EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby freshie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
freshie wrote:
ruralblue wrote:I want you to ask to get these young lads names on their shirts please. For someone who doesn't get to see many youth or eds games it's difficult knowing who's who!

Great idea

there was a ruling in the FA that says this cannot happen. I dont know the exact phrase, but it centres around paedophilia and the fact that wierdo's hanging around parks would know a childs name, therefore it is far safer to just give out numbers and for them not to have their own shirts. I know City is a totally different level, but that is where is stems from, the main players all have first team squad numbers but dont use them at youth level.

It's the fucking paedos ruining football, not City
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:13 am

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the potential deal that highly-rated Manchester City youngster Jack Byrne is on the verge of making a move to Eredivisie side SC Cambuur.

Midfielder Byrne is regarded as one of the best young prospects at City and is a regular in Patrick Vieira's Elite Development Squad.

The 19-year-old trained with Manuel Pellegrini's first-team last season on several occasions and he is tipped for a bright future at the Etihad Stadium.

The all-action midfielder has represented Ireland at U17, U19 and U21 level and is expected to make the step up to the senior side in the near future.

City feel a loan move represents the next stage in Byrne's development, so that he can get some valuable first-team experience under his belt.

City enjoy a good relationship with SC Cambuur, with the likes of Albert Rusnak and Sinan Bytyqi enjoying loan spells at the Dutch club over the last 18 months, and Byrne is set to follow in their footsteps.

Byrne is also expected to be handed a new deal by City before making the loan switch to Holland, with City of the opinion that the Irishman could be ready for first-team reckoning at the Etihad Stadium if he does well out on loan.

Hope this is true. Great move I think. Dutch league is ideal to get him used to playing v adults without being clattered by numpties or benched by numpty managers.

If he shines there, it might make him for City, or for his own career. Good luck to him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 am

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or transfer thread.............

Manchester City youngster Jack Byrne set for SC Cambuur loan

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the potential deal that highly-rated Manchester City youngster Jack Byrne is on the verge of making a move to Eredivisie side SC Cambuur.

Midfielder Byrne is regarded as one of the best young prospects at City and is a regular in Patrick Vieira's Elite Development Squad.

The 19-year-old trained with Manuel Pellegrini's first-team last season on several occasions and he is tipped for a bright future at the Etihad Stadium.

The all-action midfielder has represented Ireland at U17, U19 and U21 level and is expected to make the step up to the senior side in the near future.

City feel a loan move represents the next stage in Byrne's development, so that he can get some valuable first-team experience under his belt.

City enjoy a good relationship with SC Cambuur, with the likes of Albert Rusnak and Sinan Bytyqi enjoying loan spells at the Dutch club over the last 18 months, and Byrne is set to follow in their footsteps.

Byrne is also expected to be handed a new deal by City before making the loan switch to Holland, with City of the opinion that the Irishman could be ready for first-team reckoning at the Etihad Stadium if he does well out on loan.

Thoughts from the usual suspects on whether this would be good for the lad?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:15 am

Ha, timing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

Ah see I struggle to evaluate the dutch league properly. I think creative players kinda have it easy over there with very little pressing/physicality. Maybe it'll just be a more competitive environment for him to grow up in.

Rumours Rekik's off to Marseille too permanently. Can't say im surprised.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am

twosips wrote:Ah see I struggle to evaluate the dutch league properly. I think creative players kinda have it easy over there with very little pressing/physicality. Maybe it'll just be a more competitive environment for him to grow up in.

Rumours Rekik's off to Marseille too permanently. Can't say im surprised.

it didnt do Suarez any harm :-)

It will be good to get him some good 1st team experience
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am

Very true. Just get a little bored of seeing alleged dutch wonderkid playmakers who seem to be right little soft-arses!

Though admittedly there's no worry about Jack Byrne being too passive. He likes a tackle...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:53 am

twosips wrote:Very true. Just get a little bored of seeing alleged dutch wonderkid playmakers who seem to be right little soft-arses!

Though admittedly there's no worry about Jack Byrne being too passive. He likes a tackle...

It will be good for his temperament to play against seasoned pro's, he needs to learn to curb his temper but not too much, I like the fire in his belly
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:57 am

twosips wrote:Very true. Just get a little bored of seeing alleged dutch wonderkid playmakers who seem to be right little soft-arses!

When he played against those enormous Celtic lads though, he kept turning blind, into trouble, & losing the ball, his game went to shit.

I think playing in Holland will be a good middle ground, where he can get used to a higher level, & not end up getting dropped because he's ineffective. Then hopefully he's ready for the next stage.

He might possibly be someone we sell on if he does well there but isn't quite ready for City, but if we do, I imagine we will insert a buy back clause.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

When he played against those enormous Celtic lads though, he kept turning blind, into trouble, & losing the ball, his game went to shit.

I think playing in Holland will be a good middle ground, where he can get used to a higher level, & not end up getting dropped because he's ineffective. Then hopefully he's ready for the next stage.

He might possibly be someone we sell on if he does well there but isn't quite ready for City, but if we do, I imagine we will insert a buy back clause.

With the talent we have in the first team and the talent on in the year group below, relistically he wont make it with us? Or am i reading it wrong?

On a side note read some barca stuff and there is talk of Denis Suarez being broght back into barca A team to replace Xavi with iniesta dropping deeper. Fair play to him, always thought he looked good when i seen him...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:52 am

He might, he might not. It's an uphill struggle for him, but the one thing he's got on his side is the HG status. If he proves himself away then i'm sure they'd love to give him a go.

I'd guess at this second that he might not quite be at city's level and may just fall short, but put it this way - he's got just as much, if not more, natural talent as that Newcastle lad who they were calling the Ginger Pirlo cos he had one half decent game against us. Colback. Time will tell!
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:56 am

twosips wrote:He might, he might not. It's an uphill struggle for him, but the one thing he's got on his side is the HG status. If he proves himself away then i'm sure they'd love to give him a go.

I'd guess at this second that he might not quite be at city's level and may just fall short, but put it this way - he's got just as much, if not more, natural talent as that Newcastle lad who they were calling the Ginger Pirlo cos he had one half decent game against us. Colback. Time will tell!

Don't insult the boy Twosips, he pisses all over Colback for talent.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:57 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

With the talent we have in the first team and the talent on in the year group below, relistically he wont make it with us? Or am i reading it wrong?

On a side note read some barca stuff and there is talk of Denis Suarez being broght back into barca A team to replace Xavi with iniesta dropping deeper. Fair play to him, always thought he looked good when i seen him...

Tbh I'll stop posting on here forever if Denis Suarez permanently replaces Xavi. (COME ON DENIS! THEY SAY)

I'd rather give Jack Byrne the job tomorrow.

I'm not saying Jack Byrne won't make it with City, I'm just wondering if he will get enough games in the next few seasons, with the senior players we have, the players coming through, & the players we are signing. He's only a little lad & a player who ticks the game over, rather than scoring loads & doing spectacular stuff. I'm not convinced David Silva would have got any games in our team at the same age.

We have to look after these lads & do what's best for them. If Jack really excels in Holland then he might get a sniff, but the area he plays in, is going to be full of serious competition. He is reaching the stage where he need to play every week. Loans or even a transfer, with a buyback, might be the best option.

If it was up to me, I'd start playing all of them, regularly, & fuck the short term consequences. But that isn't going to happen.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am

Byrne signed three year deal and is out on loan to SC Cambuur.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby twosips » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Wrote a pretty in depth piece about the players who I think should go out on loan next year, plus an overview of last season's loan moves and the club's approach to loans in general.

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... loans.html

Think a few might find this interesting.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 pm

twosips wrote:Wrote a pretty in depth piece about the players who I think should go out on loan next year, plus an overview of last season's loan moves and the club's approach to loans in general.

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk ... loans.html

Think a few might find this interesting.

Great stuff. Really good summary of the boys. Even though i've only seen snippets on tv, with reading all the reports i feel like i know the players already.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dazby » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Good read mate. Nice one.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:57 pm

That's an excellent read Two-Sips, you're getting very good at this ;-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 am

Yeah it's a really good appraisal.

I really hope some of the kids get a chance with the first team pre season. If a few excel, just keep them & play them. If that upsets whoever, though shit.

The rules for squads in the Prem plus Champions League are based on 25 players plus kids. Even if we sign our targets, we will still have 21 plus kids in the CL squad, as we have no club trained players.

So we are 4 players down on the accepted senior squad allowance for the Champs Lg, which is the number they must have worked out as being 'about right'.

So Denayer, Lopes & two others, if they step up to the mark, could be looked upon as the players we would have used as 'homegrown' & treated as fully qualified squad members for the season, rather than just treating them as part of the kids' group, thus giving us 25.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby littlebig » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
twosips wrote:Hypothetically speaking, is there anything anyone would want to ask someone at the academy if they had a chance to? Think I might be able to interview someone pretty soon for my blog and I wanna be pretty thorough.

When is Mr H going to receive his VIP pass, allowing him to watch the team training sessions again ??

I greatly miss the excellent reports he used to write for this forum.

Bang on the money

+1

The good ol' days. Used to LOVE reading these reports by DH.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum