EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 31, 2015 10:09 am

Bugger. Can't get it to stream on my phone.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 31, 2015 10:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Bugger. Can't get it to stream on my phone.

Just finished 3.2, only 25 minutes each way. Both the Partizan goals came from free kicks but we well deserved the win and it's great to see we have more talent coming through.

The ref was a disgrace , the pitch was a disgrace and opposition were a little physical but we won the cup and deservedly so. Wrong to single out Sancho but I don't know most of the other names. He was quality though. Fodden ( I think) another looked good.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:26 am

Ted wasn't lying - these Nigerian youth teams play some pretty magical football. Properly vibrant attacking stuff. Iheanacho at no.10 too.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 am

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 am

twosips wrote:Ted wasn't lying - these Nigerian youth teams play some pretty magical football. Properly vibrant attacking stuff. Iheanacho at no.10 too.

I believe they got a bit turned over 2nd half, after seeing reports ont net. I think the way they play is open to that but if it could somehow be replicated at senior level with a bit more tightness at the back, it would be something to see.

I hope I'm home in time for their next game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Yeah I only caught the first half which was great. Incredibly open attacking technical football from both teams. Guess Nigeria let it slip in the second half. Iheanacho was a little lost actually in the frenetic pace of it all at times.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:36 pm

What channel are these games on ?
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Joe Nuttall from the Academy signs two year deal with Aberdeen..............

Aberdeen have confirmed the signing of teenage Manchester City striker Joe Nuttall on a two year deal. The 18 year old, a product of the English club's youth academy, is looking forward to playing in Scotland.

"I am very happy to be joining Aberdeen, as it is such an historic club with a fantastic following. I'm really looking forward to what will be an exciting project ahead. I would also like to thank everyone at Manchester City for last couple of years in contributing to my development."

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6325.php?#.VXmz1PnF95c

Doug/Ted/Twosips, any thoughts on this? Obviously the club don't see a future with us?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Big lad who didn't look as tchnically gifted as the top lads but knocked in loads of goals. Then he was badly injured & missed loads of football.

No idea if he's one who could make it as he was about 16 last time I saw him play a few games in a row. But the competition is huge.

Seen recordings on Portugal & also Nigeria in the U20 w.c. Portugal were a bit compacent but Rony was head & shoulders better than everyone else. One other lad, whose name escapes me, was good & scored a beauty, but Rony is looking good.

Nigeria had 3 Premier signed players on the bench, 3 of the stars of yhe U17s, & a couple of, imo future Championship level players up front. Our lad Nwakali came on & looked better than all the others.

Either the coach has left out Kelechi & Spurs lad Yahaya because they are not considered match fit, or he is on a bung/threat from agents to give other players exposure.

Nigeria's U17s from a year ago, would have tucking hammered this U20s team.

Kelechi looked well pissed off & I don't blame him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Strong rumours City are just about to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

I don't think many regular watchers would disagree, that he is one of the best opponents City have faced at kids' level, & can be added straight to our list of top prospects.

This transfer window is going to be a good un.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Well excited by that potential transfer. He steps in alongside Kelechi etc immediately as you said. He's a proper, proper talent and one that can become a star at City too.

Wonder what we'd do with him though? Surely not dump him in the eds...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:32 am

I thought he was a striker but independent says a winger, which is he? What sort of player is he, like can you compare him to anyone?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:35 am

Dubciteh wrote:I thought he was a striker but independent says a winger, which is he? What sort of player is he, like can you compare him to anyone?

He has played up top and wide according to his Bio.... sorry I couldn't help LOL
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:13 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I thought he was a striker but independent says a winger, which is he? What sort of player is he, like can you compare him to anyone?

He has played up top and wide according to his Bio.... sorry I couldn't help LOL

Young Giggs kind of player at one end of the scale or at the other end, Beagrie etc . Beats players for fun & can go either side when doing so.

Can play either left, right or more centrally. I imagine they are very exited about this at the academy level.

Just to add, if they were all staying here next season, I would imagine Roberts right, Ambrose central & Barker left, would be the EDS lineup.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Young Giggs kind of player at one end of the scale or at the other end, Beagrie etc . Beats players for fun & can go either side when doing so.

Can play either left, right or more centrally. I imagine they are very exited about this at the academy level.

Just to add, if they were all staying here next season, I would imagine Roberts right, Ambrose central & Barker left, would be the EDS lineup.

That's how I would see it as well. I am sure he has played wide right when I have seen him play even though he is left footed.Never a center forward though imo but he could play anywhere across the midfield as he is a very talented player.

I somehow doubt City would go for him unless they saw him as past of the squad from the start.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Tbh, the Messi playing style comparison makes a huge load of sense. Obviously not that level, but that's exactly who he dribbles like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REoTPhR5M0M

Hugely exciting talent. As others have said, he'll be one of those inside right forwards most likely.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mike J » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:04 pm

twosips wrote:Tbh, the Messi playing style comparison makes a huge load of sense. Obviously not that level, but that's exactly who he dribbles like.

Hugely exciting talent. As others have said, he'll be one of those inside right forwards most likely.

He looks fucking class.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Mike J wrote:
twosips wrote:Tbh, the Messi playing style comparison makes a huge load of sense. Obviously not that level, but that's exactly who he dribbles like.

He looks fucking class.

He looks very composed, but very 1 footed. Looks an exciting prospect
Wonderwall

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Just as an aside, does anyone know if the EDS have preseason games and if so, where they are? Or do they just start the season?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:Just as an aside, does anyone know if the EDS have preseason games and if so, where they are? Or do they just start the season?

EDS and 1st team have a mixture of players for the pre-season games, not sure about the U18s though and the EDS players that are not involved with the 1st team
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum