EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Bluedj » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:49 pm

3-0
Barker, 2 assists and a goal
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Mike J » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 am

I understand Barker was fantastic. Would love to see him given a chance. He's clearly a very talented lad.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Mike J wrote:I understand Barker was fantastic. Would love to see him given a chance. He's clearly a very talented lad.

Nice to see barkr back on form, he has had a lull, mind you he played a lot of games last season
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Well he couldn't be any worse than Sterling!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bluedj » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Mike J wrote:I understand Barker was fantastic. Would love to see him given a chance. He's clearly a very talented lad.

Barker looked good, but Alix Garcia looked master-class. I've never seen anyone of his age stoke the ball around so accurately and mainly one touch. His vision, weight of pass and accuracy was outstanding and all this while never looking under pressure even when he had two or three L'pool players around him. AWESOME, that's all I can say. It won't be long before this boy is in the starting line-up
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Bluedj wrote:

Barker looked good, but Alix Garcia looked master-class. I've never seen anyone of his age stoke the ball around so accurately and mainly one touch. His vision, weight of pass and accuracy was outstanding and all this while never looking under pressure even when he had two or three L'pool players around him. AWESOME, that's all I can say. It won't be long before this boy is in the starting line-up

I culdnt believe he made the bench for the 1st team, he does look a very exciting prospect. Very similar to Manu who I had ahead of him last season TBH.
Wonderwall

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Bluedj wrote:

My brother, a Liverpool fan, was asking me yesterday about Garcia, he was saying that Liverpool fans at the game yesterday were blown away by how good he was.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Bluedj wrote:

I culdnt believe he made the bench for the 1st team, he does look a very exciting prospect. Very similar to Manu who I had ahead of him last season TBH.

How did Manu do? Wasn't the game yesterday his first after his injury?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Bluedj wrote:

My brother, a Liverpool fan, was asking me yesterday about Garcia, he was saying that Liverpool fans at the game yesterday were blown away by how good he was.

here is the Liverpool forum thread on the game http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/3 ... v-Man-City

Some good level headed posts, some typical head in the sand opinions and some typical cliches about not promoting youth, however, they mentioned 2 of our lads and its no surprise they were impressed with barker and Garcia.

here is the RAWK one, scroll down, about 20 posts on the game and Barker and Garcia both mentioned http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 4689.87440

Highlights and goals are now on the OS
Wonderwall

Postby Bluedj » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Bluedj wrote:

How did Manu do? Wasn't the game yesterday his first after his injury?

He was ok, linked up well, but very much over shadowed by both Aleix and Brandon
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 pm

I see Utd EDS team beat Norwich 7-0. With januzaj, depay, mcnair, Romeo, Jones and Keane is also 23. That's youth development right there
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:12 am

Just so everyone knows. The mini derby is live in BT sport with an 8pm kick off this Thursday. It's also live on MUTV for anyone who may have that channel as a freebie with their satellite package.

On another note. It's the return mini derby fixture on Sat 20th at the minihad. However, I expect a very young eds team to play in that, as pellers has indicated the kids will be part of the squad for the game at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 21st.
Wonderwall

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I see Utd EDS team beat Norwich 7-0. With januzaj, depay, mcnair, Romeo, Jones and Keane is also 23. That's youth development right there

I saw a post on Facebook by them where they referred to the team as "the under 21's" cheeky bastards!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Should be a good game tonight, live on BT sports against the swampers
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Should be a good game tonight, live on BT sports against the swampers

Has it's own thread Dick. Myself an WW on it now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:55 pm

City U18s are just a win away from securing the Barclays U18 Premier League North Division title after beating Newcastle United on Saturday.

Goals from Isaac Buckley and Brahim Diaz sealed a 2-0 win at the Newcastle United Academy, leaving Jason Wilcox's side just three points away from the title.

The young Blues started on top and dominated possession in the early stages before taking the lead in the 12th minute.

Marcus Wood played in Buckley, who showed great control and footwork to jinx his way past two covering defenders and then slot the ball beyond the dive of Ben Smith for 1-0.

Will Patching nearly added a second shortly after as he saw his shot go narrowly wide before Smith produced a good save to palm away his free kick.

Newcastle looked for a way back into the game as the first half came to a close. Mackenzie Heaney tried his luck from a free kick on the edge of the area, but Kjetil Haug was aware to the danger and tipped it around the post.

City continued to dominate the possession and had one more chance before the half time whistle when Demeaco Duhaney's angled drive was pushed away from danger by Smith.

Jason Wilcox made his first substitution shortly after time as he introduced Brahim into the game, replacing goalscorer Buckley, but it was one of the starting eleven who had City's next chance.

Aaron Nemane played in Lukas Nmecha, who created room for himself before dragging his shot narrowly past the post.

The 17-year old was a constant threat to the Newcastle defence all game and came close again in the 78th minute as his goal-bound shot was blocked for a corner, which came to nothing.

The young Blues’ pressure paid off late on as Brahim secured the three points with the last kick of the game. The 16-year old showed great footwork to lose his marker before burying the ball in the bottom corner to seal the result.

City U18s are next in action on Wednesday 17 February when they travel to Manchester United, 1pm kick off at Carrington, knowing that three points will secure the Barclays U18 Premier League North Division title.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Be nice to win the title against rags
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Great news on the kids.

Shame lawlor had a mare today letting in 6
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Great news on the kids.

Shame lawlor had a mare today letting in 6

Normal service resumed for Ian last night with another clean sheet.

How the hell City didn't just batter the scum this afternoon in the 18's game I will never know. 5 or 6 nil wouldn't be an unfair score based on chances and domination but it ends 1 nil.

We should still win the league but stranger things have happened and Everton only need to beat Newcastle by 8! Apparently they did exactly that a few weeks ago!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:21 pm

We won 1-0 or lost?

Also, U21 derby at the etihad on Saturday. Going to that, but not got high hopes of winning tbh
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum