Nike deal re-negotiation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nike deal re-negotiation

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am

About time too. Lets see them all moan about that!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... place.html

Manchester City are on the verge of opening talks with Nike to renegotiate the club’s £12 million-a-year kit deal with the American sportswear giants.
Having signed their agreement with Nike in April 2012, the Premier League champions still have three years left to run on their current deal.
But with the club winning two Premier League titles and a Capital One Cup since linking up with Nike, and also establishing themselves as regular Champions League participants, City’s commercial value has grown and the club are ready to exploit their enhanced status by negotiating a package which better reflects their status.
With neighbours Manchester United agreeing a £75m-a-year kit deal with adidas, which replaces their £23m-a-year Nike deal on August 1, the market rate for kit deals has rocketed since City signed their agreement with Nike.
And with Nike losing United and Arsenal from their Premier League portfolio over the past two years, there is a determination to ensure they retain the most prominent club in their stable.

Although City have become a more globally-recognised outfit in recent years, they are unlikely to rival the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool, who have contracts worth £30m-a-year and £25m-a-year with Puma and Warrior respectively, when it comes to boosting their deal with Nike.
But a new agreement worth in the region of £20m-a-year is within City’s reach and could be thrashed out before the start of next season.
Any improvement in City’s deal with Nike would boost the club’s finances at a time when the complex structure of its parent company, City Football Group, is being investigated by Uefa
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Nike deal re-negotiation

Postby Fullartj » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:39 am

I agree its about time we got taken seriously by Nike
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:01 am

Given some of the daft deals around Id renegotiate the Etihad Campus sponsorship deal, renegotiate the Etihad shirt deal, and also ask SuisseGas to cough up another £20m for that sign on Alan Turing Way. Will help pay Wilfried's transfer fee.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:20 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Given some of the daft deals around Id renegotiate the Etihad Campus sponsorship deal, renegotiate the Etihad shirt deal, and also ask SuisseGas to cough up another £20m for that sign on Alan Turing Way. Will help pay Wilfried's transfer fee.

If I remember rightly, there was no final figure on the Etihad deal, more an 'expanding' kind of thing, so I think it just goes up anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:25 am

This line is needed why?

Any improvement in City’s deal with Nike would boost the club’s finances at a time when the complex structure of its parent company, City Football Group, is being investigated by Uefa.

Glad to see City are in the market to get more cash 12 millions for the champs is crap should easily be 25-30.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:00 pm

We work in this industry. The only Emirati company to work in sportswear. We established our own brand 3 years back and now we have kit deals with Jamaica, Bahrain and Palestine national teams.

I'm just saying if the Sheik wants a way to increase City revenues, we will gladly make a £40m* a year deal with City

*Which we will receive from the Sheik in Abu Dhabi
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:12 pm

If we're renegotiating the deal we have to add a clause that they produce some decent kits for once.Less of the cheap material and poor design.While their at it a bit of extra money for the club would also be nice.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Green & Blue wrote:If we're renegotiating the deal we have to add a clause that they produce some decent kits for once.Less of the cheap material and poor design.While their at it a bit of extra money for the club would also be nice.

They are pretty much Le Coq standard compared to the awesome Umbro shit we got spolied with. Adidas is kicking everyone's ass and Puma is nipping their heels.

Pull your finger out Nike you lazy fucks.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Fuck Puma.

I'd need to be locked in a basement with only water to fit in their super tight kits.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:33 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Fuck Puma.

I'd need to be locked in a basement with only water to fit in their super tight kits.

I don't know, I think there is something to be said for super tight kits ;)

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:We work in this industry. The only Emirati company to work in sportswear. We established our own brand 3 years back and now we have kit deals with Jamaica, Bahrain and Palestine national teams.

I'm just saying if the Sheik wants a way to increase City revenues, we will gladly make a £40m* a year deal with City

I think Platini has thought of that one.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:We work in this industry. The only Emirati company to work in sportswear. We established our own brand 3 years back and now we have kit deals with Jamaica, Bahrain and Palestine national teams.

Related party?

No relation whatsoever to the owner or government, or just because we are from the UAE?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Related party?

No relation whatsoever to the owner or government, or just because we are from the UAE?

While I agree with you, mate, the rotund little garlic muncher and his corrupt continental chums don't appear to bother with things like facts.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:21 pm

The quality of last seasons home Nike kit was absolutely appalling. This years, in my opinion, is a belter, both from a style and a fabric point of view. More of the same please.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Related party?

While I agree with you, mate, the rotund little garlic muncher and his corrupt continental chums don't appear to bother with things like facts.

unless he's in on the deal.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Oli » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:54 am

so a quick question, if we are going to be investigated due to a 'holding company' set up - there is another set up similar to this across the town that has to be in a worse financial state - will they be investigated too?
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:41 am

Blue Oli wrote:so a quick question, if we are going to be investigated due to a 'holding company' set up - there is another set up similar to this across the town that has to be in a worse financial state - will they be investigated too?

Quick answer, we're not being investigated well no more than UEFA looking at our accounts as part of the normal process.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Oli » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Oli wrote:so a quick question, if we are going to be investigated due to a 'holding company' set up - there is another set up similar to this across the town that has to be in a worse financial state - will they be investigated too?

Quick answer, we're not being investigated well no more than UEFA looking at our accounts as part of the normal process.

press drumming up nonsense as usual then
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:10 am

Blue Oli wrote:

press drumming up nonsense as usual then

Yep, good article here from the Indo. Looks like the writer was briefed by the club

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 73985.html
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Which, when correctly translated, means 'We'll guarantee to stick the knives into Manchester City by any available methods at our disposal'
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum