EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Mike J » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Any of these lads ready for the 1st team. id love to see some given a shot. just minutes of the bench even!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Thanks for the match report, Twosips.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Mike J wrote:Any of these lads ready for the 1st team. id love to see some given a shot. just minutes of the bench even!

Any of them could come in and not embarrass themselves but i wouldn't see them as a solution cos that they're not. Fortunately they are still young, as they're playing for the u18s still so time is on their side and they'll all get bigger too.

We should definitely be blooding some of them though - 100% certain that at least half of this team have the potential to be £20m+ players.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 pm

twosips wrote:No, it definitely wouldn't. We haven't got any players for the wide positions or the desire/legs either it'd seem.

I'd just love it if this team grew together. That front six there really is definitely good. It can happen - we could be onto a Barcelona style thing here.

Where were you sat by the way? Some very knowledgeable blokes sat behind me chatting away about all the players.

I was sat about halfway up just below & to the right, looking at the pitch, of the centre, reserved/ illuminati block. Just low enough to make sure that the hail/snow/rain landed on me uninhibited by any effort made by the roof. Mercifully on the opposite side of the thingy, to the Crewe fans, who seemed to be basically scousers in the way they viewed the proceedings. Clueless whinging twerps

Re 'any ready for the first team' no, imo. Because they would have needed to get a few minutes earlier in the season. Too late now unless we are dead & buried re title but confirmed runners up with a game or two to go.

If we have a 'nothing to play for' end to the season, & don't use a few, then it's really shit. But then again, if we are in the kids' Champions Lg final & the FA Youth Cup final, maybe those could become more important than an end of season stroll for the first team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:No, it definitely wouldn't. We haven't got any players for the wide positions or the desire/legs either it'd seem.

I'd just love it if this team grew together. That front six there really is definitely good. It can happen - we could be onto a Barcelona style thing here.

Where were you sat by the way? Some very knowledgeable blokes sat behind me chatting away about all the players.

I was sat about halfway up just below & to the right, looking at the pitch, of the centre, reserved/ illuminati block. Just low enough to make sure that the hail/snow/rain landed on me uninhibited by any effort made by the roof. Mercifully on the opposite side of the thingy, to the Crewe fans, who seemed to be basically scousers in the way they viewed the proceedings. Clueless whinging twerps

Re 'any ready for the first team' no, imo. Because they would have needed to get a few minutes earlier in the season. Too late now unless we are dead & buried re title but confirmed runners up with a game or two to go.

If we have a 'nothing to play for' end to the season, & don't use a few, then it's really shit. But then again, if we are in the kids' Champions Lg final & the FA Youth Cup final, maybe those could become more important than an end of season stroll for the first team.

I think you must have been sat very close to me Ted! I am not sure I would go OTT about that performance as I felt Crewe were poor on the night. Having said that after a few minutes I thought it was going to be a cracking game as it seemed Crewe could play a bit but more so that we could definitely get at them. Crewe scoring might well have been good for us as it guaranteed our concentration.

That first goal was a gem.The way Barker and Angelino work together is quality.Angelino took the very close pass from Barker brilliantly in his stride,flew down the wing and his a perfect early cross low along the 6 yard box. There was an element of disappointment as Ambrose just missed it but Nemane coming in at the back post didn't.

We were good and the attacking threat was from at at least 6 players and it was all about movement ,trickery and pace.A thoroughly enjoyable evening.One of the most notable things for me was the difference between Ambrose and Pozo. Pozo tends to be asked to play number 9 in the older age groups with Ambrose on the right wing. Good for experience maybe but Ambrose is miles better as a number 9. Balls played into Pozo just don't stick whereas with Ambrose he was making something of it nearly every time and even in the air where he was giving away at least 6 inches.

The question about are any of them ready remains difficult. In reality as Ted says the answer could be no , not quite.But then you think is Barker going to give us much less than say Navas? Actually Barker is a more talented footballer and good with both feet and just lacks experience and I have said before wouldn't be as good without the ball. But his work ethic is getting better and as was said tonight he gets back quite well.

No doubt at all that Ambrose would have done better than Pozo when he got a few chances.Would Angelino be worse than our current left back options? Not by much if at all imo. What about Celina for Nasri? They must be given chances even if only short cameos off the bench and as Ted said if we have a dead game or two at the tail end give them a go.

That team tonight is a pleasure to watch and 8 of them don't usually play under 18's as they are mainstays of the 21's and 19's teams. Some of them will make it at City level.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 am

Were you sat with a bloke/near a bloke with long blonde(ish) hair? I was near there. The Crewe fans were fucking annoying weren't they? Moaning bunch.

I really really want the kids to win one of these competitions for the simple reason that it makes it almost impossible for the club to ignore them next season. They shouldn't anyway, but if there's a groundswell of support from the public in favour of them then it almost makes it easier for the club to do it - and that will come if they're so successful that even your average City fan knows about their successes.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 am

twosips wrote:Were you sat with a bloke/near a bloke with long blonde(ish) hair? I was near there. The Crewe fans were fucking annoying weren't they? Moaning bunch.

I really really want the kids to win one of these competitions for the simple reason that it makes it almost impossible for the club to ignore them next season. They shouldn't anyway, but if there's a groundswell of support from the public in favour of them then it almost makes it easier for the club to do it - and that will come if they're so successful that even your average City fan knows about their successes.

I was on the row behind the long blonde haired guy and just to the right of the guy with the long beard. It wasn't you that got me a team sheet was it? I liked the fact there was a decent noisy Crewe support there even if they didn't have much of a clue.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:49 am

I was sat right there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 am

I was the lad in his twenties that turned around to that group, Ted, and told them it was Intima they were talking about, after overhearing them talking about a portugese winger who they couldn't remember the name of. Ha. Wearing a big grey coat with fur around the hood. Mop head hair and shit glasses that i'd nicked from my sister cos my eyesights failing miserably!

I think i was sat a few rows in front of you Doug and probably more or less right in front of you,Ted.. I was on the aisle seats with my old man about 5 rows up. Was late and that weather was grim at first so just ran to the first seats i saw in a decent location.

I did enjoy the Crewe fans too - their presence made it feel like more of a game definitely.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 am

twosips wrote:I was the lad in his twenties that turned around to that group, Ted, and told them it was Intima they were talking about, after overhearing them talking about a portugese winger who they couldn't remember the name of. Ha. Wearing a big grey coat with fur around the hood. Mop head hair and shit glasses that i'd nicked from my sister cos my eyesights failing miserably!

I think i was sat a few rows in front of you Doug and probably more or less right in front of you,Ted.. I was on the aisle seats with my old man about 5 rows up. Was late and that weather was grim at first so just ran to the first seats i saw in a decent location.

I did enjoy the Crewe fans too - their presence made it feel like more of a game definitely.

I was the long haired cunt you were speaking to.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:21 am

Just had to be didn't it? Yeah, sorry for butting in. I could have swore i have read somewhere that Intima is injured and that'd make sense as he'd definitely be playing a part otherwise wouldn't he?

Pleasure to briefly and unintentionally meet you anyway. Well at least i know which long haired cunt you are now so I'll say hello if i ever see you at a game. Likewise Doug.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:49 am

hahaha, sort it out lads.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:09 am

dazby wrote:hahaha, sort it out lads.

Just a small idea! :-). Why not all either wear name badges or perhaps send one another a mugshot down the week. Or even all stand up periodically shouting "Ted / Doug / Twosips".

Find it comical you're all in such close proximity and oblivious to it! :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:28 am

ruralblue wrote:

Just a small idea! :-). Why not all either wear name badges or perhaps send one another a mugshot down the week. Or even all stand up periodically shouting "Ted / Doug / Twosips".

This is what the mancityfans.net t-shirts was for. Sort it Patrick, we need new ones!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:45 am

And I don't mean this in a condescending or sarcastic way, I think it's beautiful to read about:

Watch on youtube.com
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:01 am

twosips wrote:Just had to be didn't it? Yeah, sorry for butting in. I could have swore i have read somewhere that Intima is injured and that'd make sense as he'd definitely be playing a part otherwise wouldn't he?

Pleasure to briefly and unintentionally meet you anyway. Well at least i know which long haired cunt you are now so I'll say hello if i ever see you at a game. Likewise Doug.

I don't know.

That's why I was asking. I wondered if they'd fucked him off due to the talent of Barker, Nemane etc. He was talented but a bit headless imo. Dangerous player though.

Nice to slightly meet you anyhow.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:12 am

ruralblue wrote:

One way trip to an asylum stuff, that. In general i'm not good at forum stuff.

Back to the game....... I reckon we might see Boadu out on loan next year. He looks like he's got more than Fofana to me based on what i've seen. Fofana's powerful, athletic but every time i've seen him his first touch has let him down every now and then and there's none of that with Boadu who's just as big and fast.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Just had to be didn't it? Yeah, sorry for butting in. I could have swore i have read somewhere that Intima is injured and that'd make sense as he'd definitely be playing a part otherwise wouldn't he?

I don't know.

That's why I was asking. I wondered if they'd fucked him off due to the talent of Barker, Nemane etc. He was talented but a bit headless imo. Dangerous player though.

There are a few guys who watch EDS/Academy games all the time and often including away games.I asked one about Intima a few weeks back and there wasn't a definite answer but he thought he had gone!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 pm

An interesting aside from last night.I got there early and watched all the warm up stuff but even before the lads came out I watched Wilcox knocking a ball around with a few lads who were very young , maybe 11 or 12 and he was firing the ball at them to see how their control and first touch was. The result was generally excellent. Quality control or class first time cushioned passes.

The same lads stayed out there when the team came out and participated with them in some of the warm up bits. Good to see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't know.

There are a few guys who watch EDS/Academy games all the time and often including away games.I asked one about Intima a few weeks back and there wasn't a definite answer but he thought he had gone!

It wouldn't surprise me, due to the number of wide players we have. Baring in mind Ambrose can also play out there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum