Crucial Time Of The Season .

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Crucial Time Of The Season .

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:06 pm

The board is busy with lots happening off the pitch providing plenty to talk about , all is looking very rosy on the pitch aswell for us but now we are entering the real crucial stage of the season with Arsenal and Chelsea to play in the league , Boro in the FA Cup and a Stella tie versus Barcelona in the CL . This is what we are about , we are the Champions of England and everything to play for ..........

Come On City
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Crucial Time Of The Season .

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:10 pm

True, but as far as the league goes, I think we are still in with a shout even if we drop behind in the short term, provided we are anywhere within a half reasonable distance of catching Chelsea with 5 or so games to go.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:True, but as far as the league goes, I think we are still in with a shout even if we drop behind in the short term, provided we are anywhere within a half reasonable distance of catching Chelsea with 5 or so games to go.

Absolutely Ted . One game at a time scenario and all about momentum . Get through this exciting period and who knows .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:True, but as far as the league goes, I think we are still in with a shout even if we drop behind in the short term, provided we are anywhere within a half reasonable distance of catching Chelsea with 5 or so games to go.

Agreed. 38 games is marathon. As we're the kings of proving. We chase them down and kill them then force them to watch as we lift their trophy.

I love me some "us." We do it on our terms dammit. When we're fucking good and ready.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:24 pm

If we are within 3 points of Chelsea and still in the FA Cup when Bony and Toure come back, Id take that.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:If we are within 3 points of Chelsea and still in the FA Cup when Bony and Toure come back, Id take that.

I'd say it's even within 5 or 6.

There's a lot of football to play. They will drop some points.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:If we are within 3 points of Chelsea and still in the FA Cup when Bony and Toure come back, Id take that.

If that happens we're champions.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:28 pm

4 out of 6 chelsea crumble.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:45 pm

i reckon Swansea will not lose on Saturday.Setting us up for a cracking game on Sunday. This followed by a cup game should put pressure on the Chavs , going into that game knowing a point would keep us ahead would be a cracking set up for us. Well it would be great if it happens....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:58 pm

The thing that gets me about Chelsea is that they don't seem to lose out when they play top of league teams, but their dropped points are against middle/lower teams. This year Newcastle, and last year, didn't they drop points against Sunderland and Palace?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Agreed. 38 games is marathon. As we're the kings of proving. We chase them down and kill them then force them to watch as we lift their trophy.

I love me some "us." We do it on our terms dammit. When we're fucking good and ready.

Cheers

No you have that wrong. As Romans_bridge pointed out in the Messi thread. We had our titles handed to us. We only won because our main opposition collapsed.......
I wonder why that happened.
Seriously, I agree with yourself and Ted.
5-6 points behind after the ACON, wouldn't upset me greatly.
I predict an even better run in for us, than the previous two titles. There, I've jinxed it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

No you have that wrong. As Romans_bridge pointed out in the Messi thread. We had our titles handed to us. We only won because our main opposition collapsed.......
I wonder why that happened.
Seriously, I agree with yourself and Ted.
5-6 points behind after the ACON, wouldn't upset me greatly.
I predict an even better run in for us, than the previous two titles. There, I've jinxed it.

Indeed, looking at the fixtures after we play Chelski, we have so many easy games including Barca before we have the Brenda Mountain to climb and then it's downhill all the way to collect trophies again. With or without Yaya.... let him eat cake.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:19 am

We mustn't let them open up that gap again. The good run has to mean something and not be tossed away lightly. If we don't beat Arsenal we will not be able to afford to lose at Chelsea
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:19 am

We mustn't let them open up that gap again. The good run has to mean something and not be tossed away lightly. If we don't beat Arsenal we will not be able to afford to lose at Chelsea
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Not by a long shot.

Usually, january, february and march will be semi modest months for us, when everybody will write us off. Then from april, all hell breaks.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:The thing that gets me about Chelsea is that they don't seem to lose out when they play top of league teams, but their dropped points are against middle/lower teams. This year Newcastle, and last year, didn't they drop points against Sunderland and Palace?

Yes they did and against Villa and Norwich towards the end of the season. We are much the same though- Sunderland, Cardiff and Villa last season and Stoke, QPR and Burnley this season
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:54 pm

The last game of the season could be an absolute stormer. I would hate for it to be a must win game and it meant us knocking Southampton out of the top 4 if we won. Would be nice for us to celebrate the Southampton top 4 and the title with a draw :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Chelsea have to play this League cup semi. Whilst being in cups is not a bad thing, them and Liverpool will beat the shit out of each other, whereas last year West Ham hardly made us break sweat and lost about 25-0 on aggregate.

Chelsea will start to suffer. Would be happy with a draw there but it's never in Pellegrini's psyche, so we best win.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:06 pm

john@staustell wrote:Chelsea have to play this League cup semi. Whilst being in cups is not a bad thing, them and Liverpool will beat the shit out of each other, whereas last year West Ham hardly made us break sweat and lost about 25-0 on aggregate.

Chelsea will start to suffer. Would be happy with a draw there but it's never in Pellegrini's psyche, so we best win.

we lost our secret weapon last year in the semi final and he never recovered, we would have won the league at a canter if he was firing on all cylinders. Lets Hope Hazard has a nasty knock that puts him out for a few months.

Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Maureen now on SSN doing a presser ........

" They (City) must be in breach of FFP after signing Bony "

" One rule for them and another for everyone else "

Fuck Off Maureen !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum