EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Bluedj wrote:That's an excellent read Two-Sips, you're getting very good at this ;-)

Ha. Ta!

Thanks all. Genuinely reckon all the players ive listed could come back as serious first team prospects next year. The next bunch of scholars coming through from the u16s is fantastic.

Diaz, Bolton, Campbell, Diallo, Nmecha, Fernandes, Camacho, Bashiru etc... its so, so strong.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:18 pm

twosips wrote:
Bluedj wrote:That's an excellent read Two-Sips, you're getting very good at this ;-)

Ha. Ta!

Thanks all. Genuinely reckon all the players ive listed could come back as serious first team prospects next year. The next bunch of scholars coming through from the u16s is fantastic.

Diaz, Bolton, Campbell, Diallo, Nmecha, Fernandes, Camacho, Bashiru etc... its so, so strong.

Have you seen much of the younger age groups?
Do you reckon that the teams or prospects are stronger the younger you get in the Academy?
The youngest I've seen is the group that won over in that Greek tournament a little over a month ago. (think it was theU14's). They looked good but were playing on a terrible pitch, so it was hard to judge. Bad and all as the pitch was, they impressively tried to play football the same way we have seen all other academy teams try.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:24 pm

From what I know the u16s/u15s is a really strong group. Seen the odd bit here and there and they were extremely impressive. I'd recommend hunting down the Toreno Del Futuro tournanment which is sitll online. In general though I think we'll find that the younger we get em, the better they'll end up and the best English kids will be complimented by the really talented european lads who tend to join in their mid teens.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Brilliant read fella thank you.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:09 am

My pleasure mate! Hoping to speak to Wilcox during preseason which would be great...

Fingers crossed. I've got lots i'd like to ask him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby EEE » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 am

Since I can't start any new topics I put this one here since it relates to developing our youth. A thought I wanted to have some feedback on. Given the difficulty in finding good loans for our EDS players who for different reasons need to be tested at senior level and our (CFG) recent practice of buying clubs around the world;

- Is there anything that would stop us from buying an English club in say League One?

In the best of the worlds we want to have control of the development of our promising players, teaching them our philosophy of football etc, and not ship them out to clubs who play negative football or clubs where our players end up on the bench when the pressure is on the manager. Sending Facey and Angelino to NYCFC is something similar but I know the City cheifs would prefer to have them closer to Manchester and tested in English leagues. Vieira has rooted strongly for B teams but the odds of that happening are low, and if it's happening it will be years away. I guess the fans of the club we would be buying wont be happy but other than that, is there any legal etc obstacles for such a setup?
Last edited by EEE on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
EEE
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: V. Kompany

Postby dazby » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah, I think there is.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby EEE » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 am

dazby wrote:Yeah, I think there is.

Great, then I know. Cheers!
EEE
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah there's a million potential legal reasons and loads of ethical ones too that'd absolutely destroy our credibility even if it was possible. Never gonna happen.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby EEE » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:42 am

I guess you're right that it wont happen. Seing Chelsea have dodgy deal with Vitesse which pretty much act as their farm team I got thinking if there would be any way to achieve a setup that's cleaner. And you're right that there's plenty of ethical reasons why it might not be plausible. The excitement of seeing a team in League One where the majority of the players are our young promising talents might have got me a bit carried away.

Even if there were a lot of crap among the suggestions Greg Dyke and the "England Commission" proposed last year along with introuduction of Premier League B teams there were also a suggestion on Strategic Loan Partnerships:

"We propose the creation of a new type of relationship between clubs, called a Strategic Loan Partnership (SLP). Complementary to the existing loan arrangements (which would continue), the primary difference with an SLP is that the lending club would be able to guide the loaned player’s experience more closely while on loan. We believe this would increase the use and effectiveness of loans for development and overcome many of the limitations of current loan experiences. Under this proposal, Premier League and Championship clubs would be entitled to establish SLPs with up to two clubs in divisions below the Championship. The senior club could lend each lower club up to eight players in a season, although only five could be on the team sheet at any one time. With the SLP, the senior club could also lend coaches to transfer expertise plus further support in the areas of sports science, nutrition, and education to bring benefit to both clubs. Part or all of loaned players’ wages could be paid by the club."

That's a setup I would be in favour of.
Last edited by EEE on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
EEE
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:49 am

EEE wrote:I guess you're right that it wont happen. Seing Chelsea have dodgy deal with Vitesse which pretty much act as their farm team I got thinking if there would be any way to achieve a setup that's cleaner. And you're right that there's plenty of ethical reasons why it might not be plausible. The excitement of seeing a team in League One where the majority of the players are our young promising talents might have got me a bit carried away.

Even if there were a lot of crap among the suggestions Greg Dyke and the "England Commission" proposed last year along with introuduction of Premier League teams there were also a suggestion on Strategic Loan Partnerships:

"We propose the creation of a new type of relationship between clubs, called a Strategic Loan Partnership (SLP). Complementary to the existing loan arrangements (which would continue), the primary difference with an SLP is that the lending club would be able to guide the loaned player’s experience more closely while on loan. We believe this would increase the use and effectiveness of loans for development and overcome many of the limitations of current loan experiences. Under this proposal, Premier League and Championship clubs would be entitled to establish SLPs with up to two clubs in divisions below the Championship. The senior club could lend each lower club up to eight players in a season, although only five could be on the team sheet at any one time. With the SLP, the senior club could also lend coaches to transfer expertise plus further support in the areas of sports science, nutrition, and education to bring benefit to both clubs. Part or all of loaned players’ wages could be paid by the club."

That's a setup I would be in favour of.

The only trouble is, if it's something that our dangerous idiot Greg Dyke is suggesting and supporting, then I'm naturally and automatically dubious.

I haven't thought this through but, as a knee-jerk reaction, I feel it might somehow make a mockery of football in our lower Divisions. I'm open to being convinced otherwise but, in the meantime......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:40 pm

We can't force the leagues to accept it & they don't want it. We would have to make it financially too good to refuse.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Excellent read two sips, mind if I post a link to it on a small thread in an Irish forum dedicated to city?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Go for it! DM me a link of the forum so I can have a browse too pal
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:03 pm

EEE wrote:
dazby wrote:Yeah, I think there is.

Great, then I know. Cheers!

For a start there would be a chance of meeting each other in the FA cup (do league one teams play in the League cup? I'm vaguely thinking they don't) - which would be a huge conflict of interest. Maybe a Scottish club though? Although they would both have a chance of meeting each other in Europe there, which UEFA would frown on. Basically the FA needs to sanction a B team in the lower leagues (and legislate specifically for it).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby twosips » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Wrote a piece about Angelino and Jack Byrne...

Waffled as ever :)
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Another good read, Twosips.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Nice work, again.

I wonder if Angelino will debut this weekend or whether they will bottle out of playing him ?

Lampard is playing & it's on Sky, but I'm more interested to see how Angelino copes, suddenly thrown in vs full sized blokes, (if it happens).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Cheers gents.

Angelino apparently made his debut today in a behind closed doors friendly. He got 45 minutes, which is actually encouraging. If he's already getting game time after only being there for a couple of days after flying back from Manchester, even if it is just a friendly, then it must be a good sign that they want to use him pretty soon.

The squad list for the first team's trip to Australia is great. LOADS of kids involved.

Gunn, Humphreys, Horsfield, Plummer, Denayer, Zuculini, Lopes, Glendon, Iheanacho, Garcia, Ntcham, Fofana, Barker, Celina, Pozo and the new lad Unal.

Great that Humphreys is there. Still only sixteen! Maybe the club have him slightly ahead of Tosin at the moment, and thats probs fair too as Humphreys was fantastic towards the end of the year. Garcia there as well. Gonna be interesting seeing lots of these with the first team.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:09 pm

twosips wrote:Cheers gents.

Angelino apparently made his debut today in a behind closed doors friendly. He got 45 minutes, which is actually encouraging. If he's already getting game time after only being there for a couple of days after flying back from Manchester, even if it is just a friendly, then it must be a good sign that they want to use him pretty soon.

The squad list for the first team's trip to Australia is great. LOADS of kids involved.

Gunn, Humphreys, Horsfield, Plummer, Denayer, Zuculini, Lopes, Glendon, Iheanacho, Garcia, Ntcham, Fofana, Barker, Celina, Pozo and the new lad Unal.

Great that Humphreys is there. Still only sixteen! Maybe the club have him slightly ahead of Tosin at the moment, and thats probs fair too as Humphreys was fantastic towards the end of the year. Garcia there as well. Gonna be interesting seeing lots of these with the first team.

Wow I hadn't thought of Humphreys being there when Tosin isn't. Maybe it's more of an experience thing and he won't play whereas Tosin will maybe be captaining the under 21's who are away in Spain.

It's really scary to think of the talent we have to be able to send all these lads with the first team but still enough quality to field two squads away in Spain at the latter end of the youth age group.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum