kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:25 pm

don't get me wrong, i love vk but his performances for the last year or so have been going steadily downhill. and then there's his injury record...
beginning to think we've seen the best of him
hope i'm wrong
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:29 pm

He'll need to adapt to his changing body and play with his head a bit more.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:He'll need to adapt to his changing body and play with his head a bit more.

i've rarely seen him play with his head...
i am genuinely concerned
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Honestly felt we'd have done better with Ze Mangler.

Hindsight is asshole vision as they say.

We defo need a top CB in the summer. More than we need more creative shit. Tho we've been crap at times there as well.

Who had the thread about key players missing....there's a key stat about a core 7 or so City players and without them we're shite. Could have been a FB post from Cheesy.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Vince was world class regularly when playing next to Jolean Lescott. When paired with others his world class performances are less common. But even though some don't like to admit it; JL was the best of the two on numerous occasions they played together & Demichelis was sometimes the best of the two last season.

Demichelis was fucking awful today & Mangala would have been a big improvement possibly on either of them. But Vinny is still probably the best around, & a very good player in a world full of shit central defenders.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:55 pm

He's in a slump of form probably due to his level of fitness - he is still a world class cb
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 pm

A provocative and completely fair question. He's been pretty poor this year and not because of the absence of Lescott! He and MDM played pretty decently at the end of last season otherwise we wouldn't have won the title. Today he had the excuse of rustiness but this isn't the first poor performance this season by a long shot. The worst of it is that we lose Vinny as a leader on the pitch when his own performance slumps. One can only hope that he and Mangala develop a partnership that brings back the old Vinny. Until then we'll struggle at the back. More goals conceded than the rags. A sobering thought.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 pm

blues2win wrote:A provocative and completely fair question. He's been pretty poor this year and not because of the absence of Lescott! He and MDM played pretty decently at the end of last season otherwise we wouldn't have won the title. Today he had the excuse of rustiness but this isn't the first poor performance this season by a long shot. The worst of it is that we lose Vinny as a leader on the pitch when his own performance slumps. One can only hope that he and Mangala develop a partnership that brings back the old Vinny. Until then we'll struggle at the back. More goals conceded than the rags. A sobering thought.

The best he ever played was as a partner to Lescott. 2nd best as a partner to Demichelis. Alongside anyone else, he has had few really world class games & a number of poor ones. Today both were off it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Wooders wrote:He's in a slump of form probably due to his level of fitness - he is still a world class cb

This ^^^^^^^ for me . Vinny needs games after a run of injuries plus his confidence levels will return .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Vinny has been out for a long time. He is as good as it gets when fully fit and every big club in the world would be in for him if he went on the transfer list ffs. As for Mangsla being a better option.....ha ha ha. He is no better than Boyata. Boyata is physically much stronger than Mangala, who showed he does not have the pace to cope with Evertons front line last week. As for strength, Msngala makes Merlin look like the Incredible Hulk. Don't be blinded by the size of the transfer fee.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Shall we stop calling him world class until he starts getting the basics right? Like not giving away needless freekicks right outside the box? And let's not pretend that it's only been a few matches that he's had a slump in form. It's been a while and it's worrying. If he's not fit then don't play him!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Silly thread, as is the Yaya out one. Class player needing games.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:14 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Vinny has been out for a long time. He is as good as it gets when fully fit and every big club in the world would be in for him if he went on the transfer list ffs. As for Mangsla being a better option.....ha ha ha. He is no better than Boyata. Boyata is physically much stronger than Mangala, who showed he does not have the pace to cope with Evertons front line last week. As for strength, Msngala makes Merlin look like the Incredible Hulk. Don't be blinded by the size of the transfer fee.

Today, Vinnie returning from injury and MDM having played a fair few next to Mangala, it's absolutely likely that they'd have paired better. Vincent and Martin were shit together.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Vince was world class regularly when playing next to Jolean Lescott. When paired with others his world class performances are less common. But even though some don't like to admit it; JL was the best of the two on numerous occasions they played together & Demichelis was sometimes the best of the two last season.

Demichelis was fucking awful today & Mangala would have been a big improvement possibly on either of them. But Vinny is still probably the best around, & a very good player in a world full of shit central defenders.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Even in the title winning 11/12 season Vinnie got all the credit but IMHO Lescott was the better of the two during that season.

edit: forgot to mention your last post was especially good one. I've now highlighted it.
Last edited by Moonchesteri on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Vinny has been out for a long time. He is as good as it gets when fully fit and every big club in the world would be in for him if he went on the transfer list ffs. As for Mangsla being a better option.....ha ha ha. He is no better than Boyata. Boyata is physically much stronger than Mangala, who showed he does not have the pace to cope with Evertons front line last week. As for strength, Msngala makes Merlin look like the Incredible Hulk. Don't be blinded by the size of the transfer fee.

Today, Vinnie returning from injury and MDM having played a fair few next to Mangala, it's absolutely likely that they'd have paired better. Vincent and Martin were shit together.

Cheers

Like they did against burnley and sunderland.
South Stand Balti

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:32 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

How's Vinny's record v Sunderland ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Not bothered about reading all the posts, he is always a bit rash/flappy when in his first game back after iinjury. It's almost like a frustration he has to get out of his system first game back... Today was a disappointment that is for sure. Onwards and hopefully upwards
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

How's Vinny's record v Sunderland ?

Well, I saw him pick up the League Cup against them at Wembley this year.
South Stand Balti

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Lescott gets mentioned again in a TEDS post...shock horror.

Pile of shite , Vinnie has been on a slide for a long time and the reason that pairing was split up was because we were getting worse at the back hence the fuckign chopping and changing at the back.

Vinnie is an average to good CB but apart from that...nothing to see here imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:34 pm

He's always had a tendency to make a rash one needlessly chasing the ball around hasn't he? Even when he plays well. The yellow today was classic Kompany.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum