EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:31 pm

I think there is one at Rhyl which I am hoping to get to and I think it's at the end of July. Just not sure what level/ages to expect but it will be worth a day out i am sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Hoping they might pay a visit to Forest or County
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:42 pm

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/city ... 23-duties/

City to stop Iheanacho from U-23 duties

on June 22, 2015

The national U-23 coach, Samson Siasia early this week, invited some members of the Flying Eagles squad that just returned from the FIFA U-20 World Cup, including Manchester City starlet, Kelechi Iheanacho for the impending Africa U-23 Championship qualifier against Congo next month.

Sports Vanguard has gathered that Iheanacho’s invitation has been given a cold reception by his club, Manchester City owing to the treatment the player received from coach Manu Garba during the team’s campaign in the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

Iheanacho saw only 83 minutes of action, in a tournament the team played four matches. This infuriated the former English Premier League champions.

The club’s scouting and recruitment operations manager Fergal Harkin demanded a technical report from the NFF.

City were also aghast that another youth star, Chidebere Nwakali who was also at the tournament in New Zealand, even got a worse treatment as he was made to warm the bench all through the tournament until the last ten minutes of the second round match against Germany in which the Eagles lost 1- 0.

We gathered that City, who are yet to receive any response from the Nigeria Football Federation on the treatment of Iheanacho and Nwakali are not enthusiastic over the latest invitation of Iheanacho for the Africa U-23 qualifier next month, which is likely to clash with the club’s pre-season tour of Australia for which Iheanacho has been penned down.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Hypothetically speaking, is there anything anyone would want to ask someone at the academy if they had a chance to? Think I might be able to interview someone pretty soon for my blog and I wanna be pretty thorough.
Last edited by twosips on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:31 pm

twosips wrote:Hypothetically speaking, is there anything anyone would want to ask someone at the academy if they had a chance too? Think I might be able to interview someone pretty soon for my blog and I wanna be pretty thorough.

I would like to sort out easy access to academy games as a spectator so please sort that for me.

I would like to know if playing people out of position,like Maffeo at centre back, is just seen as past of their development?

I am sure some of the players have been identified as real potential first team players at City. Not just by fans like us but by the people that count at City. Do they think a loan spell somewhere is essential to bring on the development or could somebody go straight into the squad/team?

Will Wilcox still be managing the academy under 18's side next season? If not who will? What is the team management structure through the age groups?

Who takes the decision on which club a player should be loaned to and what are the key criteria in making such decisions? Can we / do we insist on playing time?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:59 am

I want you to ask to get these young lads names on their shirts please. For someone who doesn't get to see many youth or eds games it's difficult knowing who's who!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:23 am

twosips wrote:Hypothetically speaking, is there anything anyone would want to ask someone at the academy if they had a chance to? Think I might be able to interview someone pretty soon for my blog and I wanna be pretty thorough.

When is Mr H going to receive his VIP pass, allowing him to watch the team training sessions again ??

I greatly miss the excellent reports he used to write for this forum.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby twosips » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:15 am

You're not alone there, MC :)

Cheers all. Keep em coming.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 am

Can you please find out the reason why they allow the full back to drift infield to the Centre Mid position, it drives me absolutely bonkers.

when a player is loaned out, what communication do we receive from the loanee club, do we get a written report on training and match and their attitude and application in general?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:53 am

twosips wrote:Hypothetically speaking, is there anything anyone would want to ask someone at the academy if they had a chance to? Think I might be able to interview someone pretty soon for my blog and I wanna be pretty thorough.

Would they ideally prefer to keep a team of players playing together, & some come through to the first team in a group, so that link ups like Angelino/Barker are not disrupted ?

Baring in mind there are more players starting to come through than a Premier League squad can realistically accomodate, is it likely the club will try to insert buy back clauses for some players we have to release in the future ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:55 am

ruralblue wrote:I want you to ask to get these young lads names on their shirts please. For someone who doesn't get to see many youth or eds games it's difficult knowing who's who!

That's a very good call, Rural. I've found myself thinking the same during games.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:48 pm

How soon, if ever, can we expect to see the plan of reserve/youth teams play in the lower echelons of the Football League come to life. This one thing I think would transform our Academy set up as they will be effectively going on loan but staying within our coaching set up. We can monitor progress much quicker
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

When is Mr H going to receive his VIP pass, allowing him to watch the team training sessions again ??

Bang on the money
nottsblue

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:How soon, if ever, can we expect to see the plan of reserve/youth teams play in the lower echelons of the Football League come to life. This one thing I think would transform our Academy set up as they will be effectively going on loan but staying within our coaching set up. We can monitor progress much quicker

Its a matter of time. I would say 10 yrs max and we will have a B team
Wonderwall

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Who's the longest in the shower?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Oli » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

This or :

What is the global approach being taken by CFG in terms of youth development, is there to be a centre of excellence at the CFA with academy products from other CFG clubs sent here, or will there be similar style investments in the academies of other CFG clubs ?
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Who's the longest in the shower?

MDM used to be until he cut his hair short
nottsblue

Postby freshie » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

ruralblue wrote:I want you to ask to get these young lads names on their shirts please. For someone who doesn't get to see many youth or eds games it's difficult knowing who's who!

Great idea
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:42 am

freshie wrote:

Great idea

there was a ruling in the FA that says this cannot happen. I dont know the exact phrase, but it centres around paedophilia and the fact that wierdo's hanging around parks would know a childs name, therefore it is far safer to just give out numbers and for them not to have their own shirts. I know City is a totally different level, but that is where is stems from, the main players all have first team squad numbers but dont use them at youth level.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:
freshie wrote:

Great idea

there was a ruling in the FA that says this cannot happen. I dont know the exact phrase, but it centres around paedophilia and the fact that wierdo's hanging around parks would know a childs name, therefore it is far safer to just give out numbers and for them not to have their own shirts. I know City is a totally different level, but that is where is stems from, the main players all have first team squad numbers but dont use them at youth level.

I can understand that for the young kids but otherwise it's just stupid. Imagine some cunt in a raincoat trying to molest Angelino when he was underage. He'd kick his fucking bollocks through his head.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum