This Weeks Other Games | 10-11 Jan 15

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 10-11 Jan 15

Postby bigblue » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 am

Roberto got floored during the Inter game this weekend:

http://gfycat.com/MeagerEarlyBunny

Love his reaction though :)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It seems Robbie 'thickaspigshit' Savage has just declared the rags will win the title next year if the buy a couple of world-class central defenders. I'm shitting it now.

Give over. Then again, did he say which title. Pre season trophy maybe. If they play Accrington, Bury and Stockport. And then only on penalties. After playing for 70 minutes against ten men.

I'm surprised Savage isn't more bitter towards rags after being bombed out of the class of 92

His kids are blues and all. I guess if he wants to keep his job he has to toe the BBC party line. The rags are being 'bigged-up' in the media after this humiliating defeat which goes to show how thoroughly venal the media is in this country.

I've just spent a very enjoyable 40 minutes watching the dissection of the game by Andy Gray, Trevor Francis and Jason McAteer. Even the wife who was only half listening, said she had never heard united talked about so scathingly.

What a clear difference in editorial approach (BeIN - say what you want, SKY - follow the party line), which, if people really still want to disbelieve that a media bias exists, pah

I'm well aware of sky's commercial realities, but why are they so scared to do some honest fucking journalism and tell the truth about what they have just watched!

I like BeIn a lot.

Cheers

BeIN and NBC are where it's at this season for me.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 pm

I see Torres scored twice for Atleti to put real out of the cup (all big guns on the field here).

hopefully it works out for Torres there. Elche v Barca up next but not sure if I should bother?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Ivory Coast lost 2-0 against a very unexperienced Sweden side, fielding nine debutantes (4 from start).
Both Toures plus Bony played from the start.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:28 pm

mr_nool wrote:Ivory Coast lost 2-0 against a very unexperienced Sweden side, fielding nine debutantes (4 from start).
Both Toures plus Bony played from the start.

Have this feeling they are going out from the group stage.

Ivory Coast are the last 10 year mistery for me. Imho, they had the best African first eleven, since Nigeria in 1994, however, they failed to win anything. They lost two AFCON finals, with Egypt and Zambia, plus never manage to qualify in the second round at the last 3 World Cups.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:05 pm

You heard it here first - I had a dream that QPR scored a headed goal (wasn't even sure who they were playing against in my dream) - unfortunately I woke up before the result. Don't ask me why I was dreaming about QPR because I have no idea, no connection and no interest in them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Dameerto wrote:You heard it here first - I had a dream that QPR scored a headed goal (wasn't even sure who they were playing against in my dream) - unfortunately I woke up before the result. Don't ask me why I was dreaming about QPR because I have no idea, no connection and no interest in them.

That made me LOL, no idea why, must be friday :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Dameerto wrote:You heard it here first - I had a dream that QPR scored a headed goal (wasn't even sure who they were playing against in my dream) - unfortunately I woke up before the result. Don't ask me why I was dreaming about QPR because I have no idea, no connection and no interest in them.

Sounds good. Perhaps Harry won't roll over as he's desperate for points. I have faith in this.

I had a dream years ago, that City were playing Utd, & Earl Barratt (who was just a reserve kid at the time) was playing, fucked up, & Utd scored. Remembered it when I woke up.

Some time after, we played Utd in a friendly, & out of the blue, Earl Barratt was picked, & fucked up, & Utd scored.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 pm

No connection to QPR ???

Watch on youtube.com

you know you first had a dream about that day and then that other one
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:02 am

Moonchesteri wrote:

No connection to QPR ???

Watch on youtube.com

you know you first had a dream about that day and then that other one

I haven't watched that for a while.

Still brings tears.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:12 am

I haven't watched that for a while.

Still brings tears

Same here. Excellent video.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum