EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:54 pm

And did ok from what I saw.

He always does. He's a bit slow at times and he's a bit sloppy at times (but no more than Sterling or Silva (atm) are), but he's great. He needs to be tested, either with us or somewhere else. I'd prefer with us tbh.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:22 pm

I agree. To hell with this loaning out business. The first team needs a major overhaul. We should buy 4-5 top players if we have the 150 million we think we have. Sell about 8 and put youth team players into the squad to seriously press the establishment fir places.

That's my tuppence worth.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Some thoughts on today's 18's game v Chelsea. No doubt at all that Chelsea are a top side and in that first half they showed why. After an early goal we equalised through Nmecha after a great run from Nemane but after the first 2o minutes or so we just lost our way.

Chelsea had worked out how we wnated to play from the back and basically forced too many errors and when they got chances to attack they just cut through us.Their first was a simple give and go and it seemed that would be enough to create against us all the time. Patching and Wood in midfield just didn't have the control or composure and we just lost hold of the game. Brahim looked our main threat but nothing special came from his good moments.

Wilcox obviously unhappy at th half time took the two midfield lads off and brought Brahim into the center whilst bringing on Sancho on the left wing. Sancho is 15 and Brahim 16. The other new player was Tom Dele-Bashiru. Those 3 changed the game but it was especially Brahim who took the game by the scruff of the neck and totally mesmerised Chelsea.

He was simply brilliant and you must watch the highlights when they come on to the OS.Hard to do him full justice in words on here but think Kinkladze in full flow. Sancho also is a great player to watch as he has supreme confidence in his ability on the ball and just threatens defences all the time. Such a lovely touch on the ball and he loves a nutmeg and must have managed 4 or 5 today.

The other change i saw from the4 first half must have come from the manager Wilcox. 3 players in particular just seemed more aggressive and quicker into the tackle so that Chelsea hardly had a look in. Oliver and Kigbu as the center back pairing but also Davenport just sat in front of them was excellent winning the ball and giving it to Brahim whenever they could.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 pm

just seen the highlights
diaz.... wow! the lad is pure quality.
said it before and will say it again. he will make the first team before the end of next season.
who needs ms or n? we have a plan d!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:42 am

just seen the highlights
said it before and will say it again. he will make the first team before the end of next season.

Where did you find the highlights?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:44 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
just seen the highlights

I cannot find them either.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby blues2win » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:46 am

I posted a link to his goal earlier in the thread. Absolutely brilliant.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:16 am

ruralblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
just seen the highlights

I cannot find them either.

Nah, there's the clip of his goal but no highlights on the OS or YouTube as of yet.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am

Do any of you lot actually go on Newsnow ffs !!!

Half of the stories you look for are actually on there..I saw the highlights last night on this site.

And btw - the highlights (for those fuckers who dont know about newsnow) are on the OS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Aye just come on the OS. Never even heard of that site Carl but will have a shifty at some point ta.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:48 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Aye just come on the OS. Never even heard of that site Carl but will have a shifty at some point ta.

Good to see those highlights but it only gives a glimpse of just how good Brahim was.

I still remain baffled at how few people actually go to watch these games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Aye just come on the OS. Never even heard of that site Carl but will have a shifty at some point ta.

Good to see those highlights but it only gives a glimpse of just how good Brahim was.

I still remain baffled at how few people actually go to watch these games.

It certainly surprised me on Saturday with it being before the Villa game I expected the stand to be packed but it was half empty.

You're right about Brahim too, class act at 16.His potential is like nothing I've seen before at that age.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby crowdsway » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:55 pm

crowdsway
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks for that. I didn't know that existed. I had heard it mentioned but thought it was just all headline news stuff. I've saved it to my homepage :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:35 pm

The FA Youth cup Semi Final game is at the Etihad on Friday night against Arsenal. Its the usual season card holders for free, just the east stand is open
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 am

Wonderwall wrote:The FA Youth cup Semi Final game is at the Etihad on Friday night against Arsenal. Its the usual season card holders for free, just the east stand is open

Gutted it's on a Friday, I've no chance of making it over in time after work. The second leg is live on ITV4
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:18 am

I went to the EDS game against Sunderland yesterday rather than watch the first team v Norwich and maybe I made the right choice even if I didn't see the best of games or results! Strange similarities at the start of each game as the feeling was that the wrong team had been selected for each game with Bony playing instead of either Kelechi or Sterlng and maybe even the wrong full backs.

Against Sunderland I was surprised that Buckley was playing center forward, Celina away on the right wing, Horsfield and Bytyqi in the central playmaking roles and no place for Faupala. Sunderland are a strong side and competing right at the top of the league with Utd and it showed as they set up well and we found if very hard to get at them. They are a well organised physical team albeit they seemed to lack much creativity.

We had most of the earlt play without creating too much and then out of the blue they broke free form the left touchline across the field and then just laid a ball across goal for someone breaking all alone from midfield and a very well constructed and well taken goal. That was just about all they did attacking and to be fair to them we didn't much look like equalising.

I seemed Davies realised the team wasn't functioning right and he did move Buckley to thr right where he does play better imo but it meant Celina was moved to the false 9 role which also does not play to his strength. The 2nd half was much the same or even more with City in control and we were getting closer through a packed defence and it wasn't really a surprise when we scored through Alex Garcia. Maybe a deflected shot but it was a great strike anyway from the edge of the box.

There was really only going to be one winner as Sunderland showed no real intent on winning the game even though I think they needed to if they were to have a chance of winning the league. We came close and probably two excellent forays from Angelino which got him into great crossing positions were our best opportunities but he just couldnt find the right final ball.

Best player on the day was probably Garcia. His awareness and range of passing really is good in a Pirlo type of performance and all he needs for me is to have more effect in the final third. Scoring is a major plus obviously but the role has has is quite deep and I think he could be more valuable a little further forward.

Horsfield had the role I would like to see Garcia in and without wanting to sound too negative that just isn't the best position for Horsfield as I see him as a right back or defensive midfield player breaking the game up and giving the ball to better players/passers.

Barker was ok but still for me lacking confidence and not taking on defenders like we know he can. I worry about his body language which suggests to me he just isn't enjoying himself. Bytyqi in the midfield central role worked hard but didn't really do much which again leaves me wondering why Celina is given other roles when a central playmaking role is where he plays best.

Great to get the news that the under 18's won again this time 1 nil away at Reading and that without Brahim Diaz who is away on international duty. 3 of our teams playing at basically the same time!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Thank you for the report Doug. I'm sure you made the right decision yesterday
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 am

Barker, Gunn and Bryan all called up to the England U20 squad, strange not to see Patrick Roberts in there
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 pm

How's Bryan doing? I haven't seen him play this season - it can't be too long before he gets a small taste of the first team surely? (Or have I missed his debut? It wouldn't surprise me if I had)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum