George Evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

George Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Good interview in the MEN with George.

This bit I found most interesting:

"There's a lot of superstars here now and it is definitely a lot more difficult but I still believe that if you keep working hard and you're good enough then I think the manager will give you a chance, as he has shown this season."

To us looking in from the outside it seems the kids aren't getting chances but perhaps the perception is different from within?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-8448952?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: George Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:01 pm

I watched him closely in the Chelsea game & I thought he did really well at centre back on the whole, but it was a bit strange in that, even though we were playing v one of the best sides, he hardly had anything to do defensively.

On the ball though, he was excellent, but he is competing with some serious talent to get a midfield job & he may not be good enough as a defender, to play there. I hope he can find way in somehow though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: George Evans

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Good interview in the MEN with George.

This bit I found most interesting:

"There's a lot of superstars here now and it is definitely a lot more difficult but I still believe that if you keep working hard and you're good enough then I think the manager will give you a chance, as he has shown this season."

To us looking in from the outside it seems the kids aren't getting chances but perhaps the perception is different from within?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-8448952?

Good point. Maybe the kids are smarter & more realistic about their chances than I thought!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum