EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:33 am

Maybe he has an African birth certificate and he is actually not 13, but 6 years old
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Just thought I'd mention that the recent tournament win by the U13s, beating Benfica in the final, means we won at 13s 14s & 15s level. When you then consider the u18s in the Youth Cup final, the U19s getting to the quarters of the European tournament, the U21s still in the Premier League international Cup.

When various people try to be smart, doing the club down by using the word 'holistic' this is where they should actually use it. As all the teams play in the fashion some would have us change. And it's only just in it's first few years.

Player of the tournament was one Tommy Doyle (grandson of the great man) & the team also contained a certain Harvey Neville. Nephew of Lurch, son of Igor.

Holistic.

What position does he play, Ted ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Just thought I'd mention that the recent tournament win by the U13s, beating Benfica in the final, means we won at 13s 14s & 15s level. When you then consider the u18s in the Youth Cup final, the U19s getting to the quarters of the European tournament, the U21s still in the Premier League international Cup.

When various people try to be smart, doing the club down by using the word 'holistic' this is where they should actually use it. As all the teams play in the fashion some would have us change. And it's only just in it's first few years.

Player of the tournament was one Tommy Doyle (grandson of the great man) & the team also contained a certain Harvey Neville. Nephew of Lurch, son of Igor.

Holistic.

What position does he play, Ted ??

Midfield apparently. According to sources elsewhere, several of the team were U12s wheras Porto had several overage players & were mostly bigger stronger etc but City were better. It has been said that the big lad is one of the u12s !
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Can't be at the Leicester game tonight due to arranging work which I could have arranged for another night if it had been advertised earlier & better.

That's the weakest link re the academy right now; information.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Can't be at the Leicester game tonight due to arranging work which I could have arranged for another night if it had been advertised earlier & better.

That's the weakest link re the academy right now; information.

You're not missing much..

Very poor so far.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Bringing Angelino and Iheanacho on. That'll do. Pozo playing with him will be interesting.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:20 pm

I tell you... This Kelechi lad has 'it'.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm

twosips wrote:I tell you... This Kelechi lad has 'it'.

good to hear ;-)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:39 pm

A 3-2 win
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Couldn't watch but based on twitter reports bringing kelechi and angelino on made the match completely different. Have to imagine Kelechi goes into the pot with Lopes, Rekik, and Denayer as the group being reviewed for first team action in preseason this summer. Went from having something like six weeks off to two goals in four days and a slew of other chances created.

Amazing how much better Pozo looks with a striker in front of him - scored one and assisted one. Hope we get a striker in that we can allow Pozo to play as a 10 next season.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby twosips » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Iheanacho is seriously class. A truly special talent.

Garcia and Pozo loved playing with him.

Will type up a proper report in the morning.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby C & C » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:02 pm

twosips wrote:Iheanacho is seriously class. A truly special talent.

Thanks! Always enjoy reading everyone's reports from these games.
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Looking forward to it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Maybe he has an African birth certificate and he is actually not 13, but 6 years old

They should stand him next to the kid on the far right. It'd look like that time England brought SWP & Crouch on at the same time
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Looking forward to it.

Seriously looking forward to this kid getting a chance next season. Hope it happens.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Looking forward to it.

Seriously looking forward to this kid getting a chance next season. Hope it happens.

Not only does Ian look like the real deal, he get in ref's faces an' all. It'll be nice to have a player like that for a change.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby twosips » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:19 pm

He works hard too. Not Tevez hard, no (but how many do?), but a damn sight more than Aguero or Dzeko do.

Literally got everything to his game.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Like Ted I was gutted to have to miss this one and had I known about it earlier I could have rearranged. But I will look forward to hearing Twosips account tomorrow having just read the official report when I go in.

Sounds flat for the first half but given life and belief when the 2 subs were made at half time. Interesting team too with some key names not starting and Maffeo for example not even getting onto the pitch.

As for Iheanacho when I saw him in the pre season games ( having seen bits on U tube with the Nigerian under whatever team) I thought he was something special. Sometimes it's easy to look good in pre season stuff but there was just something a bit extra about this lad. For me he should be 100% in the squad next season as one of our main strikers.

Great to hear Pozo responded when Kelechi ( easier to type) came on as we all feel he needs to be playing off a main striker. Well chuffed for him scoring as well and also Garcia. I thought this young feller showed some good bits in the game against Chelsea the other night including a bit of toughness when they tried to get stuck into him. Still a one to wcth for me as he has great footballing talent.

I am also very interested in how George Evans played. I assume in a center back role on his return from Scunthorpe. I have felt he is a nearly man at City but maybe the loan has improved him significantly.

Won't be missing the final if it is at the CFA next week as has been mentioned. I do notice though that this performance to get to the final hasn't exactly received national press coverage has it. I wonder what we might have heard if it had been another lot.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 01, 2015 12:33 pm

The consensus in preseason was that Nacho should go straight into the first team (and it's not often there's a consensus on this board)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Pellegrini says that from the team that played yesterday, we will soon have 3 or 4 players who play in the first team.

In that case, the stewards should be given tazers & anybody caught moaning at them on the pitch, immediately shocked into silence. A repeat offence should mean being taken to a cell beneath the stadium, soaked in water, kept in the dark for 10 weeks, fed on only bread and water & given electric shocks, on the hour, every hour .

I spoke to Zabapoopoo's mate, who works at City, & he told me Khaldoon has already drawn up plans for this ready for next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum