EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby twosips » Thu May 05, 2016 6:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Brahim Diaz to go on this year's pre season tour! I hope so so watch this space.

Anyone heard of Bobby Duncan? Just tweeted something about scoring his 50th goal this season and still counting. Bit Aguero like is size/stature but sounds like another great prospect for the future. Still only 14 but I think has been involved with our all conquering under 16's ( not 100% sure about that) We got him from Wigan a few years back. Maybe a star of the future and also maybe difficult for us to hold onto as he is Steve Gerard's cousin!

Anyone got more info!

I swear if it weren't for you doug this site would be a lot more depressing

Just need TwoSips to come back but he's working hard now with BlueMoon Rising TV

I didn't really get why he started focusing on Twitter instead of this forum, but he's now got 4,500 followers and reaches a much larger audience than he would on here.

100% truth is that I accidentally deleted all my bookmarks, forgot to re-add MCF.net, then just never got round to coming back. Always thought it was a shame that Ted left too as I agreed with a lot of what he said re Youth stuff and personally found the EDS side of the *other* forum a bit more active...(sorry guys). Also totally and utterly ran out of time! Good to see Doug's keeping you all up to date though :)

As Doug said too - there is no u16s league, but they were unbeaten all year in their 'friendlies' (their games mirror those of the u18s exactly) as they battered everyone.
Last edited by twosips on Thu May 05, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Welcome back Twosips! Just in time for the end of the season!

Hope you are still enjoying the young uns and will continue your great work next season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri May 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Good game for the EDS tonight against Liverpool. I hadn't seen too much of this team of late so was really interested to see how they played. Seen loads of the 18's and enjoyed every match they play , been disappointed a lot by the first team far too often this season so this would be an interesting comparison.

To be fair to them both as individuals and as a team i thought they were very good and showed plenty of what's been missing from the first team. Energy and effort. Liverpool are nobody's pushovers .They had some names in there who have played first team football and they , as ever , were a bigger outfit than City.I don't think Liverpool played that well but so much of that is because we did play well.

Starting from the back Gunn didn't have a lot to do but the fabulous point blank save early in the second half was massive. Bryan and Tosin as the center back pair I thought were magnificent. Maybe Bryan is being groomed to be a center back rather than midfield player but tonoight ( a couple of moments aside) i though he looked very good but Tosin was imperious and how you know who get's even close to the first team with this lad around is a joke.

Horsfield at right back did well as did Cameron Humphreys playing out of position at left back and it was only when he got an injury that we looked iffy. I think we trto play 3 at the back but it didn't work and that's when Pool threatened. Not for too long tho as Simon Davies made the change he had to make pushing geldon to right back and the 2 guys central again.

Great to see Manu Garcia play well tonight. I think he played a little deeper tonight to find the spaces and it helped him a lot but his passing was better tonight plus little one twos to find space worked well. It was his pass to find Bytyqi's excellent run form the right which made the first goal. A little chest control and pass to Isaac Buckley and he finished well.

Glendon was playing well linking with Garcia, celina etx until he went to full back to carry on his good work. On at half time came Alex Garcia and what an assured return after injury. The lad oozes quality and his passing , often first touch, helped give us almosy total cotrol in the 2nd half once the defensive organisation was restored. His pass for the second goal to Celina was just special. He saw Celina's movement and hit a 40+ yard ball inch perfect over the defender for Celina to chest down , round the keepr and score. Just sublime and you must watch it on the OS when you can ( even if the keeper possibly should have been out to nick it off him)

Buckley fought hard and definitely looked more effective from wide right but had started centrally Took the goal well and put in 2 great crosses which were so close the 2nd goal. Barker a little more like his old self. A real threat from the left wing and also nearly scored. Celina's goal was great but he was very involved in us dominating the game through the midfield with intelligent interpassing and also some variations with longer balls over the top when good runs were made.

Just a good all round team performance. Onto the 18's in the morning which I am really looking forward to and just a shame I can't stay for the whole match and the celebrations at the end with the premier league trophy.

One final though from tonight. No Angelino. Is he injured or could he be the laft back cover for Clichy as we don't want Kolarov do we? Lets hope he isn't injured
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Competent performance from under 18s against a massive Fulham side to top off U18 Premier League title win. With a bit more composure or a bar 6" higher, we could have had 8 or 9.

Particularly impressed by Fernandes and Diallo as hadn't seen them before
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:41 pm

One final though from tonight. No Angelino. Is he injured or could he be the laft back cover for Clichy as we don't want Kolarov do we? Lets hope he isn't injured

Kolarov is injured and City tweeted training from the Etihad earlier which showed Angelino with the squad. Plus two others I didn't recognise
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sat May 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

Kolarov is injured and City tweeted training from the Etihad earlier which showed Angelino with the squad. Plus two others I didn't recognise

Aaron Nemane and Sam Tattum(bizarrely)
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Sat May 07, 2016 4:36 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Aaron Nemane and Sam Tattum(bizarrely)

Not idea why Sam tattum would be needed. Probably to act as a full back for a training

Sam recently went on trial elsewhere but didn't secure his place (stoke or whu). He is only with us until he finds a club.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Competent performance from under 18s against a massive Fulham side to top off U18 Premier League title win. With a bit more composure or a bar 6" higher, we could have had 8 or 9.

Personally I was really impressed by the 18's this morning even though I had to leave ( cricket season) when the 4th went in. Today's team probably had only 2 of the best 11 that has played the majority of the games this season but we still ran the game from start to finish.

Fernandes I would say has been unlucky not to play all the time as he is a seriously talented player. A wonderful touch,great dribbling skills and a great change of pace.I thought he was really good today. Diallo has had a lot of injury problems this year ( maybe only one but out for ages) but he is a bit of a beast isn't he and a real player.

Sancho didn't have his best game but still showed what a great talent he is his goal , our second, was a gem which s aid everything about him. Lost his man so easily and ran in on goal and you just knew he would score. Jacob Davenport excellent again and helping to dominate the midfield. Just a really good all round team performance and I am gutted I couldn't be there at the end for the well deserved celebrations.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Competent performance from under 18s against a massive Fulham side to top off U18 Premier League title win. With a bit more composure or a bar 6" higher, we could have had 8 or 9.

Personally I was really impressed by the 18's this morning even though I had to leave ( cricket season) when the 4th went in. Today's team probably had only 2 of the best 11 that has played the majority of the games this season but we still ran the game from start to finish.

Fernandes I would say has been unlucky not to play all the time as he is a seriously talented player. A wonderful touch,great dribbling skills and a great change of pace.I thought he was really good today. Diallo has had a lot of injury problems this year ( maybe only one but out for ages) but he is a bit of a beast isn't he and a real player.

Sancho didn't have his best game but still showed what a great talent he is his goal , our second, was a gem which s aid everything about him. Lost his man so easily and ran in on goal and you just knew he would score. Jacob Davenport excellent again and helping to dominate the midfield. Just a really good all round team performance and I am gutted I couldn't be there at the end for the well deserved celebrations.

Not seen a lot of the under 18s - semis, final and West Ham game, plus the televised ones, so a lot of players I knew little about today (didn't help we couldn't find a team sheet or that they kept showing Grimshaw in net despite watching him walking about in front of us).

Fernandes I hadn't seen, but impressed by his ability to beat a man and willingness to shoot. Possibly should have passed a couple of times, but considering the first team, I won't knock anyone for having a go!

Diallo, when he had the ball, reminded me of Yaya. Capable of keeping it and playing decent passes, but a sudden turn into a drive forwards.

Sancho held on to the ball too much at times, running into too many challenges, but he'll learn and it's amazing to think he still plays for the under 16s. First goal was taken very well and chesting the ball in reminded me of a shouldered goal scored by someone just across the road - impudent, cocky, arrogant but totally in control.

Several players from today could well make it if they keep working, which considering the likes of Grimshaw, Tosin, Humphreys, Diaz, Garcia, Nemane etc weren't playing looks good for the future.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun May 08, 2016 1:05 pm

Two cracking goals from Patrick Roberts for Celtic today.

https://twitter.com/gifsfootie/status/7 ... 1340400640
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 08, 2016 1:09 pm

blues2win wrote:Two cracking goals from Patrick Roberts for Celtic today.

Everything in that fifteen second clip that Navas is not
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I'd love to know how much is down to Navas and how much is down to Pellegrini. In less than a year, Sterling has gone from one of the most exciting players in the league to one of the most pointless, unless the point is to give it back to the player who gave it you.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 08, 2016 9:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I said much earlier in the season that if Roberts had played first team instead of Navas and got the ball in as many good situations as Navas we would have scored loads more goals. On the flip side we would have been asking questions about his tracking back , helping out etc.

I don't dislke navas at all and think he is a great professional team player but I would rather have Roberts all day long. And I think it's a complete nonsense that we are missing him for another season. We should do anything feasible to get him back immediately.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 am

Saw a clip from the guys on Citywatch TV or whatever. They were looking at loan players. Rated Roberts 9 out of 10 but thought he should stay at Celtic for next season to assist his development. Very strong puff for Byrne who's apparently doing really well n Holland, I think. Thought he might make the squad for next season. Any thoughts anyone?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Fri May 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Celina signs up till 2020. He can play for his native country Kosovo now they've been admitted by UEFA.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby twosips » Sat May 14, 2016 12:39 am

blues2win wrote:Saw a clip from the guys on Citywatch TV or whatever. They were looking at loan players. Rated Roberts 9 out of 10 but thought he should stay at Celtic for next season to assist his development. Very strong puff for Byrne who's apparently doing really well n Holland, I think. Thought he might make the squad for next season. Any thoughts anyone?

Aye mate, that was me, and it was this clip! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhGCvvHjXCE

I basically scored the effectiveness of their loans, not necessarily their ability. Jack's had a fantastic loan out at Cambuur. Got better and better, scored some lovely goals and has been a proper shining light in a poor team. He's looked great against Ajax and PSV too. Said 8/10 for him, as it hasn't been exceptional, but it has been very good for his development. Roberts I defo think has so far been a '9' (had to score em!) in terms of what he's learning. He's absolutely dominating that league.

I'm really hopeful that Byrne can impress in the preseason months under Pep. His attitude is phenomenal, and he has plenty of ability too. He's defo an outsider bet for the squad with a little luck.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 14, 2016 6:00 am

twosips wrote:
blues2win wrote:Saw a clip from the guys on Citywatch TV or whatever. They were looking at loan players. Rated Roberts 9 out of 10 but thought he should stay at Celtic for next season to assist his development. Very strong puff for Byrne who's apparently doing really well n Holland, I think. Thought he might make the squad for next season. Any thoughts anyone?

Aye mate, that was me, and it was this clip! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhGCvvHjXCE

I basically scored the effectiveness of their loans, not necessarily their ability. Jack's had a fantastic loan out at Cambuur. Got better and better, scored some lovely goals and has been a proper shining light in a poor team. He's looked great against Ajax and PSV too. Said 8/10 for him, as it hasn't been exceptional, but it has been very good for his development. Roberts I defo think has so far been a '9' (had to score em!) in terms of what he's learning. He's absolutely dominating that league.

I'm really hopeful that Byrne can impress in the preseason months under Pep. His attitude is phenomenal, and he has plenty of ability too. He's defo an outsider bet for the squad with a little luck.

I really hope you're right mate, but as you know I have serious reservations about the quality of the Dutch league. Don't forget that Rusnak was also ripping up trees at Cambuur, and now he's having a tougher time at a somewhat bigger club.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sat May 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Yep, but there's a vast difference in mentality between Byrne and Rusnak. Byrne is cut out for the English leagues in terms of temperament and tenacity, Rusnak arguably never was. As a young lad in a foreign country he's had a great loan. That's all he can do so far, the rest is up to preseason now.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubciteh » Mon May 16, 2016 2:06 pm

twosips wrote:Yep, but there's a vast difference in mentality between Byrne and Rusnak. Byrne is cut out for the English leagues in terms of temperament and tenacity, Rusnak arguably never was. As a young lad in a foreign country he's had a great loan. That's all he can do so far, the rest is up to preseason now.

How does Byrne compare to the lads a couple of years younger than him? Would we be better promoting one of them to the first team instead of him if they are better?(i have no idea if they are im just throwing it out there!).
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Couldn't have chosen a better lad. City fan too. He has been excellent this season.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum