EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 21, 2016 9:36 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Couldn't have chosen a better lad. City fan too. He has been excellent this season.

Jacob has been under the radar as far as i am concerned until this season where he has really stepped up. Playing in the deep midfield role he seems to read the game very well and has a great knack of dropping into deep defensive positions to cover dangerous situations.Time after time he makes interceptions and clearances when needed most.

As a midfield player he is quick and aggressive to see opportunties to win balls and break up play and while mostly he uses short passes to get us going forward he does see longer balls as well especially to wide players. Always available in the middle of the park when needed by a teammate.

He would have got my vote as player of the season as well and with all the exceptional talent around him that says a lot.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Sat May 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Brahim scores the equaliser for Spain against Portugal in the Euro Under 17 final.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Sat May 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Brahim's clever headed goal for Spain.

https://twitter.com/city_watch/status/7 ... 2023264256
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm

blues2win wrote:Brahim's clever headed goal for Spain.

https://twitter.com/city_watch/status/7 ... 2023264256

Well taken. Has he done anything else of note?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sat May 21, 2016 5:07 pm

I think he scored the winner in the semi final against Germany.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 21, 2016 5:09 pm

blues2win wrote:I think he scored the winner in the semi final against Germany.

Great stuff
nottsblue

Postby steelsnail » Wed May 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Angus Gunn in goal for England u21now on BT sport 2.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:49 am

Celina played for Kosovo in their first ever game last night in a 2-0 win over the Faroe Islands. Unfortunatly he was sent off after half an hour. Sounded very harsh though
nottsblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Word out is that pep Guardiola personally contacted Yaw Yeboah and told him he is in his plans and wants him back from Lille next season.
Any of our Academy experts heard anything or kow anything about him, other than he was player of the tournament at the U18's African Nations last year or the year beforeand he's Ghanain.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Why would Guardiola contact him before he'd started working for City? Doesn't make sense to me, sounds more like someone making something up.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:Why would Guardiola contact him before he'd started working for City? Doesn't make sense to me, sounds more like someone making something up.

Doesn't sound probable to me either, but what can you trust nowadays online.

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/742812359983562752/photo/1

I don't do twitter. I suppose this could be from anyone. Doesn't mean that the quotes from the guy are verified, does it.

Anyone know much about him.(Yeboah)
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Not a player I have ever seen play but by all accounts he is a talented attacking player. As for Pep personally getting in touch I would think that is garbage personally. It wouldn't surprise me though if Pep has given some sort of general message to club about keeping quality kids around so he can have a close up look at them and make his decisions based on what he sees.

Cant see him being better than Brahim though !
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a player I have ever seen play but by all accounts he is a talented attacking player. As for Pep personally getting in touch I would think that is garbage personally. It wouldn't surprise me though if Pep has given some sort of general message to club about keeping quality kids around so he can have a close up look at them and make his decisions based on what he sees.

You mentioned before that you had heard a rumour that Brahim would be going on the pre season tour. Have you heard any more about that?

Would anyone know what's up with Angelino? Is he going to be given a chance this season or is he going to be loaned out again?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a player I have ever seen play but by all accounts he is a talented attacking player. As for Pep personally getting in touch I would think that is garbage personally. It wouldn't surprise me though if Pep has given some sort of general message to club about keeping quality kids around so he can have a close up look at them and make his decisions based on what he sees.

You mentioned before that you had heard a rumour that Brahim would be going on the pre season tour. Have you heard any more about that?

Would anyone know what's up with Angelino? Is he going to be given a chance this season or is he going to be loaned out again?

Not sure I said anything about a rumour but simply that I would hope and even expect Brahm would be involved pre season. That's because he is special and good enough even tho very young.

Angelino is just another one of our very talented young stars who Pep will be having a close look at.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Not sure I said anything about a rumour but simply that I would hope and even expect Brahm would be involved pre season. That's because he is special and good enough even tho very young.

Angelino is just another one of our very talented young stars who Pep will be having a close look at.

Cheers.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:56 am

Looking forward to seeing how pep views our younger lads. When paddyv went over to Munich to see pep, it must have been to do with the academy surely.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:16 am

Seko Fofana has gone to Udinese for £2.5m. Hope there is also a sell on clause or buy back clause included
nottsblue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 am

nottsblue wrote:Seko Fofana has gone to Udinese for £2.5m. Hope there is also a sell on clause or buy back clause included

Apparently not.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:58 pm

Rumor has it on this side of the pond that jack Byrne is going on loan to Blackburn...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Couldn't have chosen a better lad. City fan too. He has been excellent this season.

Jacob has been under the radar as far as i am concerned until this season where he has really stepped up. Playing in the deep midfield role he seems to read the game very well and has a great knack of dropping into deep defensive positions to cover dangerous situations.Time after time he makes interceptions and clearances when needed most.

As a midfield player he is quick and aggressive to see opportunties to win balls and break up play and while mostly he uses short passes to get us going forward he does see longer balls as well especially to wide players. Always available in the middle of the park when needed by a teammate.

He would have got my vote as player of the season as well and with all the exceptional talent around him that says a lot.

In Doug I trust!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum