Yaya again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya again

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 pm

So he's leaving for £6.7m?

Seems about right...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:18 pm

He may be into his thirties but he'll have two years on his contract in the summer so he'll be worth a lot more than 6 or 7 million.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:57 pm

blues2win wrote:He may be into his thirties but he'll have two years on his contract in the summer so he'll be worth a lot more than 6 or 7 million.

Even more than shane long??

I'm sorry but I can't see his value reaching those dizzy heights.

I'd take the £6.7m while we can.

Think about who we could buy with that money ffs!!
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:03 pm

How many cakes could we get for that?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:58 pm

They can't afford his wages.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 am

South Stand Balti wrote:They can't afford his wages.

Ah, but it is so horrible at City with all these missing cakes, mercenaries, no team spirit, empty seats, defeats to lower league teams in the cups, poor european performances, etc. etc., that he will play anywhere else for a pittance just to escape his Manchester nightmare.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:01 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... ID=HP_BN_1

Yaya's agent not knowing which hole to open for talking
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:34 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/02/22/9164352/toure-wants-to-stay-at-man-city-for-life-agent?ICID=HP_BN_1

"He knows world football. The only market that City want to buy players from at the moment is Spain."

A statement backed by the fact we bought 2 players from Portugal, 2 from England, 1 from Argentina and 1 from Spain this season.

If it were me, my problem would not be selling him, it's how do you replace him? There is no player in the world that has his skill set and his physical attributes and we are very Yaya-centric.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:48 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/02/22/9164352/toure-wants-to-stay-at-man-city-for-life-agent?ICID=HP_BN_1

This is what I was saying just a few days ago.

When Yaya has been asked in the past about City in recent times, he has said on several occasions that he would like to stay. He used to say he'd do a few years & be off, but in recent times he's expressed the desire to finish at City. I think that's the whole crux of all this 'cakegate' stuff; Yaya wants to stay at City, but City haven't given him an indication it's going to happen, so he talks about 'not knowing' where he'll be or finishing his career here & there.They ask him about various teams & he says 'maybe' it would be nice to play for 'A' 'B' 'C' or finish his career there whatever. But then they ask him about City, & he says he would like to stay basically forever.

I have no doubt City speak to other clubs about Yaya, it's the way big clubs operate. I think Yaya knows this & that's why he talks the way he does. He genuinely doesn't know. Like Milner.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:50 am

Slim wrote:

"He knows world football. The only market that City want to buy players from at the moment is Spain."

A statement backed by the fact we bought 2 players from Portugal, 2 from England, 1 from Argentina and 1 from Spain this season.

If it were me, my problem would not be selling him, it's how do you replace him? There is no player in the world that has his skill set and his physical attributes and we are very Yaya-centric.

Yaya is evolving into a more replaceable player as he loses his athleticism though, imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bluedj » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:52 am

Slim wrote:

I think we don't replace him, we use him less and replace the two F's with better quality. I've often thought in the "Lesser" games, Yaya can often be a passanger, so as he is aging, leave him on the bench for these type of games, let the "hopeful" signings of a Pogba blosum when the big man is not on the pitch. Id be happy with yaya doing this role for the next 3-4 years as long as his peformances don't drop and he still delivers the Yaya factor
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 am

Bluedj wrote:
Slim wrote:

I think we don't replace him, we use him less and replace the two F's with better quality. I've often thought in the "Lesser" games, Yaya can often be a passanger, so as he is aging, leave him on the bench for these type of games, let the "hopeful" signings of a Pogba blosum when the big man is not on the pitch. Id be happy with yaya doing this role for the next 3-4 years as long as his peformances don't drop and he still delivers the Yaya factor

We can't have Yaya degenerating & play the same way, we would have to adapt. Now Yaya can still get behind the ball, even if he can't sprint back too often.

Once that goes, we need two there, all the time, at least against decent teams or one absolute super defensive player (which is what Fernando was signed for). We are already at the stage where playing our 'strongest' team could lead to disaster v Liverpool next week & at the Camp Nou for example.

It could be that a different kind of midfield, would allow the rest of City's team to play more or less the same way, without Yaya, apart from the Yaya bit.

If we end up having to build the team to protect Yaya, is he the best player for that role, or would some other ageing playmaker be better ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 am

Yaya's agent is going to be pushing hard soon for a two year extension on the same wages. That would take Yaya well into his mid thirties. I just can't see the Club being prepared to do that so there could be trouble ahead. One option would be for him to play out his contract and then be given a Club job like responsibility for developing the brand in Africa for instance. Soriano says they look three years ahead in transfer planning so they will be looking now at a future post Yaya. There is no like for like replacement but I can't believe they won't be in for Pogba very seriously if he becomes available in the summer which looks quite likely.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:17 am

blues2win wrote:Yaya's agent is going to be pushing hard soon for a two year extension on the same wages. That would take Yaya well into his mid thirties. I just can't see the Club being prepared to do that so there could be trouble ahead. One option would be for him to play out his contract and then be given a Club job like responsibility for developing the brand in Africa for instance. Soriano says they look three years ahead in transfer planning so they will be looking now at a future post Yaya. There is no like for like replacement but I can't believe they won't be in for Pogba very seriously if he becomes available in the summer which looks quite likely.

And they will have looked at the possibility of offloading Yaya for decent money or as a part ex & talked to clubs about it.

That imo, is probably the cause of the recent problems, & why his agent is criticising the Spaniards whilst sucking up to Sheikh Mansour.

Not because Yaya wants to leave, but because he doesn't.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:35 am

I am not sure Yaya has it in him to last to his mid-30's. His frame is too large which, as a benefit now, will accelerate his decline as he gets slower.

It's been said by just about everyone in this thread, replacing him would require a reworking of the midfield. Fernando/Pogba will not cut it, not against Bayern or Real. Fernando/Fernandinho/Pogba...maybe, would not hurt to replace Fern1 with a better player, how's Barker coming? Is he done yet?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:46 am

Slim wrote:I am not sure Yaya has it in him to last to his mid-30's. His frame is too large which, as a benefit now, will accelerate his decline as he gets slower.

It's been said by just about everyone in this thread, replacing him would require a reworking of the midfield. Fernando/Pogba will not cut it, not against Bayern or Real. Fernando/Fernandinho/Pogba...maybe, would not hurt to replace Fern1 with a better player, how's Barker coming? Is he done yet?

Barker is basically a potential Peter Barnes or Ryan Giggs. Imo if Sinclair can play in the Premier League for Aston Villa, then all of our EDS could play for Aston Villa. But that's not City of course.

We don'r have any kids who would replace Fernando or Fernandinho directly at any time soon. We have a whole bunch with a *chance* of one day being part of a Barca style all running passing unit. All talented.

Nearest to a Fernando/Dinho currently is a lad called Keane Bryan. Could imagine him one day anchoring a 433 or diamond. Potential is there. Good defender, hard worker, decent on the ball, with a little bit of 'something'. Could end up Roy Keane. Could end up Gary Megson. We will just have to see.

But as I've said before; I'd try Jason Denayer there & see how it looks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:I am not sure Yaya has it in him to last to his mid-30's. His frame is too large which, as a benefit now, will accelerate his decline as he gets slower.

Barker is basically a potential Peter Barnes or Ryan Giggs. Imo if Sinclair can play in the Premier League for Aston Villa, then all of our EDS could play for Aston Villa. But that's not City of course.

We don'r have any kids who would replace Fernando or Fernandinho directly at any time soon. We have a whole bunch with a *chance* of one day being part of a Barca style all running passing unit. All talented.

Nearest to a Fernando/Dinho currently is a lad called Keane Bryan. Could imagine him one day anchoring a 433 or diamond. Potential is there. Good defender, hard worker, decent on the ball, with a little bit of 'something'. Could end up Roy Keane. Could end up Gary Megson. We will just have to see.

But as I've said before; I'd try Jason Denayer there & see how it looks.

I wished we got more Scottish games over here so I could see what you guys see, but then again they'd probably take the time away from something I actually enjoy like La Liga or Bundesliga. If reports are to be believed, he is ready next season to start making inroads into the 1st team, but I thought the same for Pozo this season and that's gone nowhere fast.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:18 pm

We did Pozo no favours at all by playing him in that position imo. Against people like Jagielka with his back to goal ? At least we should have given him chance to redeem himself by giving him a few minutes playing a more creative role. He struggled to regain his form at EDS level after that.

Denayer is very close. Whether he's close enough, we can only see by trying him. But I just feel he's good enough to play at City in some capacity even if cb is too much to start. Kompany did a season in midfield. Denayer also is really great 1v1. I'm not sure Zabs or Sagna would stop any player who could beat Denayer.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:01 pm

I'd let him run down his contract and have another look at it between now and then. I'm not convinced with the players touted to replace him and we perhaps need a new strategy that means moving the ball faster through the midfield. Unless we can convince him to add just another year onto his contract, which would be perfect.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:41 pm

The truth is he still anchors our side. Everything goea through him and we are a better side with him there. The more defensive options simply make us less effective going forward whilst still being fragile at the back.
We still need Yaya
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum