EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Yep. He's become a pretty key member very quickly. It'd be interesting if we could bring in Pozo (is he elligible?) as an attacking mid for him perhaps.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Is Ian Nacho able to play?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Pozo is too old I think.

It will mean either a solid but less talented player such as Wood, or a talented but less physical player, such as Garcia, but we won't have that superb balance of skill & physicality that he brings.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Is Ian Nacho able to play?

He is ok for age, but I don't know about registration.

Also, it might not go down well with the team if someone from outside is drafted in for the final.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Also, it might not go down well with the team if someone from outside is drafted in for the final.

2nd leg of the semi first :-)
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Great shame for Denzeil as he has been looking good and as you say an important part of the team the way they set up and play. My guess might be Wood with increased emphasis on Celina to make things happen along with the wide players.

I just hope Barker gets fit to platy.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:17 pm

I see there is an EDS game versus Celtic on 16th April (Thursday 7pm KO), this is a bit of a strange one isnt it?
I would imagine Celtic fans will go to that, as they always seem to come out of the woodwork when Celtic are south of the border, it will probably be the same for their EDS team too.
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:16 am

Looking forward to this today. Leicester at 1pm. Feels like I've not had a city fix in yonks.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:14 am

Nice documentary with Jack Byrne from the OS that our Irish posters in particular will like

http://youtu.be/4h7DcDMxsjo
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 am

Wonderwall wrote:I see there is an EDS game versus Celtic on 16th April (Thursday 7pm KO), this is a bit of a strange one isnt it?
I would imagine Celtic fans will go to that, as they always seem to come out of the woodwork when Celtic are south of the border, it will probably be the same for their EDS team too.

It's for the Premier League International Cup quarter final.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:36 pm

At the EDS game and it's fucking scandalous that Barker hasn't played for the first team yet. He's electric.

Knockaert, first teamer for Leicester is playing and he's been their best player but Barker has been better, faster, more skilful, stronger and a constant menace.

He's set up one for Angelino and scored the other against a very competent and strong Leicester team.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:38 pm

twosips wrote:At the EDS game and it's fucking scandalous that Barker hasn't played for the first team yet. He's electric.

Knockaert, first teamer for Leicester is playing and he's been their best player but Barker has been better, faster, more skilful, stronger and a constant menace.

He's set up one for Angelino and scored the other against a very competent and strong Leicester team.

Who wants Sterling. Give our own a chance.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
twosips wrote:At the EDS game and it's fucking scandalous that Barker hasn't played for the first team yet. He's electric.

+1.

All day long

Though if Bale or Reus rocked up in the summer I wouldn't be disappointed. They can also play centrally which still allows Barker to get a game.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:49 pm

He's raw but he's got so much talent. The way he dribbles reminds me of Hazard - I'm not kidding. He runs in the same way. Obviously he's not at that level but his style is similar.

Yeah not everything he does comes off but he's potentially an absolute nightmare for more or less any premiership right back withy twenty odd minutes to go. He'd terrorise most of them if given chances.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

+1.

All day long

Though if Bale or Reus rocked up in the summer I wouldn't be disappointed. They can also play centrally which still allows Barker to get a game.

Just repeating what I've put in other threads, but I don't see him as being an alternative to the two you mention, or Isco for that matter. I would see him as the perfect alternative, to spending a fortune for homegrown/English quota players like Sterling and the likes. Sane goes fir Kane, Barkley, or whoever the flavour of the month may be. Promote our own. Buy real quality.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Angelino hattrick.

Our left back. He's exceptional.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:38 pm

twosips wrote:Angelino hattrick.

Our left back. He's exceptional.

Get them in the squad next season. You watch them Twosips. Would you agree.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Last edited by PrezIke on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:48 pm

We've got a lot of talent. A shed load. Ridiculous amounts...

Any of them could make it but Angelino is arguably our most consistent. The only "flaw" in his game is that he's not tall. That's it. If he's not one of the best left backs in the world in a few years time something strange will have happened. I'd have him getting games next season definitely. He's played as a winger second half and he's basically been Navas if he was much more skilful and could finish like Aguero. I'm not kidding.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Pellegrini sounded pretty negative about giving the kids a chance in the first team squad next season. He obviously wants a big signing and so do I but that shouldn't exclude advancing our youngsters. It really would be a shame if the likes of Barker Angelino and Maffeo simply stay in the EDS. Either get them good loans where they'll play and develop or give them at leadt some senior game time if they stay in the EDS. I take for granted that Denayer and probably Lopes will be in the first team squad next season. Having said all that if Pogba goes to the Scum or Chelsea next season I'll be furious. Real's a different matter and Barca are rumoured to be offering to guarantee to take him after their transfer ban runs out.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum