This Weeks Other Games | 10-11 Jan 15

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 10-11 Jan 15

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:56 pm

twosips wrote:I honestly don't mind Van Gaal. I don't think he's anywhere near as much as a cunt as the likes of Rodgers, Mourinho and Wenger. He seems alright.

I don't mind him either in comparison to the others you mentioned. I don't think I will ever dislike a manager as much as Rodgers
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:I honestly don't mind Van Gaal. I don't think he's anywhere near as much as a cunt as the likes of Rodgers, Mourinho and Wenger. He seems alright.

I agree. So far. But Ferguson wasn't the same cunt when he first arrived there. He grew more cuntish each season. I don't think the current players are as cuntish apart from a few, but both manager & players will have to cunt up, if they are to succeed there.

It is not possible for Manchester Utd to succeed, without being a bunch of cunts. They will have to become more cunty, or be replaced by cuntier cunts.

Pmsl. A quality conclusion.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It seems Robbie 'thickaspigshit' Savage has just declared the rags will win the title next year if the buy a couple of world-class central defenders. I'm shitting it now.

Give over. Then again, did he say which title. Pre season trophy maybe. If they play Accrington, Bury and Stockport. And then only on penalties. After playing for 70 minutes against ten men.

I'm surprised Savage isn't more bitter towards rags after being bombed out of the class of 92

His kids are blues and all. I guess if he wants to keep his job he has to toe the BBC party line. The rags are being 'bigged-up' in the media after this humiliating defeat which goes to show how thoroughly venal the media is in this country.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Van Gaal bitter and twisted. They came for a draw. We were the dominating team. Pathetic. Written Press sharpening their pencils to be fair. He won't get a good Press tomorrow, nor does he deserve one.

Van Persie injured and misses the Ballon d'Or awards. He was in line for scorer of best goal of the year; presumably the World Cup goal which was very good in fairness.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It seems Robbie 'thickaspigshit' Savage has just declared the rags will win the title next year if the buy a couple of world-class central defenders. I'm shitting it now.

Give over. Then again, did he say which title. Pre season trophy maybe. If they play Accrington, Bury and Stockport. And then only on penalties. After playing for 70 minutes against ten men.

I'm surprised Savage isn't more bitter towards rags after being bombed out of the class of 92

His kids are blues and all. I guess if he wants to keep his job he has to toe the BBC party line. The rags are being 'bigged-up' in the media after this humiliating defeat which goes to show how thoroughly venal the media is in this country.

I've just spent a very enjoyable 40 minutes watching the dissection of the game by Andy Gray, Trevor Francis and Jason McAteer. Even the wife who was only half listening, said she had never heard united talked about so scathingly.

What a clear difference in editorial approach (BeIN - say what you want, SKY - follow the party line), which, if people really still want to disbelieve that a media bias exists, pah

I'm well aware of sky's commercial realities, but why are they so scared to do some honest fucking journalism and tell the truth about what they have just watched!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:39 pm

Oh when the Saints.................................
Made my weekend that!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:

In fairness to the BBC, this is taken directly from their match report.

United's front four, plus wing-backs Luke Shaw and Antonio Valencia, cost the club almost £200m in transfer fees but the best they managed in a poor first half was Angel Di Maria's shot which was dragged past an upright.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm pretty sure i wrote on here in the last two weeks that Soton would move above the Rags.

Soton have had a very hard December and Jan , so far and they are a credit to the game.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I've just spent a very enjoyable 40 minutes watching the dissection of the game by Andy Gray, Trevor Francis and Jason McAteer. Even the wife who was only half listening, said she had never heard united talked about so scathingly.

What a clear difference in editorial approach (BeIN - say what you want, SKY - follow the party line), which, if people really still want to disbelieve that a media bias exists, pah

I'm well aware of sky's commercial realities, but why are they so scared to do some honest fucking journalism and tell the truth about what they have just watched!

I like BeIn a lot.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:05 pm

It's good when the rags lose isn't it ?

I like it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Barcelona and Aletico is feisty. Messi has been mint so far but is getting kicked to bits.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Messi, Suarez and Neymar are playing the best I've seen them as a three.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:08 pm

twosips wrote:Messi, Suarez and Neymar are playing the best I've seen them as a three.

Agreed. On current form our back line would be in absolute tatters against them.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:53 pm

I don't get why anyone suggests Simeone as a manager for City. He has created a side which is very difficult to play against most of the time, & won stuff, fair play to him, but half the time, they are fucking awful.

They are Spanish Everton. No wonder Moyes has got a job over there.

I'm sure Simeone would have a chance of winning stuff with City, or another top Prem side, but I don't want to fucking watch it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't get why anyone suggests Simeone as a manager for City. He has created a side which is very difficult to play against most of the time, & won stuff, fair play to him, but half the time, they are fucking awful.

I'm sure Simeone would have a chance of winning stuff with City, or another top Prem side, but I don't want to fucking watch it.

They had one shot on goal tonight. Says it all really

Edit: It was 5 actually with only 2 on target
Last edited by freshie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:58 pm

I like his hairstyle.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

The truth will out, as they say. Only not in this country's media.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:06 pm

This lads going to be gutted with today's result

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Utds starting11 today

De Gea £22m

Blind £17m
Jones £16m
Smalling £12m

Valencia £18m
Carrick £18m
Mata £37m
Rooney £30m
Shaw £27m

Van Persie £24m
Di Maria £63m

#thesystem #organic #homegrown
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't get why anyone suggests Simeone as a manager for City. He has created a side which is very difficult to play against most of the time, & won stuff, fair play to him, but half the time, they are fucking awful.

Totally agree, I wanted them to beat RM in the CL final, but when I saw them play they made Wimbledon's Crazy Gang look like the Mother Superior's Select XI
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum