EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:53 pm

How come Gunn didn't start? Also why no Barker?

On Roberts is he more Adam Johnson than messi? Or somewhere in between?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Dubciteh wrote:How come Gunn didn't start? Also why no Barker?

On Roberts is he more Adam Johnson than messi? Or somewhere in between?

I heard Gunn had a slight injury to not to be risked although he was on the bench. Roberts is somewhere in between those 2 but so are most players! Potentially a lot lot better than Johnson though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:28 am

I heard Gunn had a slight injury to not to be risked although he was on the bench. Roberts is somewhere in between those 2 but so are most players! Potentially a lot lot better than Johnson though.

Do Roberts and Barker play on the same flank or will we be able to field an EDS-eleven with both of them in it?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:42 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Do Roberts and Barker play on the same flank or will we be able to field an EDS-eleven with both of them in it?

Barker is right footed but prefers to play left and plays better there. Roberts is left footed and prefers to play from the right so yes they could both play in the same EDS team. if they did and played really well at the same time it would be something to behold.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:22 am

The EDS were very very good last night. There was some questionable Boro keeping but it was a fantastic first half in particular. Match report here -

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... rough.html
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:13 am

Barker and Roberts are on the subs bench for the first team at Spurs.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:19 pm

twosips wrote:The EDS were very very good last night. There was some questionable Boro keeping but it was a fantastic first half in particular. Match report here -

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... rough.html

Lovely report as always.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:32 pm

My pleasure mate. Here's another for your reading list! ha.

U18s won 2-0. Dead good game too and it should have been about five or six. Battered em.

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... -city.html
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:39 pm

twosips wrote:My pleasure mate. Here's another for your reading list! ha.

U18s won 2-0. Dead good game too and it should have been about five or six. Battered em.

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... -city.html

Shame they can't kick off at the same time as the first team at the moment and make a dash over the bridge at half time! Six wins two draws is impressive stuff though
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:57 pm

I see the U19's came back from a goal down in the first minute, to beat Borrusia 1-2.
Fair play to them. Good to see a City side come back from going behind. I forgot it was an early game.
Did anyone see it online? Apparently we had a fairly young team out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:12 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I see the U19's came back from a goal down in the first minute, to beat Borrusia 1-2.
Fair play to them. Good to see a City side come back from going behind. I forgot it was an early game.
Did anyone see it online? Apparently we had a fairly young team out.

3 16 yr old lads and an average age of 17 and a quarter. Not sure if it was twosips or another twitter account that stated that fact. However, it's very impressive.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes a very young side and sadly it was not televised for anyone to see so it was only keeping up with Tiwtter updates we got regular updates. A goal down in the first minute it sounded like we dominated most of the game from there but against a stubborn organised defence it took time to get the goals.

And yet again Nemane stood up to be counted with a good assist and then the winner which sounds like cutting in from the left and scoring. Patching with the equaliser is really coming to the fore at the moment. He is a definite goal threat as he has a great long 20/25 yard shot on him but it's his general play which is standing out. He looks really comfortable on the ball and always seems to be looking to play forward positive football. The good thing is that it's not just that he can see a pass but he can deliver them too.

He is outshining Manu Garcia at the moment.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Praise indeed Doug.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby twosips » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 am

Tbh, if he was Spanish i think we'd all be a lot more excited by Patching. Garcia is a lovely little player, but he's actually not really ever wholly exerted himself on a game at youth level, just shown nice little moments that hint at potential. Patching is definitely doing more for me at the same age.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby littlebig » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks for the posts here lads. It's really good to get the inside track on our young 'uns which is one of the most exciting things about our club for me.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Angus Gunn is in the England u21 squad.
Well.done and deserved.
No other players made it. Was hoping roberts might but plenty of time.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Wrote an EDS loan report so far...

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... eport.html

Ntcham, Facey, Angelino, Denayer, Byrne, Fofana, Unal, Horsfield...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:06 pm

U21's lost to Leicester on Sunday 3-1. Did anyone go to it, or were you all nursing hangovers.
Only read the OS report and it sounded like another one of those strange set ups, by Vieira. People playing out of their normal positions.

Any match analysis/reports lads?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Second best against Leicester and maybe not a surprise. Not for the first time I have turned up to an EDS game to find the opposition team about a foot taller on average ( well at least they were big and we weren't) plus we had players either not playing or not playing in the normal best position.

We had Tosin Adarabyio and Cameron Humphreys on the bench but had a center back partnership of Pablo Maffeo and Kean Bryan. We had Aaron Nemane and Brandon Barker on the bench but Celina wide left and Thierry Ambrose wide right and David Faupala through the middle.

The first Leicester goal was a long cross from the left, the massive centre forward jumped above Kean Bryan and just nodded the ball simply home.The second was a fluke as a shot from 25 yards hit a City player and diverted into the other corner giving Lawlor no chance. Leicester had barely troubled City really but were two up and although City almost created things it was a not quite day.

Celine for me is wasted on the wide left. Garcia (on the bench v Newcastle) got plenty of the ball but did just about zero with it. His passing has really gone for the moment either misdirected or the wrong pace. Add Glendon , also playing central, and doing nothing and we were just moving the ball around without being a threat.

When Nemane came on in the 2nd half for Glendon there seemed to be an injection of something but it was Leicester who scored again with a screamer from Doodoo in off the bar and it was basically game over. Faupala scored a nice goal from 20/25 yards but although we played better we still weren't that threatening. Barker came on as did Cameron Humphreys and we did have more of the game but flattered to deceive.Ambrose worked hard and had some time at center forward and did have the odd chance but it's just not happening for him at the moment.

Can't quite work out Vieira's plans with this team and especially why we clearly don't play our strongest 11 and regularly play players in different roles to their best. No doubt it's all about getting different kinds of experience and development but it's all a bit confusing to a plank like me.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:42 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Second best against Leicester and maybe not a surprise. Not for the first time I have turned up to an EDS game to find the opposition team about a foot taller on average ( well at least they were big and we weren't) plus we had players either not playing or not playing in the normal best position.

We had Tosin Adarabyio and Cameron Humphreys on the bench but had a center back partnership of Pablo Maffeo and Kean Bryan. We had Aaron Nemane and Brandon Barker on the bench but Celina wide left and Thierry Ambrose wide right and David Faupala through the middle.

The first Leicester goal was a long cross from the left, the massive centre forward jumped above Kean Bryan and just nodded the ball simply home.The second was a fluke as a shot from 25 yards hit a City player and diverted into the other corner giving Lawlor no chance. Leicester had barely troubled City really but were two up and although City almost created things it was a not quite day.

Celine for me is wasted on the wide left. Garcia (on the bench v Newcastle) got plenty of the ball but did just about zero with it. His passing has really gone for the moment either misdirected or the wrong pace. Add Glendon , also playing central, and doing nothing and we were just moving the ball around without being a threat.

When Nemane came on in the 2nd half for Glendon there seemed to be an injection of something but it was Leicester who scored again with a screamer from Doodoo in off the bar and it was basically game over. Faupala scored a nice goal from 20/25 yards but although we played better we still weren't that threatening. Barker came on as did Cameron Humphreys and we did have more of the game but flattered to deceive.Ambrose worked hard and had some time at center forward and did have the odd chance but it's just not happening for him at the moment.

Can't quite work out Vieira's plans with this team and especially why we clearly don't play our strongest 11 and regularly play players in different roles to their best. No doubt it's all about getting different kinds of experience and development but it's all a bit confusing to a plank like me.

Thanks Doug. It does sound confusing trying to work out what the benefits of our set up is, sometimes. Surely there has to be a balance between managing the game and pure development of the individuals. However as you say, a plank like me won't worry over results at this age too much, if it means we start to see some of these players get a chance over the next few years.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum