kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
is Latin name? Vincentus Titus Bramblus Kompanus.

Cheers

I'm taking credit for that. You can be my Clark, but I am Lewis.

Lol
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
is Latin name? Vincentus Titus Bramblus Kompanus.

Cheers

I'm taking credit for that. You can be my Clark, but I am Lewis.

Lol

mangala = bramble
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Ironically, the move that led to our goal also came from a Kompany mistake, a wild slice that obviously surprised the liverpool player it went to, allowing us to counter
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Passive annoying and letting it hapoen, get a grip.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:58 pm

I counted five excellent vital blocks/challenges in the second half. He done better. That said his mistakes are killing us.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:02 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I counted five excellent vital blocks/challenges in the second half. He done better. That said his mistakes are killing us.

I didn't see the first half, but I also thought he did well in the second apart from that horror pass to Mangala.

Our whole defence had a very ungrateful task today, with Liverpool running through our midfield like hot knives through butter, leaving the back four constantly having to defend against opponents coming at them with speed.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:03 pm

I know that he picks the team, but once they go over the touchline ITS UP TO THE PLAYERS TO PERFORM AND PUT A SHIFT IN, not piss about with the ball and try and take too many touches and lose the ball.
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:04 pm

anyway im going to watch ENGLAND IN THE RUGBY, COME ON ENGLAND
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm

I mean, there are two routes here... and IMO, both are true.

On the one hand, City as a team are failing miserably. Players are not working for each other, there is little or no cooperation between midfield and defence, Pellegrini persists in letting one player cover for Yaya even though the other four attacking players are not pulling their shift, and so on. Kompany's form, and basically everyone's form, is suffering from these basic weaknesses. Pellegrini's not fixing them and as long as he does not, we can't expect that anyone's form will pick up and neither will Kompany's. As is also plain to see, he's not the only one in defence committing basic errors and if Kompany gets shit for basic mistakes, so does everyone else. Right now, we are playing we a defensive unit... well we're not playing as a unit. There are four players trying to do their best individually but without little cooperation. Dropping Kompany won't solve that problem, Pellegrini needs to work things out from scratch.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone matches Kompany in the amount of chances he creates for the other team. As Kompany showed in teh second half, he can do basic things correctly, like running for a ball, covering it with his body, and then pass it to another player. But then he'll make a new basic mistake again. And again. and again. Fine, the other defenders are not covering their men properly either or communicating with each other. Kompany however does not only fail to do that however, he also fumbles basic clearances and passes and makes them into perfect goal scoring chances.

And even if you don't agree with me on that, then think about who he is and what his role in the defence is. He's supposed to be better than the rest. He's supposed to help Mangala, because Mangala is younger and new to the team and the style of play. I would say he leaves Mangala to his own. One might say that Kolarov commits as many mistakes as Kompany, but it's fucking Kolarov. If he is the defensive yardstick, then we know we are in trouble.ANd Kolarov's job is not be a perfect defender, part of his job is to force the opposition winger and fullback up the pitch in fear of his runs and crosses. That's what he brings to the pitch. Kompany's supposed to bring defensive solidity and make the team comfortable. He does not.

I also wonder, although this is pure speculation, if Mangala would perhaps even play better without a nervous, over thinking, over working captain at his side. I don't know, but it's probably worth a shot.

Drop Kompany. We probably will not play better without him, I think that would be wistful thinking. But it might help him clear his head. He needs to get back to basics. It worked with Hart.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:09 pm

I counted five excellent vital blocks/challenges in the second half. He done better. That said his mistakes are killing us.

Mangala and Kompany did much better in the second half, but IMO, we're partly giving them credit for doing basic things. We've just not been spoilt by seeing such things lately.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I also wonder, although this is pure speculation, if Mangala would perhaps even play better without a nervous, over thinking, over working captain at his side. I don't know, but it's probably worth a shot.

Drop Kompany. We probably will not play better without him, I think that would be wistful thinking. But it might help him clear his head. He needs to get back to basics. It worked with Hart.

Mangler did look like a better player alongside Demichelis around December when Kompany was injured.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I counted five excellent vital blocks/challenges in the second half. He done better. That said his mistakes are killing us.

He and Zab improved vastly in the second half, but they were beyond shite in the first.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I mean, there are two routes here... and IMO, both are true.

On the one hand, City as a team are failing miserably. Players are not working for each other, there is little or no cooperation between midfield and defence, Pellegrini persists in letting one player cover for Yaya even though the other four attacking players are not pulling their shift, and so on. Kompany's form, and basically everyone's form, is suffering from these basic weaknesses. Pellegrini's not fixing them and as long as he does not, we can't expect that anyone's form will pick up and neither will Kompany's. As is also plain to see, he's not the only one in defence committing basic errors and if Kompany gets shit for basic mistakes, so does everyone else. Right now, we are playing we a defensive unit... well we're not playing as a unit. There are four players trying to do their best individually but without little cooperation. Dropping Kompany won't solve that problem, Pellegrini needs to work things out from scratch.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone matches Kompany in the amount of chances he creates for the other team. As Kompany showed in teh second half, he can do basic things correctly, like running for a ball, covering it with his body, and then pass it to another player. But then he'll make a new basic mistake again. And again. and again. Fine, the other defenders are not covering their men properly either or communicating with each other. Kompany however does not only fail to do that however, he also fumbles basic clearances and passes and makes them into perfect goal scoring chances.

And even if you don't agree with me on that, then think about who he is and what his role in the defence is. He's supposed to be better than the rest. He's supposed to help Mangala, because Mangala is younger and new to the team and the style of play. I would say he leaves Mangala to his own. One might say that Kolarov commits as many mistakes as Kompany, but it's fucking Kolarov. If he is the defensive yardstick, then we know we are in trouble.ANd Kolarov's job is not be a perfect defender, part of his job is to force the opposition winger and fullback up the pitch in fear of his runs and crosses. That's what he brings to the pitch. Kompany's supposed to bring defensive solidity and make the team comfortable. He does not.

Spot on. We actually looked decent with Mangala and Demichelis so I'd be happy with those two playing for the next few games.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Kompany showed signs of getting his shit together again.

Would be madness to drop him imo. He is still better than the other 6 defenders.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Kompany showed signs of getting his shit together again.

Would be madness to drop him imo. He is still better than the other 6 defenders.

He has just about single handedly cost us the title with the amount of goals hes been directly guilty of giving away since coming back from injury so the cunt might as well carry on as is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:19 pm

leadership skills were non-existent today
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:leadership skills were non-existent today

Only today ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:leadership skills were non-existent today

Only today ?

No. Not only today.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a "training ground knock" and is unavailable for selection v Leicester. A rest would do him good I reckon
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:11 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:anyway im going to watch ENGLAND IN THE RUGBY, COME ON ENGLAND

It's really not your day today.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum