EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:These guys are so fucking delighted City haven't scored.

Just thinking the same, they're willing roma to score

The number of small faults they have picked up on with City, and then praising Roma who have made far more mistakes than we have. They were kissing Chelsea's arses the other day & they were fucking garbage; worst I've ever seen them play.

The way they are commentating on this match it's as if we are playing a fucking conference side who we are just expected to walk over. They have had two chances to work out defend against City already & are playing at home. This is a fucking tough game, not a walkover to the next round.

Absolutely no walkover.They talked about how City hammered them 4 in the qualifying league but don't mention that it was nil nil after 70 minutes!

And yes Bryan is having a mare for him
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 pm

How many fucking decisions against City ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Commentators desperate for a roma win jeezus
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Reminds me of the first team tippy tappy , and a needless sending off,
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:20 pm

I had a feeling that might happen. Bryan red card that is.

Also a sub now, Kongolo on for Pozo

And one nil Roma now
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:20 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Reminds me of the first team tippy tappy , and a needless sending off,

Holistic.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:21 pm

And the commentators doing high fives
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:24 pm

We only had 9 players on the field for that goal.

Byrne was fixing the captains armband on his arm he was having difficulty with!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:43 pm

It's all gone tips up,
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Commentators blaming Vieira for showing passion u couldn't make it up
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Great goal that to put Roma two up.

But glimmer of hope with the late penalty, red card & 6 added minutes. 10v9 for the last few mins
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Is the commentator a relative of Tyler. After Roma's lad was sent off he said he will miss the semi against Chelsea. It needed the co commentator to say "if they get there"
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:58 pm

What a weird game that was, I can't even believe how biased the commentators were and that ref lost the plot, along with a couple of city players
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Disappointing performance and result obviously. We were not at our best and when you have a team defending in numbers you need your key players to play really well. Barker missing was a blow and although I thought Ambrose did well ,especially at the start, he wasn't in what I see as his best position.

I still cannot get my head around Vieira playing Maffeo in the middle and Humphreys at right back. That was always likely to cause us issues.If Maffeo had to be center back Sam Tattum should have been right back as it's his natural position andf he's pretty good. Certainly much better imo than Humphreys at right back.

But ultimately it's 2 red cards that cost us bigtime and the individuals have to take the blame for that. Bryan showed his weakness in the 1st half being caught on the ball and that's what got him the red with basically a lack of awareness. I am sure he will learn from it. Nemane looked lively when he came on but there wasn't enough presence in the box when he got balls across. Disappointed with Celina. Gave the ball away too easily in both the positions he played.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:05 pm

It's a triumph for negativity & simulation. Established how we couldn't challenge in the air first of all, then stop us from challenging on the ground, but hardlt ever concede a free kick.

The foul Bryan was sent off for would have been a free kick the other way if he'd been in their side & chucked himself over when the challenge came in. Everything they asked for they got.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Byrne lost it completely and needs to sort his head out. I dont know what he was crying about. It was a poor challenge and he only has himself to blame.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Byrne lost it completely and needs to sort his head out. I dont know what he was crying about. It was a poor challenge and he only has himself to blame.

I tecon it's down to being constantly fouled but constantly penalised.

There was a big foul on Nemane just prior to it but he ends up giving a free kick away trying to fight it off, then Byrne gets sent off a few secs later.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:30 pm

All part of the learning experience. The ref was crap and easily conned by the Roma players yet City were still a little naive with some of the challenges. Playing in Europe is different to playing in the english league and some longer than others to get that.

The pitch was crap as well but maybe we should have been used to that after our time playing at Hyde.

The red cards were crucial of course but I couldn't help thinking we went about it a little wrong.Barker missing maybe but I didn't understand why Angelino was not getting forward like he usually does.Somehow we were not going for it as much as I would have liked to see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Byrne lost it completely and needs to sort his head out. I dont know what he was crying about. It was a poor challenge and he only has himself to blame.

I tecon it's down to being constantly fouled but constantly penalised.

There was a big foul on Nemane just prior to it but he ends up giving a free kick away trying to fight it off, then Byrne gets sent off a few secs later.

And what was his first yellow for. It was poor by the ref but he shouldn't have reacted like he did.
I thought overall we were poor and very slow in the build up. Sloppy passing all around. We got on top of it in the second half until Bryan got sent off. He was caught in possession too many times. Thought Byrne was getting well into the game up until he got sent off.
Nemane did alright but not much for him to aim for.
I know you guys see a lot more of them than I do, but that to me was all to familiar. It was like watching the 1st team and having the same horrible inevitable feeling about what the outcome would be.
It's a recurring theme, City being screwed over in Europe.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:All part of the learning experience. The ref was crap and easily conned by the Roma players yet City were still a little naive with some of the challenges. Playing in Europe is different to playing in the english league and some longer than others to get that.

The pitch was crap as well but maybe we should have been used to that after our time playing at Hyde.

The red cards were crucial of course but I couldn't help thinking we went about it a little wrong.Barker missing maybe but I didn't understand why Angelino was not getting forward like he usually does.Somehow we were not going for it as much as I would have liked to see.

I think it's because Barker wasn't there. He plays a short pass in to Barker then goes on for the return & Barker is always on it. Celina wasn't in tune with it.

Barker is just a fantastic player but perhaps the understanding they have is even more special.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum