Messi Rumours .......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Messi Rumours .......

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
And how do you know that Ronaldo doesn't create a ruckus when he isn't played? Enrique is pretty much the Spanish Moyes. It's not just Messi who despises Enrique, if media is to be believed. Neymar was openly joking after Alba scored the own goal.

The Barcelona board has been grossly incompetent for a long time. Signing the likes of Vermaelaen, Douglas, Song and letting Thaigo, Fabregas, Sanchez go while keeping aging and past it players like Xavi, Alves or average players like Pedro. Pushing out Guardiola with politics. Getting Neymar and Suarez (for huge amounts) when their defense is dreadful. Getting the club banned from transfers for an year. And then hiring the Spanish Moyes. Messi's peak years are being wasted by poor decision after decision. Naturally, he is unhappy.

From where we are, I see a player frustrated with a stagnant club. It's more than likely that he is using the media to pressure his club into changes.

I am not saying let's get Tranny, i am just saying if it would had been between those two, i would rather have the second one, HOWEVER, Messi would be more suited to be playing in our system, rather than the ex rag.

Barcelona is still performing at the highest level, they can't win everything every single year, however, they are still up there, he is paid a shit load of money + all the cash he receives from advertising.

I am just saying that, he might not be what we expect him to be.

My question is this, is it rentable to buy him? Can we recover the almost 300 mil that we can invest in him? If City manages to make him come here, this will be THE BIGGEST SIGNING IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GAME.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:59 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:
And how do you know that Ronaldo doesn't create a ruckus when he isn't played? Enrique is pretty much the Spanish Moyes. It's not just Messi who despises Enrique, if media is to be believed. Neymar was openly joking after Alba scored the own goal.

The Barcelona board has been grossly incompetent for a long time. Signing the likes of Vermaelaen, Douglas, Song and letting Thaigo, Fabregas, Sanchez go while keeping aging and past it players like Xavi, Alves or average players like Pedro. Pushing out Guardiola with politics. Getting Neymar and Suarez (for huge amounts) when their defense is dreadful. Getting the club banned from transfers for an year. And then hiring the Spanish Moyes. Messi's peak years are being wasted by poor decision after decision. Naturally, he is unhappy.

From where we are, I see a player frustrated with a stagnant club. It's more than likely that he is using the media to pressure his club into changes.

I am not saying let's get Tranny, i am just saying if it would had been between those two, i would rather have the second one, HOWEVER, Messi would be more suited to be playing in our system, rather than the ex rag.

Barcelona is still performing at the highest level, they can't win everything every single year, however, they are still up there, he is paid a shit load of money + all the cash he receives from advertising.

My question is this, is it rentable to buy him? Can we recover the almost 300 mil that we can invest in him? If City manages to make him come here, this will be THE BIGGEST SIGNING IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GAME.

If the figures don't add up then City won't do it. But the benefit of signing Messi goes beyond just the obvious accounts, so there are a lot more things to consider. One or two accountant types on Bluemoon recon City have been working on this for years though & would already know the finances involved, should Messi become a genuine possibility.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Every club who can 'afford' him has looked at the figures at some stage.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Would assume Tixi and co would know inside out how to get any sort of deal done with Messi if he did somehow decide he has had enough of Barcelona and I am sure Sergio , Zabba and MDM will be having a quiet word !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

Yes i think we can. Signing Messi creates a lot more revenue streams than just shirt sales. I dont know how close it would go to be a self financing deal, but i would guess very close.

Looking at the figures, lets say the transfer fee is £150 million, give him a 6 year contract, so for FFP this would equal £25million per year amortisation costs. Now a salary of £300,000 per week totaling £15million per year. So a total of £40m per year shown on the books.

How to we recoup this money. Renegotiate the Nike deal to £25mill, so an extra £13m. Etihad to increase their shirt sponsorship by £10mill per year leaving a shortfall of about £17mill which we could easily recoup through more regional deals in the far east and the states for local banks, credit cards, sports drinks etc. Regional partners paying about £4-5mill per year.

This is all before the different sponsors for the academy and the training ground. With someone like Messi on board, we can have our training gear sponsored and we decide when to release photos of the training session, not some pap up a tree.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Tesl wrote:Messi would be huge in terms of growing the City brand and the commercial opportunities that come with that.

But can we please to god drop this fucking "Pay for itself in shirt sales" canard? Shirt sales account for a tiny fraction of revenue and in the big picture would make no fucking difference. Messi or anybody else.

(He won't leave Barca anyway)

The only post which mentions shirt sales is mine, which mentions it alongside corporate sales and extra tickets etc. So clearly it wouldn't pay for itself in shirt sales, but no one had said that, so try reading the posts before moaning.

I mentioned it, I think.

And it's not actually true that shirt sales would be a tiny fraction of revenue. Signing Messi would bring in a huge amount in shirt sales worldwide & in fact most likely finance a significant percentage of the deal. Rodrigues shifted some 380k shirts in 48 hours when he signed for Real Madrid. We aren't Real Madrid, but he most certainly isn't Messi. They recon Ronaldo paid off his whiole transfer fee immediately.

Then you have the situation with Nike vs Adidas. If we did't get an absolute fortune from Nike, because of the increase in profile, I'd show my arse in Burton's window. So shirts imo would pay for a significant part of the deal.

Just checked and you're right, we both did, but neither of us said the shirt sales would pay for a transfer of that size. There are currently 2 players in the world who are bigger than what they can do on the pitch. I'm not sure how much we get from the sale of each shirt, but I know how much Nike pay based on the amount sold - I wouldn't be at all surprised if our deal doesn't include an increase in payment if we were to buy a shirt seller.

The amount from corporate sales etc can't be ignored, neither can extra ticket sales to the tourists who want to see him or do the stadium tour to see his place in the dressing room.

Barca's recent success off the pitch stated by signing Ronaldinho, which was part of the business plan. It'd be odd if our business plan wasn't very similar since the same team are running it.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Messi you little tease..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ll-8423738

Lionel Messi has described suggestions he could look to leave Barcelona for Chelsea or Manchester City as "all lies".

"I have never demanded anything to stay because I don’t have any intention of going," he said. "I heard people say that my dad had spoken to Chelsea, to City … it’s all lies.

"I heard all sorts of things said. I never come out and deny [stories] but this time I am. It has been said that I have pushed out lots of people … Eto’o, Ibrahimovic, Bojan, Guardiola … [and] I didn’t ask them to sack our manager.

"It’s not good for people to look for rivalry between me and Luis Enrique because there isn’t any.

"It hurts because it comes from people who [supposedly] love Barcelona. It’s people who want to hurt the club – and this time it did not come from Madrid, like other times, it has come from here.

"I have heard lots of things being said about me before and now. They make it look like I am the one who is in charge here when I am just another player.

"Don’t throw s*** at us from outside because that will only do us harm."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... si-8432283

City target Lionel Messi has again cast doubt on his future by hinting he might not remain at Barcelona next year.

Hours after the Argentinean dismissed suggestions he could join City or Chelsea as "lies", Messi suggested he might be receptive to a move elsewhere.

"I'm not sure where I'll be next year," he said in Zurich ahead of the Ballon d'Or awards ceremony.

"In the football world so many things can change overnight."

The comments come just a day after Messi had played down speculation that he could be set to join City.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Is anyone watching the ballon d'or? Wtf is the cunt wearing? He looks like a magician from a cruise ship

Also - falling in love with Anna adbo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Tony P » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Tony P wrote:Bless. Jamie Jackson getting all moist in the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/12/lionel-messi-manchester-united-move-barcelona

What a rag piece that is.
Original Dub

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:14 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/12/lionel-messi-manchester-united-move-barcelona

He has cracked
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:35 am

Would Messi not prefer to play in the Champions League ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 am

Every time the rag scum lose a game they are linked with a big name. Last time it was Bale. It's so transparent it's embarrassing. Cunts.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Would Messi not prefer to play in the Champions League ?

i'm really starting to feel like Messi is a little dickhead.

I'm going nowhere.
Who knows what the future holds?

fuck off you little drug cheat midget. I hope we smash the cunt.

Seriously.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:10 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

I'm going nowhere.

Seriously.

cheers

I think I'd rather he stayed at Barca in a way, as I'd rather have a 'team' & do the academy thing. But if he moves, we have to sign him. We can't let some other cunts get him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I'm going nowhere.

Seriously.

cheers

I think I'd rather he stayed at Barca in a way, as I'd rather have a 'team' & do the academy thing. But if he moves, we have to sign him. We can't let some other cunts get him.

From a purely footballing viewpoint, I wouldn't touch him. For every other possible reason, I would. And I think the latter would probably trump the former in the long term.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:16 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I'm going nowhere.

Seriously.

cheers

From a purely footballing viewpoint, I wouldn't touch him. For every other possible reason, I would. And I think the latter would probably trump the former in the long term.

It would take the club up sky high. The growth would be ridiculous in every respect.

It has to be done if it's possible, for that reason.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:18 am

We'd go from being a world class club to a global mega giant just like that. We'd have to do it
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 am

It would be an absolutely massive circus of a transfer if he went anywhere at the moment (summer), imagine the media storm and how much they would milk it for, potentially great publicity and profile raising stuff........but what about the disruption to the team he goes to? That would be a worry, he would ruffle a few feathers and could be quite disruptive.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:14 am

Large elements of the media seem to be campaigning to destroy or at least undermine his public image ATM.

A few years ago, (when he was committed to Barca and they were more successful), he was seen as the ultimate team player, modestly praising his brilliant team mates. Now he is being portrayed as undermining players and coaches and dictating club policies. Will the negative publicity step up if he edges closer to leaving Barca this summer?

I would love Messi to join Aguero and team mates at City, he is one of my favourite players but with FFP it would be incredibly difficult. Best wishes to Dupont.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum