kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Kompany isn't finished though, so many defenders find ways to adapt and readjust as they age. I think he just needs a new manager, someone who won't force him to do things he's uncomfortable with. He needs his confidence knocking down a peg or two as well, it's his belief that he can win every tackle/header/duel that's affecting the correct decision making. If, next season, Pellegrini is gone and we have a proper manager who can organise a defence, I think we'll see a resurgence from our captain.

I think he would excel in your team, Chelsea.
For an attacking City side, though, we need defenders who don't panic under pressure and that are great at one on one situations and having attackers run at them. That's what you get with the set up we've opted for (not just Pellegrini but also Soriano and Trix).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 am

Thank you Vincent, we've lost the next game already.

Worst thing he's done in the last two years is get a "rallying cry" in the media before a game. Fairly certain we've dropped points in every single one of them and given a piss poor performance as well.

Three years ago we had #together, this year we need to get #shutupkompany trending.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:05 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Kompany isn't finished though, so many defenders find ways to adapt and readjust as they age. I think he just needs a new manager, someone who won't force him to do things he's uncomfortable with. He needs his confidence knocking down a peg or two as well, it's his belief that he can win every tackle/header/duel that's affecting the correct decision making. If, next season, Pellegrini is gone and we have a proper manager who can organise a defence, I think we'll see a resurgence from our captain.

The rag is back
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 pm

As if people pick a manager in order to get the centre half playing better!

I remember a load of people on here thought one of Mancini's biggest assignments when he was brought in, was to 'get the best out of Robinho' . He did.

Komapany is still faster, & as mobile as, most central defenders playing in the top teams. If we made him available, the kind of teams who we are trying to emulate in football terms, Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, would all want to sign him.

He played midfield. he's not exactly Beckenbauer, but he can control & pass a ball. He's not less reliable as a defender than fucking Piquet or Jerome fucking Boateng ffs.

He is overdoing it & trying too hard, that's all. And he used to have a partner he could rely on, who covered for him. Now he tries to affect the game too much himself & doesn't have the same defensive cover, in a team which asks a lot more of him.

He is still better than just about anybody else, & will prove it if we let him go. Just needs to calm down, that's all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:01 pm

[quote="Ted Hughes"]
He played midfield. he's not exactly Beckenbauer, but he can control & pass a ball. [quote="Ted Hughes"]

I would just like to pull you up on this point - He cannot pass a ball to a team mate if the pass required exceeds 20 feet.

I think he is possibly the WORST fuckign player in world football to make a pass over this distance.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I would just like to pull you up on this point - He cannot pass a ball to a team mate if the pass required exceeds 20 feet.

I think he is possibly the WORST fuckign player in world football to make a pass over this distance.

I take it you've never ever seen Tiote play?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I would just like to pull you up on this point - He cannot pass a ball to a team mate if the pass required exceeds 20 feet.

Then let me add in the word for a "Centre Back".
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

I don't know that long forward passing should be a strength we look for in centrehalves.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

I don't know that long forward passing should be a strength we look for in centrehalves.

I didn't know passing over 20 feet is classed as long forward , anyway ,the point is he is atrocious and every cunt knows it..including you.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

We've had this before with Lescott etc; they should imo, on the whole, have enough simple options that they don't need to do anything other than a simple pass, & so should people like Fernando, DeJong.

The movement of the talented players in the team, should give the less talented ones easy options to pass the ball, not keep expecting them to produce defence splitting passes. If occasionally the cb produces a nice step over, or a nicely weighted pass to the forwards, great, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

Often v Barca, all the talent was fucking off up front, & leaving the cbs plus Fernando nobody to pass to but each other, under pressure. At the other end, Piquet is able to stroll about under no pressure, then pass it to Lionel Messi or Iniesta etc, ten yards away.

Kompany can do that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:17 pm

X2 That's one thing we miss when Yaya isn't playing. He's great at offering himself to the man in possession in deep positions. Makes it much easier for our defenders and for Fernando. It's easy to blame defenders when they get monstered and lose possession but it's up to other players to give their team mates options.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

It worked at QPR away, Kun would love an early pass short or long as would the natives on Tues night.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

We've had this before with Lescott etc; .

Lescott "alias the crab"passed the ball forward 5 times in all the years he played for us.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Less of the Cot the sooner we will be back on track.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

I didn't know passing over 20 feet is classed as long forward , anyway ,the point is he is atrocious and every cunt knows it..including you.

Actually Carl, I know you picked him up on tuesday for poor defending. He did seem to wobble a bit with the first goal . He really got me angry with the one pass he completely over hit, that would have sent Kun racing towards the Barca goal in the first half. His passing is average at best. He couldn't hold down a position in midfield where he first played for us. He's a great guy, an intelligent guy too, but an average player.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Correct - the thing is this , Kompany is City's spokesperson and image across all our marketing areas , so to drop him or fuckign sell him will not even be an option.

I swear to God , any other fuckign player that has played as bad as he has over the 6 games or so would have been dropped quicker than a hot fuckign potato.

He wont get better imo , he has been on an average keeling for the last year or 2.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Cue Carl, Vk stepping up the clown
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:13 pm

useless twice for their goal
he's spent
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:useless twice for their goal
he's spent

He really is.

Their best attacker. Holding up play well with every touch.

His Latin name? Vincentus Titus Bramblus Kompanus.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:25 pm

is Latin name? Vincentus Titus Bramblus Kompanus.

Cheers

I'm taking credit for that. You can be my Clark, but I am Lewis.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum