Messi Rumours .......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Messi Rumours .......

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am

sheblue wrote:It would be an absolutely massive circus of a transfer if he went anywhere at the moment (summer), imagine the media storm and how much they would milk it for, potentially great publicity and profile raising stuff........but what about the disruption to the team he goes to? That would be a worry, he would ruffle a few feathers and could be quite disruptive.

At best City get grudging praise through gritted teeth so even if we signed Jesus Christ it would be "..he may have turned water into wine once but all the money in the world cant buy miracles, and besides, do they REALLY need another defensive midfielder?"

Expecting our piss poor media to get excited about anything City is misplaced optimism, and IMO this is all a ploy by Messi's advisers to get more money and power from Barca, so its a bit of a non-story really...a sign of the times we live in
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Large elements of the media seem to be campaigning to destroy or at least undermine his public image ATM.

A few years ago, (when he was committed to Barca and they were more successful), he was seen as the ultimate team player, modestly praising his brilliant team mates. Now he is being portrayed as undermining players and coaches and dictating club policies. Will the negative publicity step up if he edges closer to leaving Barca this summer?

I would love Messi to join Aguero and team mates at City, he is one of my favourite players but with FFP it would be incredibly difficult. Best wishes to Dupont.

Depends how much increase in sponsorship it brings. City's revenue next season, will be up hugely compared to the last time we saw a figure. Us fans won't find out what that is, til the year after, but Soriano claimed about a year ago that we would be somewhere close to Bayern Munich's estimated figures, round about now.

There are suggestions that City have been working on a deal for Messi for several years, just in case. It could be that they have already talked about it with sponsors. City with Messi, would be a whole different entity & therefore pretty much every deal would be hugely undervalued. I would have thought that it would be a bit unusual if that's not something they have looked at already.

He may actually not cost us very much at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:53 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
sheblue wrote:It would be an absolutely massive circus of a transfer if he went anywhere at the moment (summer), imagine the media storm and how much they would milk it for, potentially great publicity and profile raising stuff........but what about the disruption to the team he goes to? That would be a worry, he would ruffle a few feathers and could be quite disruptive.

At best City get grudging praise through gritted teeth so even if we signed Jesus Christ it would be "..he may have turned water into wine once but all the money in the world cant buy miracles, and besides, do they REALLY need another defensive midfielder?"

Expecting our piss poor media to get excited about anything City is misplaced optimism, and IMO this is all a ploy by Messi's advisers to get more money and power from Barca, so its a bit of a non-story really...a sign of the times we live in

I wonder if Messi has the balls to go through with a move when it comes down to it.

He has been there since a kid. But it may not be Messi forcing the issue, it may be Barca who want to cash in, before his value drops. That could be what he is referring to.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:25 pm

Funny though watched the ballon dor thing last night and when messi was on the stage being interviewed by that bird, luis enrique came on via a pre-recorded video message to say how great messi was bla bla bla, poor old loinel didnt look too impressed to see the video and didn't look enamoured by the sight of his coach lauding his praises.
Wonder what would happen if, IF somebody matched his release clause, what is it 250 million euro.
Of course its all bollocks, but what isn't these days.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Pay rise coming up I reckon. Gotta pay his tax bill somehow.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

I wonder if Messi has the balls to go through with a move when it comes down to it.

He has been there since a kid. But it may not be Messi forcing the issue, it may be Barca who want to cash in, before his value drops. That could be what he is referring to.

...thats just one element, the "who blinks first" scenario. We had all this shit with Kaka...ok, hes not at Messi's level but Id rather the club look to the future and put really strong foundations in place and shape a really strong all round unit rather than get involved in all this just because it might get some bed wetting scum fans in malaysia to start buying City shirts. Besides, no guarantee he will settle over here and adapt to the game. Having said that, he probably will, as hes a fantastic player, but its not 100% nailed on he will, and for the outlay and aggro attached, Id stear clear
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:03 pm

It's a lot more than just selling a few shirts in Malaysia; it's the longer term future of the club.

If he goes to Chelsea or the rags, they get ten years on City so far as exposure goes, unless we find another Messi from somewhere. They get a load of new fans on top of what they have already, who may have become City fans, & even after Messi has retired, it will take years for us to bridge the gap, & that is assuming they don't buy the next Messi, with the increased revenue.

If he comes to City, we may actually surpass Utd worldwide in the same timeframe & have to expand the stadium further than just the ends. That's how big this is.

The exposure we are already gaining in China for instance, will go off like wildfire.

If he's available, we have to sign him, no matter what threats are made by Platini or anyone else. Ride it out. We will win in the end.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Correct Ted. I don't think he'll move unfortunately. They're having elections and no one standing for president is going to have a platform of selling Messi. He'd really have to want to go and then he'd be available at his reserve price plus an increase on his enormous package plus accepting his ownership of marketing rights. Somehow or other Soriano would have to work it out. It's literally unthinkable that the Rags or Chelsea get him; arguably a resigning matter for the CEO.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:21 pm

blues2win wrote:Correct Ted. I don't think he'll move unfortunately. They're having elections and no one standing for president is going to have a platform of selling Messi. He'd really have to want to go and then he'd be available at his reserve price plus an increase on his enormous package plus accepting his ownership of marketing rights. Somehow or other Soriano would have to work it out. It's literally unthinkable that the Rags or Chelsea get him; arguably a resigning matter for the CEO.

I'm totally happy if he stays where he is, but not if he moves to a rival.

From City's point of view though, I presume they are actively pushing for this right now; they have to make him feel wanted & that they will do whatever it takes & they have to keep doing it, until the day he moves, or the day he is no longer worth bothering with.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Correct Ted. I don't think he'll move unfortunately. They're having elections and no one standing for president is going to have a platform of selling Messi. He'd really have to want to go and then he'd be available at his reserve price plus an increase on his enormous package plus accepting his ownership of marketing rights. Somehow or other Soriano would have to work it out. It's literally unthinkable that the Rags or Chelsea get him; arguably a resigning matter for the CEO.

From City's point of view though, I presume they are actively pushing for this right now; they have to make him feel wanted & that they will do whatever it takes & they have to keep doing it, until the day he moves, or the day he is no longer worth bothering with.

Well i think if he does come to the prem we are surely in the driving seat (FFP aside). He's already seen the new campus, buddies with Sergio as well us having Zab's, MDM & Willy as fellow country men. Not to mention a relationship with Ferran & Trixx...........

Cheslki trying to use Fabregas as their weapon to butter him up (teammates for only 3 seasons)

The rags have di-Maria & Rojo as fellow country men

Surely we would have the upper hand and on this & as long as the club don't become complacent then SHOULD he become available it is ours to fuck up?

I am not getting my hopes too high just yet though.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Regardless of how much it will boost our profile fuck signing any player for 200 millions or whatever stupid fee it will cost.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:33 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Well i think if he does come to the prem we are surely in the driving seat (FFP aside). He's already seen the new campus, buddies with Sergio as well us having Zab's, MDM & Willy as fellow country men. Not to mention a relationship with Ferran & Trixx...........

Cheslki trying to use Fabregas as their weapon to butter him up (teammates for only 3 seasons)

The rags have di-Maria & Rojo as fellow country men

Surely we would have the upper hand and on this & as long as the club don't become complacent then SHOULD he become available it is ours to fuck up?

I am not getting my hopes too high just yet though.

Don't forget playing together in the academy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:41 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Regardless of how much it will boost our profile fuck signing any player for 200 millions or whatever stupid fee it will cost.

You are right, he though is just not any player, I see what you are saying, he sells shirts, club profile and murders the Rags and Chelski, City would need expansion to all sides and Hotels around the Etihad, would be booked years in advance.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Regardless of how much it will boost our profile fuck signing any player for 200 millions or whatever stupid fee it will cost.

You are right, he though is just not any player, I see what you are saying, he sells shirts, club profile and murders the Rags and Chelski, City would need expansion to all sides and Hotels around the Etihad, would be booked years in advance.

Rags sign Messi & a couple of decent centre backs & they leave us behind both domestically & in European football, on & off the pitch. Di Maria, Messi, Rooney or RVP + average rest of team= 3 points pretty much every week. Chelsea stick him in their squad, win everything.

How much is that worth ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Rags sign Messi & a couple of decent centre backs & they leave us behind both domestically & in European football, on & off the pitch. Di Maria, Messi, Rooney or RVP + average rest of team= 3 points pretty much every week. Chelsea stick him in their squad, win everything.

How much is that worth ?

That is it Ted, Madrid have a march on us all, they will trump most teams on and off the Pitch, But Messi is NEVER going to RM if he left and it is a big IF, he is the key to the big door so to speak, like it or lump it if he joins another team here, that would be be a big problem imho for the plans of our great owners. Great players well he is one of the very few to have that title, as a Barca member and I have seen plenty of games, how much dough he brings to the Catalan pockets god knows. One thing I think is if the two amigos were tempted back would that bring some calm to Barca and save us and them a tricky moment if they lost him to say Roman and London, where lets be honest is where he might want to be.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Don't forget playing together in the academy.

Ha Noolie, back in those days i didn't take note of European teams because weren't ever likely to be involved, didn't realise that he grew up at Barca! Just remember him from the gooners academy
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 pm

If he came he'd probably do his ACL vs Stoke and be out for a year and never the same player again.

His best years are behind him.

We should be focused on beating him, not on buying him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:If he came he'd probably do his ACL vs Stoke and be out for a year and never the same player again.

His best years are behind him.

We should be focused on beating him, not on buying him.

Cheers

Nonsense.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

How much is that worth ?

That is it Ted, Madrid have a march on us all, they will trump most teams on and off the Pitch, But Messi is NEVER going to RM if he left and it is a big IF, he is the key to the big door so to speak, like it or lump it if he joins another team here, that would be be a big problem imho for the plans of our great owners. Great players well he is one of the very few to have that title, as a Barca member and I have seen plenty of games, how much dough he brings to the Catalan pockets god knows. One thing I think is if the two amigos were tempted back would that bring some calm to Barca and save us and them a tricky moment if they lost him to say Roman and London, where lets be honest is where he might want to be.

Not at all sure he would want to play for Mourinho, if he has a choice, or especially be in London. Much more privacy here.

Also, no reason at all for Txiki & Soriano to go to Barca imo. Nothing for them to gain by going back & they would miss the conclusion of all the work they are involved in now. Would be absolutely mad to leave City. Can't be anything else on the planet like the jobs they have now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

How much is that worth ?

Not at all sure he would want to play for Mourinho, if he has a choice, or especially be in London. Much more privacy here.

Also, no reason at all for Txiki & Soriano to go to Barca imo. Nothing for them to gain by going back & they would miss the conclusion of all the work they are involved in now. Would be absolutely mad to leave City. Can't be anything else on the planet like the jobs they have now.

La Porte is going to run again mate, I would watch that space, just my thoughts, Messi, has a ton going on off the pitch, the sort of thing that with the right people can be kept as a private matter and made to go away properly. I agree on Mouriniho, he might be gone Ted, Messi joins, Pep might also be done in Munich. Happy days All bollocks of course.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum