EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby twosips » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Two impressive victories again this morning for the academy. The u16s are fucking incredible. They're the most exciting generation we have at the club allegedly and the figures seem to back that up. That's 19 goals in two games now (10-0 last week - 9-2 today) and today they didnt have Dele-Bashiru, Diaz, Smith for half a game and Lewis Blackshaw, plus they were up against sunderland's u17s.

The u18s arent bad either and it was them that I watched (both games are played at the same time)...Five in five and at the top of the table. Thought Dele-Bashiru who stepped up from the 16s as Patching is with England was great. Strong, bullish, tough. Very positive too and with a good turn of pace. Buckley was the MOTM for me though. He's improving so so much. Absolute nightmare over on the right and he reminds me of Sterling a lot. Scored two.

Wrote a detailed report here and posted a bit about the u16s too.. enjoy!

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... s-9-2.html
Last edited by twosips on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks for that.., a great read and for me in South Wales and not able to attend these matches an absolute terrific means of finding out what's going on and the looming prospects
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:45 am

Love reading the reports Twosips. U16's sound like the business.
Keep it coming.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:32 am

Keep these reports comings Twosips. They are much loved. Very informative and interesting as per usual. Out of interest, what sort of crowds do these games attract?
The lad from bluemoon had a bit of a downer, but like you say, it's early days yet for the academy. Most wont make it to our first team but i for one am sure in four or five years time we will have a good number in our team. And those that dont make it with us will find a level in the game and we will earn a few quid as well.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:24 am

Oh, and did anyone else see the comments by Beckenbauer this week regarding the Academy. He basically said that with the new TV deal the Premier League are going to have the most pulling power for players, but that a lot of the clubs are using money to invest in youth development. He commented that he had been to our Academy and that you won't find anything better anywhere and it is frightening to think what it could achieve.

High praise indeed
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:16 am

nottsblue wrote:Keep these reports comings Twosips. They are much loved. Very informative and interesting as per usual.

Very much this. It is great reading, twosips.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ruralblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:40 am

Between you and Doug these are always a treat to read. Keep it going Twosips!!!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:13 am

Yey Twosips!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 am

Why don't you create a blog run together Twosips and Bobbybrows? You seldom write about the same games (if ever) and together, you'd cover most games played at older youth levels, the women's team and the men's team.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby blues2win » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:19 pm

City under 14s beat the scum 9-0. Cracking stuff boys.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby twosips » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Cheers all. Glad you like the reports.

Been a great weekend for the academy - U18s are top of the league as they made it five from five. U16s won 9-2 this weekend and 10-0 last weekend. The u15s beat Everton 2-0, Blackburn 4-0 and then Liverpool 6-0 in three forty minute games on Saturday, and this morning the u14s battered United 9-0.

The talent we have is unreal. The younger lads are even better, as we've had more training time with them during those crucial development years younger on. Its no coincidence that the big revamp 5 or so years ago has given rise to these u14s/u15s teams that are destroying everyone. We will see some genuine world starts eventually arise from these lot. I'm certain.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:Oh, and did anyone else see the comments by Beckenbauer this week regarding the Academy. He basically said that with the new TV deal the Premier League are going to have the most pulling power for players, but that a lot of the clubs are using money to invest in youth development. He commented that he had been to our Academy and that you won't find anything better anywhere and it is frightening to think what it could achieve.
High praise indeed

Yes, not only did City's Academy get praise from Beckenbauer, but Bayern's Rummenigge also made similar compliments... First time I've ever seen anything positive said about City, from those two!
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-09- ... t-academy/
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:35 am

blues2win wrote:City under 14s beat the scum 9-0. Cracking stuff boys.

The Death Star burns and the Evil Empire crashes, caution RAG report:

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/09/06/ ... ed-118934/?

Manchester United’s U14s were on the wrong end of a 9-0 defeat at the hands of Manchester City this weekend.

There were some Man United players who were not not in the team due to participating in a tournament with the U15s, but it re-opens the discussion about concerns many have with the academy.

On the surface, United’s academy is in good nick. The sides which have coverage, the U18s and U21s, have both been doing well in recent years.

United’s U21s have won consecutive U21s Premier League titles while the likes of Adnan Januzaj, Andreas Pereira and Paddy McNair have all broken through into the first-team and the U18s also have some great talents such as Axel Tuanzebe and Callum Gribbin, so there have been some real positives.

However, the concerns lie with the younger ages. As discussed in detail by Andy Mitten in this extremely informative article on the academy, City’s newly constructed academy has changed the landscape in Manchester. Now, kids have a viable, arguably more alluring, alternative to Carrington.

Here’s a short extract from Andy’s article which discusses the problem at hand:

“City’s young players train together and are educated together at a very good private school. By contrast, a select few United players, usually those from outside Manchester, go to a non-fee paying school close to the training ground. United have discussed building a school and having young players live at Carrington, but so far it hasn’t happened.

“Imagine you’re a single mum in Moss Side (a working class neighbourhood close to City’s old Maine Road home),’ explains someone familiar with the recruitment process. ‘Both clubs come in for your son but City offer him a full private education in one of Manchester’s best schools, to be continued even if your son is released, as most are. If he stays at United, he stays in the same school he’s in. City also offer money, maybe as a one-off payment to a parent. United offer a travel allowance.

“Or, imagine you’re a 17-year-old from outside England and both Manchester clubs want you,’ he continues. ‘You go to see both clubs and see that United have the history, then you go to City and see that they have better facilities, education and they’ll also pay more.”

United’s heritage and tradition is something City’s money will never be able to buy they are starting to build something from the bottom up which, in the long term, could bear great fruits.

The 9-0 loss is irrelevant in the grand scale of things as it is just a bunch of youngsters having a bad game of football which carries no consequence but it is the wider issue of what is happening to the shape of United’s academy at grassroots level which is cause for concern.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:52 am

......and there's more

https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-uni ... 80843.html?

Reds to react after City battering MAN UNITED, LATEST NEWS UPDATE: 31 MINUTES AGO Manchester United are ready to conduct a review of their youth ranks after their Under-14 side were walloped 9-0 by Manchester City. - See more at: https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-uni ... s0p0u.dpuf

The Red Devils dominated the local youth scene for over two decades with Sir Alex Ferguson at the Old Trafford helm. But since his departure the Citizens have invested over £200m on their City Football Academy and are snapping up the talent from far and wide. City have recruited some of the best talent-spotters in the Greater Manchester area over the last 18 months, as their rivals tried to fill the huge first-team void left by Sir Alex. To make matters worse for United and the rest of City's Premier League rivals, the blue half of Manchester are national champions from every category below Under-19s. As things stand early this term, City's under Under-18s are top of the league, the Under-16s have scored 19 goals in two games and the Under-15s have beaten Liverpool 6-0 in 40 minutes. But the thrashing of United's youngsters has only further cemented the feeling in the Red Devils' corridors of power that they need to react to City's giant strides. - See more at: https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-uni ... s0p0u.dpuf

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-uni ... 80843.html?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:04 am

the future's bright
the future's blue!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 am

Ha ^

That clubcall article quotes my tweet word for word.

https://twitter.com/esteemedkompany/sta ... 7907473408
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:07 am

Her comes the pedant in me.
That's Frank Carson whose catch phrase was "It's the way I tell 'em"
It was the largely unfunny Jimmy Cricket who used to say "And there's more"
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:55 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Her comes the pedant in me.
That's Frank Carson whose catch phrase was "It's the way I tell 'em"
It was the largely unfunny Jimmy Cricket who used to say "And there's more"

Ah no well said. That would be the only reason to remember said Jimmy Cricket I agree.

In fact the whole lot were largely unfunny on TV, restricted in swearing and without a booze-fuelled audience that, in the right mood, finds anything funny.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 am

So, according to the cliché-ridden Mitten, City have money and the rags have history. The truth is, City is now making history and the rags are history. How's them for bitter lemons, you rag cunt?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:So, according to the cliché-ridden Mitten, City have money and the rags have history. The truth is, City is now making history and the rags are history. How's them for bitter lemons, you rag cunt?

They may have made history, but we're writing the future.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum