EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:looks like tonights game is a sell out as tickets are no longer on sale.
Should be a good atmosphere for the lads.

Still on sale WW.

Supporters services tweet:

Tickets for tonight's FA Youth Cup against Chelsea still available. Please contact Supporter Services to purchase 0161 444 1894
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:39 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:looks like tonights game is a sell out as tickets are no longer on sale.

Still on sale WW.

Tickets for tonight's FA Youth Cup against Chelsea still available. Please contact Supporter Services to purchase 0161 444 1894

They must have taken them offline as you cant access them on the ticket site anymore
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Still on sale WW.

They must have taken them offline as you cant access them on the ticket site anymore

Don't suppose there's any chance that I might find this match on TV anywhere?
Spurs-Chelsea was televised.
I'd imagine I'll have to wait for the highlights on the OS.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:46 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Still on sale WW.

ITV4 is showing the game
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Still on sale WW.

ITV4 is showing the game

Excellent.....looking forward to this.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 pm

itv4 730
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Standing room only!!! Only a few tickets left folks, its going to be a full house

https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-new ... pdate-5123
Wonderwall

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm looking forward to this game. There was a really supportive piece online somewhere that I read yesterday, saying we could choose a first eleven from greater Manchester if we wanted (or very nearly) - and basically saying Dyke's 'depressing' comments about City were shortsighted.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Dameerto wrote:I'm looking forward to this game. There was a really supportive piece online somewhere that I read yesterday, saying we could choose a first eleven from greater Manchester if we wanted (or very nearly) - and basically saying Dyke's 'depressing' comments about City were shortsighted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:03 pm

That's the one, cheers.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Looking forward to it, not least as it's my first chance to see the new CFA. Hopefully there will be a few of these who make the first team as well or at least go on to decent careers.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby twosips » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Psyched for this. Just a shame that we are effectively missing this team's Aguero and Yaya (from a couple of years ago ha) in Ambrose and Boadu. Big loss. Obviously not the same players but similarly important proportionately speaking.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Bonus - Uwe will be in the ITV studio for the game.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:15 pm

seriously weakened side for the EDS/West Ham match today:

Gunn, Drury, Oliver, Smith-Brown, Horsfield, Holland, Intima, Ntcham, Pozo, Glendon (c), Dilrosun

subs: O'Brien, Tattum, Bullock, Fernandes, Nuttall
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:24 pm

It's on West Ham tv or something I believe. Haven't got the link & can't be arsed sorting the link on the phone anyway.

But apparently it's on at 7 if anyone wants to look around for it.

Very very patched up side that.

Just noticed Joe Nuttal on the bench. Thought he'd gone. Prolific striker in the younger age groups but then was out for ages injured. Was a big lad compared to the others at that time. Nice to see him back playing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It's on West Ham tv or something I believe. Haven't got the link & can't be arsed sorting the link on the phone anyway.

But apparently it's on at 7 if anyone wants to look around for it.

Very very patched up side that.

Just noticed Joe Nuttal on the bench. Thought he'd gone. Prolific striker in the younger age groups but then was out for ages injured. Was a big lad compared to the others at that time. Nice to see him back playing.

Watching it on WHU TV.Seems to me it's a footballing side against a team with as many men as possible behind the ball and then get it forward as quick as possible.They scored when our left back (Horsfield) failed to stop a cross being chipped over and then a defender up against Oliver was a non contest just a few yards out.

We have had tons of the ball but our only threat seems to be Intima down the right side with a bit of help from Drury. Nothing at all from Dilrosun. Ntcham maybe could threaten, Pozo getting on the ball a bit but really only when he comes deep and a few good situations messed up with overhitting a through ball.

So some decent stuff but I have the feeling we won't be scoring tonight ( hopefully famous last words)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:07 pm

I watched the 2nd half & even though it's very much the dregs in that team, they have lost 1-2 to a side they should really have beaten by 4 or 5.

Out of the players on show tonight, I think only a couple of the youngest ones plus Ntcham, Pozo & Gunn have any chance of getting in at City. Intima just isn't smart enough. Glendon almost is but not quite. Charlie Oliver is a cracking footballer for a defender, but a terrible defender. Drury, Horsefield, Holland, Nuttall have missed the boat I think.

Pozo seems to have the footballing yips. The free kick he almost scored from, would have beaten any keeper in the world if it was a couple of feet in, but he made some fucking awful attempts from free play. But this was stuff he could do when he was 15, so I'm not giving up on him. There are flashes of the real Pozo coming back, especially when a striker was brought on.

Ntcham is a weird one. Ranges from looking like Joey Barton's shit brother to instant first team material every 30 secs. Don't know what to make of him at all.

It's a shame that these kind of games will cost us the title; when players have had to miss out due to Europe or the Youth Cup.

West Ham were just bus parking & the Moose is the most clueless fat wanker in the whole of football media coverage; & that's quite something when you consider the competition.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Just thought I'd mention that the recent tournament win by the U13s, beating Benfica in the final, means we won at 13s 14s & 15s level. When you then consider the u18s in the Youth Cup final, the U19s getting to the quarters of the European tournament, the U21s still in the Premier League international Cup.

When various people try to be smart, doing the club down by using the word 'holistic' this is where they should actually use it. As all the teams play in the fashion some would have us change. And it's only just in it's first few years.

Player of the tournament was one Tommy Doyle (grandson of the great man) & the team also contained a certain Harvey Neville. Nephew of Lurch, son of Igor.

Holistic.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:02 am

The under 13s had a tiny goalkeeper and one giant of an outfield player if the team photo is anything to go by.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 am

blues2win wrote:The under 13s had a tiny goalkeeper and one giant of an outfield player if the team photo is anything to go by.

ah here, that bloke is bigger than the manager, not a chance in hell he is under 13!!!! I dont care what anyone says!

pic is here

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... on-9146983
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum