EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
dazby wrote:Noticed any differences in the post Vieira era Doug and colleagues?

I think Davies has only looked after one game pre Xmas so nothing as yet but the EDS play Everton tomorrow which should be a very interesting games. Not least to see what our team is!

its the FA Youth cup on thursday too, so he may have that in mind with his selection
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:

I think Davies has only looked after one game pre Xmas so nothing as yet but the EDS play Everton tomorrow which should be a very interesting games. Not least to see what our team is!

its the FA Youth cup on thursday too, so he may have that in mind with his selection

Different age groups obviously but I am sure it will mean none of the under 18's are likely to play tonight. Maybe we will see Angelino,Maffeo as full backs and Barker and Roberts playing wide. Maybe struggling at center back ( if Humphreys and Tosin don't play) so it maybe Smith-Brown and Plummer
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Different age groups obviously but I am sure it will mean none of the under 18's are likely to play tonight. Maybe we will see Angelino,Maffeo as full backs and Barker and Roberts playing wide. Maybe struggling at center back ( if Humphreys and Tosin don't play) so it maybe Smith-Brown and Plummer

How long is Bryan out for, any idea?
Wonderwall

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 pm

twosips wrote:Here's part two.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/01/03/cit ... rt-part-2/

Denayer, Barker, Fofana, Lawlor, Angelino, Facey and Unal.

Finally read these. Thank you twosips, always a good read your reports
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:09 pm

How did it go v Everton the other night does anyone know?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:How did it go v Everton the other night does anyone know?

Yup, I wasted a trip over the tops from Halifax. Really poor and lost one nil. Angelino was back but not much else to report.

Celina missed a golden chance to equalise in the last 5 minutes or so but hit the post.

The main event tomorrow better be an improvement!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

Yup, I wasted a trip over the tops from Halifax. Really poor and lost one nil. Angelino was back but not much else to report.

Celina missed a golden chance to equalise in the last 5 minutes or so but hit the post.

Cheers pal. Do you get to many of these games?
nottsblue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

Poor overall performance by the team last night against a strong but not very good Everton. Still not sure how their goal went in as the guy miskicked it and Gunn didn't move so maybe a deflection. Angelino back and lively as ever but Barker on his return stuggled to make any impact until the last 3rd of the game where he wriggled through a couple of times.

I just felt we lacked pace in the play and made it easy for Everton. Celina is a clever tidy player but somehow doesn't threaten enough. Faupala as a 9 was easy to handle and as he can't run behind the defence it limits our options. That meant our wingers had to make things happen or we play quick interpassing and get runners through.Neither happened.

It wasn't a lack of effort but you need more than that to break down well organised teams. Near the end Buckley did brilliantly to get to the line and pick out Celina but he hit the post with only a defender on the line and then Barker also got to the byline and found Celina but his left footed attempt got blocked.

3 games now v Everton. Lost the first leg at Goodison, beat them 1 nil with the 18's and now lost to the 21's. 2 wins now essential to make it 3.2 in wins
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Not as many as I would like but that's more down to distance and cost than desire. Been to half a dozen this season. One thing that would help is more information from City which I find sketchy at best.
I'd love to watch the Under 18s more but when they don't play in the Academy Stadium I have no idea how I get in to watch. Clearly there is a way as we've seen with the great reports in this thread but I've tried asking City and got nowhere.
I will say last night was particularly cold and miserable which certainly had an effect on the game, still not a good performance though.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:59 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Not as many as I would like but that's more down to distance and cost than desire. Been to half a dozen this season. One thing that would help is more information from City which I find sketchy at best.
I'd love to watch the Under 18s more but when they don't play in the Academy Stadium I have no idea how I get in to watch. Clearly there is a way as we've seen with the great reports in this thread but I've tried asking City and got nowhere.
I will say last night was particularly cold and miserable which certainly had an effect on the game, still not a good performance though.

Yes, that's been discussed before about the poor information coming out of the club. A real shame because I think if the powers that be organised it better I'm sure a lot more fans would go to the games. That has to give the young lads a real boost
nottsblue

Postby edgeley blue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 pm

What's happened to Brandon Barker this season? Last season he was full of confidence and endeavour, this season he looks lethargic and a bit down. I do hope it's just one of those things that all players go through and not that he's reached a plateau.

Doug, Twosips and the others that go all the time, what do you think?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:08 pm

edgeley blue wrote:What's happened to Brandon Barker this season? Last season he was full of confidence and endeavour, this season he looks lethargic and a bit down. I do hope it's just one of those things that all players go through and not that he's reached a plateau.

Doug, Twosips and the others that go all the time, what do you think?

From the outside looking in as it were, maybe the loan at Rotherham knocked his confidence a bit. Wingers tend to be confidence players who need a fatherly arm around them every now and again.
nottsblue

FA Youth Cup - Leeds United vs Man City on Live Sports FM

Postby Live Sports FM » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 pm

For those who can't get to the match, we've live online radio commentary of Leeds United vs Manchester City in the FA Youth Cup from 6.45pm on Thursday 14th January on www.livesportsfm.co.uk & www.mixlr.com/live-sports-fm

You can tweet us @LiveSportsFM
Live Sports FM
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Football
My favourite player is: Gazza

Re: FA Youth Cup - Leeds United vs Man City on Live Sports F

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Live Sports FM wrote:For those who can't get to the match, we've live online radio commentary of Leeds United vs Manchester City in the FA Youth Cup from 6.45pm on Thursday 14th January on http://www.livesportsfm.co.uk & http://www.mixlr.com/live-sports-fm

And yet again if City told us how we could get tickets there may be more of us there!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:40 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Live Sports FM wrote:For those who can't get to the match, we've live online radio commentary of Leeds United vs Manchester City in the FA Youth Cup from 6.45pm on Thursday 14th January on http://www.livesportsfm.co.uk & http://www.mixlr.com/live-sports-fm

And yet again if City told us how we could get tickets there may be more of us there!

Just turn up and pay on the gate is what I saw on Twitter . Just £3.That's what I am doing but will double check tomorrow.

Re the under 18's games on a Saturday morning all you need to do is turn up at the gate , ask to get in and show some identification and you get in. many have tried e mailing the club for info about this and seemingly get no response.It is as if they don't want you there but I see the same faces every match and although they change the "rules" for getting in from time to time it really is as simple as just turn up.

Re Barker I did feel like it was a bit of a confidence thing as he started the game poorly. But the more the game went on , plus maybe some words from Davies to lift him at half time, he got better and took the full back on more with some reward. Hopefully we will see the real Barker soon.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:17 am

Thanks for the info Doug.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:41 pm

Mattel signs a three year extension deal and goes on loan to Girona for rest of the season. Let's hope he gets some minutes there.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Auto correct! Meant Maffeo!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 pm

blues2win wrote:Auto correct! Meant Maffeo!

interesting that. Hopefully get some game time there
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:40 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

Just turn up and pay on the gate is what I saw on Twitter . Just £3.That's what I am doing but will double check tomorrow.

Re the under 18's games on a Saturday morning all you need to do is turn up at the gate , ask to get in and show some identification and you get in. many have tried e mailing the club for info about this and seemingly get no response.It is as if they don't want you there but I see the same faces every match and although they change the "rules" for getting in from time to time it really is as simple as just turn up.

Re Barker I did feel like it was a bit of a confidence thing as he started the game poorly. But the more the game went on , plus maybe some words from Davies to lift him at half time, he got better and took the full back on more with some reward. Hopefully we will see the real Barker soon.

My lad is at Leeds uni and is going to this with a few uni city fans. So there will be at least a dozen blues :-)
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum