EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby RiderJake » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:04 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Won 3.1 with a hat trick from Carlos Borges the flying wide attacker. Twitter full of get him in the first team he's better than x or y or z!!

Clasic reaction probably from "new" City fans who wont have seen him play apart from the highlights og the goals.

He's a talent for sure and very quick and I do hope Pep is involving him with the first team to take a closer look. If we had an easy Carabao game he could easily be involved .

Does Carlos Borges expect to move to the main team? Or is he going to be sold somewhere?
RiderJake
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: De Bruyne

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:20 pm

I doubt City will want to send him on loan yet , if ever, but will hope he accepts the development he is currently getting with the EDS and hopefully from training with the first team ( assuming that's happening)

Dont know what Borges himself will expect or want. If he expects to be playing first team soon he needs to think again. If he does have patience we will end up having to sell him and no doubt put a buy back clause in the sale.

Sancho was very impatient and went to Dortmund. He's done ok I spose but would he have been better served staying and fighting for a place here? Braaf also showed great impatience and hasnt really been seen since although injuries have been bad for him. He was a bit similar in style to Borges but thought he deserved to be first team before he was ready.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:53 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I doubt City will want to send him on loan yet , if ever, but will hope he accepts the development he is currently getting with the EDS and hopefully from training with the first team ( assuming that's happening)

Dont know what Borges himself will expect or want. If he expects to be playing first team soon he needs to think again. If he does have patience we will end up having to sell him and no doubt put a buy back clause in the sale.

Sancho was very impatient and went to Dortmund. He's done ok I spose but would he have been better served staying and fighting for a place here? Braaf also showed great impatience and hasnt really been seen since although injuries have been bad for him. He was a bit similar in style to Borges but thought he deserved to be first team before he was ready.

Kiss of death - Borges added to City’s first team squad for tonight.

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:26 am

Mase wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I doubt City will want to send him on loan yet , if ever, but will hope he accepts the development he is currently getting with the EDS and hopefully from training with the first team ( assuming that's happening)

Kiss of death - Borges added to City’s first team squad for tonight.

If anyone wants to know what the real picture looks like all they have to do is find it on the city sites.

As for Sancho , he makes over 300 k a week and regardless if he’s lost what he had , he’s a self made multi millionaire at a young age - so no , IMO he wouldn’t have been best off at City at all , certainly not financially .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:12 pm

The under 21s winning 4-1 v the rags. Borges with a hat trick. The lad seems to be on fire
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:The under 21s winning 4-1 v the rags. Borges with a hat trick. The lad seems to be on fire

6-1 now!

Borges has 4

Surely he gets on the bench v Chelsea as a reward
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:44 pm

played 90 minutes tonight for the EDS so no chance hes on the bench v Chelsea.

Didnt win the game at Grimsby but Sky are saying we qualified anyway. I thought we had to win the pen shoot but I am sure SSN know better.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:47 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:played 90 minutes tonight for the EDS so no chance hes on the bench v Chelsea.

Didnt win the game at Grimsby but Sky are saying we qualified anyway. I thought we had to win the pen shoot but I am sure SSN know better.

No, you were right. We went out.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hscotty0 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:19 pm

big fan of okeke. going to be a good understudy to rodri. can play his position and get forward.
Hscotty0
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: bernardo

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Currently playing Forest on City+ - losing 1-0
XI: Grant, Naylor, Alleyne (C), Simpson-Pusey, Samuel, Whittingham, Wright, Okeke, Ndala, Oboavwoduo, Lawrence

SUBS: Murray-Jones, Dada-Mascoll, Harrison, Heskey, Muir
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:33 pm

City two up already against Arsenal courtesy good goals from Robertson and Borges.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm

blues2win wrote:City two up already against Arsenal courtesy good goals from Robertson and Borges.

5-0 at HT
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:21 pm

Finished 6-0
blues2win

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:42 pm

City were good but wow Arsenal were appalling especially defensively..
We have a pretty settled side at the level which Robertson has come into. it surprised me how matured he looks after his loan period , injuries etc but he still has a good eye for goal and his two here were very well taken. How time flies.

Mebude and Borges just keep doing the business but although there will be all sorts of hype after a score like this I really dont think its worth getting too excited as the Arse were so poor.

We're back at the top of the league again though
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 am

Jason Wilcox resigns as Academy Manager at City to join Southampton as Technical Director.
blues2win

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:09 pm

blues2win wrote:Jason Wilcox resigns as Academy Manager at City to join Southampton as Technical Director.

I think he was academy director mate.

I also think he’ll realise how good he had it here once there, as a lot have found out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:13 pm

I’m corrected!
blues2win

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:19 pm

superb display today by the EDS away at Palace. They were competing at the top of the league with City ( and I think Arse and Lpool) Lose and Palace go above us.

Smashed them 5 nil and it could have been 10 as their keeper made some great saves. Borges with a goal and assists and the same for Mebude. These two lads have been playing well all season and seem to love playing together one on the left and one on the right.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby belleebee » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:superb display today by the EDS away at Palace. They were competing at the top of the league with City ( and I think Arse and Lpool) Lose and Palace go above us.

Smashed them 5 nil and it could have been 10 as their keeper made some great saves. Borges with a goal and assists and the same for Mebude. These two lads have been playing well all season and seem to love playing together one on the left and one on the right.

Caught the highlights earlier today and was again impressed by the way these lads work selflessly for each other to produce some outstanding team goals. Invidious to single out individual players but besides Borges and Mebude, from what I saw, Bobb had another good game. With the U18s also producing a 5-0 win, it was a good weekend for the Academy.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:32 pm

City go 3-1 up against the dippers. Borges bags two.
blues2win

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum