kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He was outheaded and we conceded......that goes down to another direct fuck up from our glorious captain....Im sure somone will blame someone else and not sir fuckupalot.

I'm pretty sure you target central defenders and goalkeepers, because you simply don't know shit about football and when they make mistakes it's clear for all to see.

I do agree that Kompany has been shaky as fuck this season (that along with our whole defense). However, in this case Kompany's man was Moses. Zabaleta was marking Crouch and totally let him go.

I put the same in the game thread. Add to that that Mangala didn't know where Moses was, Vinny could see him so was drawn to him. Zabba could see Crouch and let him go. Hart did nothing. Kolarov made no effort to stop the cross. The whole of the defence are shakey these days and not a cohesive unit. Blaming one person means you are being lenient on the rest of them, I would say.

No ,no ! Sorry guys.. The organiser in the defense, Kompany must delegate properly.

Our defense is all over the place.

Even i could sort that effing mess out ... it is amateur with a capital AM.

He's Captain...yes, but I'd argue that The Goalkeeper has some responsibilty in the organisation of his defence. You're right that our defence is all over the place and you're right that Kompany was poor again at times. What you and a few seem to be saying though is that everyone else playing crap is his responsibility. If Hart ever left his six yard area to collect bread and butter balls out of the air, I think you'd find the whole defence would be far more confident.
Those that think Kompany is past it will think it regardless, but tonight is not the night to dwell on the negatives.
Give it a break for one night and come back and slaughter him tomorrow.

i am not slaughtering Komps... Carl perhaps..

Listen up...

a Central defender ignores his goalie , cos they are all wacky.

Get the ball in row Z and organise. Defending is that simple.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

No ,no ! Sorry guys.. The organiser in the defense, Kompany must delegate properly.

Our defense is all over the place.

Even i could sort that effing mess out ... it is amateur with a capital AM.

He's Captain...yes, but I'd argue that The Goalkeeper has some responsibilty in the organisation of his defence. You're right that our defence is all over the place and you're right that Kompany was poor again at times. What you and a few seem to be saying though is that everyone else playing crap is his responsibility. If Hart ever left his six yard area to collect bread and butter balls out of the air, I think you'd find the whole defence would be far more confident.
Those that think Kompany is past it will think it regardless, but tonight is not the night to dwell on the negatives.
Give it a break for one night and come back and slaughter him tomorrow.

i am not slaughtering Komps... Carl perhaps..

Listen up...

a Central defender ignores his goalie , cos they are all wacky.

Get the ball in row Z and organise. Defending is that simple.

Had a long answer typed out and lost the poxy thing. Not sure I'll write it all out again.
Here's the short version. I'm not actually arguing with most of what you say. Vinny fully deserves a lot of the criticism he is getting lately.
The way I saw the Crouch goal tonight though.
1 Hart should come and collect them and will never be a top-class goalkeeper until he plucks bread and butter stuff out of the air, outside his six yard area.
2. If Vinny was at fault, it was because of the overall organisation as you point out and not because he was outjumped. He was nowhere near Crouch because he was looking to cover Moses, who Mangala was nowhere near. He could see the danger in Moses.
3.Zabba could see the danger in Crouch, but switched off.

etc. etc. The ball shouldn't be delivered so easily into the box etc. You get the picture.

There is a general malaise in our defensive setup. Kompany carries the can a lot for stuff that is not solely his problem. I think it should have been obvious to the entire team that Stoke would try to get the ball in to Crouch at every opportunity and that is what they did in the first 20mins.

I think that even at 4-1 up the two CB's looked far from confident. But look to the positives tonight.
Give Vinny a night off. He'll be lambasted again soon enough.
I personally think it's a bigger defensive problem than just Vinny. But hoopefully it is something we will work out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:52 pm

All of those things are true.

Kompany's job was close to impossible because he had two players to worry about. It's easy to criticise once the ball has come in, but if he leaves Moses & the ball goes to him instead, he's a twat. Zaba had one bloke to worry about. Kolarov had a job to do as a fullback. Both were a waste of fucking time & could have stopped it.

Kompany was still shit though. Just not as shit as some others.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:01 am

Ted Hughes wrote:All of those things are true.

Kompany's job was close to impossible because he had two players to worry about. It's easy to criticise once the ball has come in, but if he leaves Moses & the ball goes to him instead, he's a twat. Zaba had one bloke to worry about. Kolarov had a job to do as a fullback. Both were a waste of fucking time & could have stopped it.

I am dreading the Barca match , they will put 5 past these inept cunts we have at the back.....and that's just in the first half ffs !!!

We are getting worse and worse at the back, there is not one fucking positive thing to say about our defense........we need a huge U turn in organization and player improvement otherwise we are fucked.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:41 am

At the point when the Arnautovic crosses, Moses is played offside so is not in play here.
Zaba is looking at the second man running in behind crouch, the snd man changes direction and heads to the front post which is when Zaba then changes to run after crouch, which was too late, IMO Zaba's decision was right at the time as the 2nd man ariving late was heading towards his area initially and he needed to track him.
Kompany had split Moses and Crouch, which was the correct decision if you are asked where to stand
Kolarov is 8 yds away from Arnautovic when he crosses it and cannot be blamed if you watch the footage. Nasri is also tracking to help Kolarov out.
Hart was caught in two minds, I wouldnt want him coming to collect a ball 10 yds out that is swinging away from goal and getting caught in a tangle with a bunch of players. He should have stayed on his line, however, he was caught out by the sheer quality of the cross.

In the end, it was an absolutely fantastic cross that would have eluded most keepers.

See exhibit A
Cross.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Avalon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:53 am

Your post has the same quality as Arnautovic's cross. Holy hell
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I am dreading the Barca match , they will put 5 past these inept cunts we have at the back.....and that's just in the first half ffs !!!

We are getting worse and worse at the back, there is not one fucking positive thing to say about our defense........we need a huge U turn in organization and player improvement otherwise we are fucked.

if that was Barca last night it would have been all over in 30 mins, as it was we players finding space 2nd half and also carried a lot of players. Zabba oh muy days old overnight or tired, he has hardly played though as my mate said he looks slow in the legs and the mind.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:At the point when the Arnautovic crosses, Moses is played offside so is not in play here.
Zaba is looking at the second man running in behind crouch, the snd man changes direction and heads to the front post which is when Zaba then changes to run after crouch, which was too late, IMO Zaba's decision was right at the time as the 2nd man ariving late was heading towards his area initially and he needed to track him.
Kompany had split Moses and Crouch, which was the correct decision if you are asked where to stand
Kolarov is 8 yds away from Arnautovic when he crosses it and cannot be blamed if you watch the footage. Nasri is also tracking to help Kolarov out.
Hart was caught in two minds, I wouldnt want him coming to collect a ball 10 yds out that is swinging away from goal and getting caught in a tangle with a bunch of players. He should have stayed on his line, however, he was caught out by the sheer quality of the cross.

In the end, it was an absolutely fantastic cross that would have eluded most keepers.

See exhibit A
Cross.jpg

I understand the reasoning behind what you are saying, & it is a great ball in, but they are lined up to defend that kind of ball. Zabs had no business with the spare player as he would actually stop Kompany from clearing the ball if he tried to take that player.

He is looking straight at Crouch running in behind VK. He runs across the front of Zabba to get to the ball. Crouch starts running very early. Zabba imo should be closing up quickly towards Kompany & doing everything in his power to stop Crouch making that run. Zabba should be in front of him, before he even reaches the penalty area, not at the side of him There is a hulking great danger approaching & it's his job to see it & try to stop it, possibly even by giving away his usual free kick.

Why is Zabba so far away even to start with ? What is he defending against ? The ball is on our left, there are no Stoke players wide, the whole defence is shifted over to the left, but he is marking the ballboy.

Which brings us to:

Kolarov, the whole team are over to the left, Nasri is inside, allowing him to come out & stop the cross.

He can't do anything because he is stood 8 yards away from the bloke crossing the ball: exactly.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:52 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:At the point when the Arnautovic crosses, Moses is played offside so is not in play here.

See exhibit A
Cross.jpg

I understand the reasoning behind what you are saying, & it is a great ball in, but they are lined up to defend that kind of ball. Zabs had no business with the spare player as he would actually stop Kompany from clearing the ball if he tried to take that player.

He is looking straight at Crouch running in behind VK. He runs across the front of Zabba to get to the ball. Crouch starts running very early. Zabba imo should be closing up quickly towards Kompany & doing everything in his power to stop Crouch making that run. Zabba should be in front of him, before he even reaches the penalty area, not at the side of him There is a hulking great danger approaching & it's his job to see it & try to stop it, possibly even by giving away his usual free kick.

Why is Zabba so far away even to start with ? What is he defending against ? The ball is on our left, there are no Stoke players wide, the whole defence is shifted over to the left, but he is marking the ballboy.

Which brings us to:

Kolarov, the whole team are over to the left, Nasri is inside, allowing him to come out & stop the cross.

He can't do anything because he is stood 8 yards away from the bloke crossing the ball: exactly.

Stoke gassed and were carrying players Ted. They were after a lead and hang on we spoke with a player who admitted they were shattered after Sunday and had lots of patched up players, City are the last team you want to give space and time on the ball. The goal typified us. As Mouriniho said last season at Stoke, if we played against the dummies the dummies would score !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He was outheaded and we conceded......that goes down to another direct fuck up from our glorious captain....Im sure somone will blame someone else and not sir fuckupalot.

I'm pretty sure you target central defenders and goalkeepers, because you simply don't know shit about football and when they make mistakes it's clear for all to see.

I do agree that Kompany has been shaky as fuck this season (that along with our whole defense). However, in this case Kompany's man was Moses. Zabaleta was marking Crouch and totally let him go.

Your wrong again you little fuckign retarded munchkin...he was outheaded, its there for all to see....get those fuckign pint pot glasses of yours changed you fuckign midget.

He can't reach he cross, He's not outheaded.
You really are as stupid as you come across.

Stupid ?????? I'm obviously much fuckign smarter than you in every department that life has to offer , you little mutant shite........Ive probably sacked a dozen or so little shits like you over the years, they tend to hide in cracks and arseholes, but I find them eventually, and send them to HR to collect their fuckign last pay cheque...............you are not even worth jousting with,Id rather joust with a fuckign tub of cow dung.

Wanker.

Match day banter should be limited to match days, but this semi-literate little rant is too cute to ignore. You're like a school yard bully who never grew up, bragging about his dad having a bigger car and better job than everybody else's.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Your a smarmy little fuckign shite, a peewee type character in the cyber world and most defiantly in real life too.I don't brag sunshine,I have no need to but Ill be fucked if I'm going to let a little drip like you call me stupid and get away with it without a cyber slap.

Wanker.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

if that was Barca last night it would have been all over in 30 mins, as it was we players finding space 2nd half and also carried a lot of players. Zabba oh muy days old overnight or tired, he has hardly played though as my mate said he looks slow in the legs and the mind.

I have little to no idea what Pellegrini is to do regarding the back 4 , its his fault for fuckign around with it all fucking season - Hart was as fuckign nervous last night as Mangala and Kompany combined.

I will say this though , Kolorov shouldn't be in the starting 11.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I have little to no idea what Pellegrini is to do regarding the back 4 , its his fault for fuckign around with it all fucking season - Hart was as fuckign nervous last night as Mangala and Kompany combined.

The truth is that unless Zabba finds some legs (& mental sharpness) from somewhere, he will probably cost us the league on his own, irrespective of what the rest do.

He is as bad right now, as Gary neville was when he retired. In fact I remember Neville at Stoke when he should have been sent off, & everyone saying how fucking past it he looked. Zabba is that player right now. Kolarov is not much better.

Imo Clichy & Sagna are not as good when they have missed a few games, & leaving them out is a risk that they will be shit as well.

As for the central defenders, that is a lottery. All 3 are as poor as each other. Demichelis is getting away with it on here, but not from me. He's been shite.

Him & Kompany are the most experienced but any combo could be better or worse than the other. Kompany is the captain of two title wins though, so he deserves some faith that he will get it together.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:18 pm

I think you've both touched on some valid points.

Interesting.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Didn't realise we had no game until a week saturday now. Can we not just let Zabba and a few others go to a beach somewhere and relax? They fucking need it.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The truth is that unless Zabba finds some legs (& mental sharpness) from somewhere, he will probably cost us the league on his own, irrespective of what the rest do.

He is as bad right now, as Gary neville was when he retired. In fact I remember Neville at Stoke when he should have been sent off, & everyone saying how fucking past it he looked. Zabba is that player right now. Kolarov is not much better.

Imo Clichy & Sagna are not as good when they have missed a few games, & leaving them out is a risk that they will be shit as well.

As for the central defenders, that is a lottery. All 3 are as poor as each other. Demichelis is getting away with it on here, but not from me. He's been shite.

Him & Kompany are the most experienced but any combo could be better or worse than the other. Kompany is the captain of two title wins though, so he deserves some faith that he will get it together.

It was sad to see Zabba done so many times. 30 legs gone, hope not my fav player but sorry he was beyond bad, and how he was not hooked at half time is beyond me Sagna had his best game at Chelsea, ok got done by Ivanovic ball which was a bobble 1st which caught us all out, great ball, Zabba cannot run it is a simple as that. Painful TBH better 2nd half but I have explained that they were wrecked.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 pm

We can only hope that Zabba's situation is down to fatigue & we will get him back 100% next season. He has had a lot happening on & off the pitch with still more to come.

If we are careful with him, we may just get a couple of big performances before the season is out, but trotting him out in games like Stoke away, is asking a lot.

The poor guy is totally fucked.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Swear i read something recently too about him becoming a dad for the first time?

It's so easy to forget that things like this definitely, definitely have an impact on players. They impact absolutely anyone.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:01 pm

twosips wrote:Swear i read something recently too about him becoming a dad for the first time?

It's so easy to forget that things like this definitely, definitely have an impact on players. They impact absolutely anyone.

That's what I mean about 'off field'. His wife is expecting & he only got married in the previous summer, then he has had a 50 game season, a title win, a World cup, & soon he becomes a dad, right in the middle of the title chase,one hell of a full on year.

He needs & deserves a big rest.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Swear i read something recently too about him becoming a dad for the first time?

That's what I mean about 'off field'. His wife is expecting & he only got married in the previous summer, then he has had a 50 game season, a title win, a World cup, & soon he becomes a dad, right in the middle of the title chase,one hell of a full on year.

He needs & deserves a big rest.

I'm hoping that's all it is, but I don't think Sagna is a great replacement either.
Would love Zabba to get some R&R, then come back and fight tooth and nail for his place, like he did to make himself first choice, in the first place.
Having said that I'd like them all to have to fight for their places, with no exceptions. No prima donnas or automatic starters. If they don't like it give youth a chance.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum