EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Wonderwall » Sat May 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Great read fellas. Was at the game too but cant get time to put things down until Tuesday. Thought we were excellent today and gunn didnt have anything to do
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sun May 24, 2015 5:40 am

Wonderwall wrote:Great read fellas. Was at the game too but cant get time to put things down until Tuesday. Thought we were excellent today and gunn didnt have anything to do

Maybe if he did the one thing it would have ended 3-0 instead.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun May 24, 2015 7:22 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Great read fellas. Was at the game too but cant get time to put things down until Tuesday. Thought we were excellent today and gunn didnt have anything to do

Maybe if he did the one thing it would have ended 3-0 instead.

Goal wasnt Gunns fault. It was actually a good goal From jtds best player on the day IMO. He is a tall lad (ashley fletchet) and has a really nice touch. His close control was excellent. However the service he got from his thugs in midfield was poor so he didnt have much influence in the game.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 24, 2015 9:41 am

I take it that Pearson character was kicking lumps out of everybody ? That's his usual m.o. Typical traditional style rag twat if ever there was one.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 am

Yep. Absolute cunt. Unnecessarily time wasting too. At one point only fifteen minutes in we were about to take a free kick in our own half and he just ran over to stationary ball and did a zidane roulette thing on it, essentially kicking it away and then jogged off. Angelino looked at him as if to say "why are you such a twat?"
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 24, 2015 11:05 am

twosips wrote:Yep. Absolute cunt. Unnecessarily time wasting too. At one point only fifteen minutes in we were about to take a free kick in our own half and he just ran over to stationary ball and did a zidane roulette thing on it, essentially kicking it away and then jogged off. Angelino looked at him as if to say "why are you such a twat?"

But he is so good at being a twat.Seems to work on it game after game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun May 24, 2015 11:09 am

I was at the game I thought we played well and 3 good goals
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Sun May 24, 2015 11:22 am

I really enjoyed the game in general. 100% knew they'd go in 1-0 up at half time though after witnessing the first 30 minutes. I don't know how they do it but they're such jammy fuckers. Every game at every level without fail they do it. It's depressing. Fuck em though.

Like Doug I thought Humphreys was fantastic - totally agree too that it was his willing to step out of defence in the second half that actually opened things up for us. He was good at it too, often advancing well into their half and it drew them out. https://vine.co/v/eq6bTvui9FB in fact im pretty certain it was Humphreys actually making this pass to Kelechi, a good example of it. Seriously can't see what Humphreys doesn't have his in his game. He reads the game really already and he's tough and can do the bastard nitty gritty Terry stuff and he can pass it, has a decent turn of pace and he's SIXTEEN. Mental.

Kelechi was quiet in the first half, but then again so were we going forward. He was fucking excellent in the second half. Skilful, confident, bright. He's got it. 100%, and the club knows it. He's gonna be in the squad next year. You can just tell. Pozo sadly was shocking - he's starting to remind me of Denis Suarez sadly. Far too lightweight and just looks lost. I don't even know where he gets into the match day squad for the EDS next year. I'd have Boadu, Celina, Barker, Nemane, Ambrose, Buckley, Byrne, Ntcham, Fernandes etc all ahead of him in the attacking positions. Even Intima brings balance. It's a shame as he looked potentially fantastic but his regression reminds me of what happened to Torres, but obviously at a much younger age. He looks slower, unable to control a ball and just clumsy. All the things he wasn't when he was signed. Who knows, maybe a summer holiday will help him, but its not positive.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks for the excellent reports chaps. Pissed off I couldn't go.

Gutted about Pozo. I'm sure it's the timing of his two injuries which has done for him. I was worried it could happen that way. Maybe he can get it back but it's not looking good.
I was worried about Iheanacho in a lesser but similar way tbh. Not that he'd lost it but whether he'd lost 'something'. Although he didn't get long term injured, a year out from serious competitive football at 17 is a long time & even though he's been quality, & looked like one who would make it, the player I have seen so far has not been the same bloke who I watched in Nigeria's U17s. Until I saw the two goals from yesterday. THAT'S the bloke I watched! I've said it before but this kid at 100% is basically Pele at 18 imo. If he can reproduce it at senior level, we have our superstar. People have likened him to Sturridge but there is no comparison from what I've seen.

That turn where he left Thorpe so fucking far for dead that he needed Baldrick and his Time Team to dig him up, then flicked it through the other turd & passed it into the corner of the net; that's Pele. That's not raw pace like Owen had or body power like Rooney had, it's just genius.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun May 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Thanks for the excellent reports chaps. Pissed off I couldn't go.

Gutted about Pozo. I'm sure it's the timing of his two injuries which has done for him. I was worried it could happen that way. Maybe he can get it back but it's not looking good.
I was worried about Iheanacho in a lesser but similar way tbh. Not that he'd lost it but whether he'd lost 'something'. Although he didn't get long term injured, a year out from serious competitive football at 17 is a long time & even though he's been quality, & looked like one who would make it, the player I have seen so far has not been the same bloke who I watched in Nigeria's U17s. Until I saw the two goals from yesterday. THAT'S the bloke I watched! I've said it before but this kid at 100% is basically Pele at 18 imo. If he can reproduce it at senior level, we have our superstar. People have likened him to Sturridge but there is no comparison from what I've seen.

That turn where he left Thorpe so fucking far for dead that he needed Baldrick and his Time Team to dig him up, then flicked it through the other turd & passed it into the corner of the net; that's Pele. That's not raw pace like Owen had or body power like Rooney had, it's just genius.

Linky for those who haven't seen it.

https://gfycat.com/HelpfulScarceFlyingfish
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun May 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Fantastic. Thanks Slim
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Fantastic. Thanks Slim

Many thanks indeed, Slim. That is a tremendous goal.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Two great goals by Nacho. I know he's young but I really do hope he is given a shot in the first team next year. I'm looking forward to him developing into a world class player before our eyes over the next couple of seasons.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun May 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Ian Nachos first goal was pure class. Such a lovely turn. I hope he males the step up
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MaineRoadblue » Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Would love to see Denayer, Kelechi, Barker, Tasende and Maffeo all be in and around first team squad next season. Particularly Denayer and kelechi who look like serious gems.

Also think Gunn could be a future England international, looks exceptional with the ball at his feel for a such a big lad.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby twosips » Sun May 24, 2015 10:35 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:Would love to see Denayer, Kelechi, Barker, Tasende and Maffeo all be in and around first team squad next season. Particularly Denayer and kelechi who look like serious gems.

Also think Gunn could be a future England international, looks exceptional with the ball at his feel for a such a big lad.

Agree that all of them should be in and around it. Personally, I think Maffeo, Denayer, Lopes and Kelechi should be proper first team squad members and then Angelino, Barker, Bryan and Ambrose all getting the odd cup appearance.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadblue » Sun May 24, 2015 10:50 pm

twosips wrote:
MaineRoadblue wrote:Would love to see Denayer, Kelechi, Barker, Tasende and Maffeo all be in and around first team squad next season. Particularly Denayer and kelechi who look like serious gems.

Agree that all of them should be in and around it. Personally, I think Maffeo, Denayer, Lopes and Kelechi should be proper first team squad members and then Angelino, Barker, Bryan and Ambrose all getting the odd cup appearance.

I have serious doubts about Pellegrini and his attitude to youth players, today for example to have no young players on the bench for such a low pressure game was disappointing. Mancini was a joke with the reserve sides ( playing his son and some favoured Italians over better players for example) but he did at the very least start the likes of Razak and Rekik in the early cup rounds. So I really hope we do some young players being pushed through next season.

I could honestly see Denayer holding down a first team place next season if he plays well in pre season. Remember watching him for the first time last season when the EDS lost to liverpool and you could instantly tell this guy is brilliant. Kelechi is the same and should be a good impact player and cup player.

Not seen much of lopes at lille so cant comment. Im sure he will get pre season to impress but a loan to a prem club might be the best option. The others if not loaned out should definitely be seeing starts in the cup games and being on the bench for league games.

Also what are your thoughts on Byrne. Thought he looked brilliant in the youth CL, lots of similarities to Scholes but it seems hes been left out of the pre-season tour to US.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Slim » Sun May 24, 2015 11:38 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:
twosips wrote:

I have serious doubts about Pellegrini and his attitude to youth players, today for example to have no young players on the bench for such a low pressure game was disappointing. Mancini was a joke with the reserve sides ( playing his son and some favoured Italians over better players for example) but he did at the very least start the likes of Razak and Rekik in the early cup rounds. So I really hope we do some young players being pushed through next season.

I could honestly see Denayer holding down a first team place next season if he plays well in pre season. Remember watching him for the first time last season when the EDS lost to liverpool and you could instantly tell this guy is brilliant. Kelechi is the same and should be a good impact player and cup player.

Not seen much of lopes at lille so cant comment. Im sure he will get pre season to impress but a loan to a prem club might be the best option. The others if not loaned out should definitely be seeing starts in the cup games and being on the bench for league games.

Also what are your thoughts on Byrne. Thought he looked brilliant in the youth CL, lots of similarities to Scholes but it seems hes been left out of the pre-season tour to US.

I thought he was going out on loan next season, that might be why.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 25, 2015 6:41 am

Byrne has been hugely disappointing for me.

He's had some brilliant moments, but he used to always know what was behind him & around him when receiving the ball. The number of times I've seen him, this season, turn blind & lose the ball or not turn when he could have done, just knock a pass back to the keeper, or not even move quick enough to get himself on the ball in the first place; he was much sharper than this imo. He always seemed to have eyes in the back of his head, like a Barca midfielder.

The talent is there. If he wants to make it at City, the awareness & concentration need to be much more.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 25, 2015 9:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Byrne has been hugely disappointing for me.

He's had some brilliant moments, but he used to always know what was behind him & around him when receiving the ball. The number of times I've seen him, this season, turn blind & lose the ball or not turn when he could have done, just knock a pass back to the keeper, or not even move quick enough to get himself on the ball in the first place; he was much sharper than this imo. He always seemed to have eyes in the back of his head, like a Barca midfielder.

The talent is there. If he wants to make it at City, the awareness & concentration need to be much more.

I like Byrne too, however he was very poor at the weekend and was lucky to have Glendon next to him as cover. Glendon was excellent, best game i have seen from Him.
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum