Messi Rumours .......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Messi Rumours .......

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:19 am

Tesl wrote:Messi would be huge in terms of growing the City brand and the commercial opportunities that come with that.

But can we please to god drop this fucking "Pay for itself in shirt sales" canard? Shirt sales account for a tiny fraction of revenue and in the big picture would make no fucking difference. Messi or anybody else.

(He won't leave Barca anyway)

I wouldn't totally discount it. Him and his dad are being hauled up before the beak for tax evasion dont forget. On top of that Barca are in what would be called meltdown if it was us or Chelsea. They still have a huge debt.

Some players do hold that desire to try themselves in what is, by any account, the toughest league.

I dont see the cost as a big issue as there will always be market forces taking into account buyer, seller, player and FFP.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 am

If he is to leave, now is the time when his playing ability and commercial value is at its peak. Can not see Barca letting him go as his commercial value is surely too much for them to loose at this moment in time.
What happens next summer or or the ones after, is an entirely a different matter. At some stage they will cash in.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:18 am

500 MILLIONS.

Everyone can fuck off for that much.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Fullartj » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 am

That BBC article makes me sick. The only people that can afford Messi are United...WTf that is nothing but blatant propaganda.

Also Diego Costa worth 65 million.. what a joke!
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:32 am

Just had a quick scan of the Spanish papers and any Messi speculation there is simply quoting English sources. The whole fuss is kicked up by some twat over here.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wooders » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:45 am

Sounds like bollocks doesn't it

Is he worth it? 200 million then 45 mill a year?
Not so certain of that myself
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:12 am

I think with all the restrictions imposed on us by the bent cartel that we would find it difficult to do a deal for Messi.But if we are going to join the bidding war and try to get him we should continue to make deals where the pay packet is performance related so as to alleviate the cost.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:06 am

Wooders wrote:Sounds like bollocks doesn't it

Is he worth it? 200 million then 45 mill a year?
Not so certain of that myself

I'm telling you that at those dollars and our team the tranny would be a better route to success if I were comparing them. I don't expect that to happen either but I don't think Messi immediately make us invincible. Different story for Chelsea maybe.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Ok, Messi, best in the world, maybe the best of all time. That we know.

But ...

Is it just me, or he really is turning into a proper cunt? Reports said that Guardiola and Martino left because of him, so as Zlatan and Eto'o, now Luis Enrique. Maybe rumours, but we can't hide the fact that there are too many situations like this, just to be rumours. Do we really need something like this in the dressing room?

I would had brought Messi of 2010, now, i am not that sure.

Rather have Trannyando.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:51 pm

john@staustell wrote:Just had a quick scan of the Spanish papers and any Messi speculation there is simply quoting English sources. The whole fuss is kicked up by some twat over here.

Step forward, Edward Woodward.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Is it just me, or he really is turning into a proper cunt? Reports said that Guardiola and Martino left because of him, so as Zlatan and Eto'o, now Luis Enrique. Maybe rumours, but we can't hide the fact that there are too many situations like this, just to be rumours. Do we really need something like this in the dressing room?

According to his autobiography, Ibrahimovich left because of Guardiola. To be fair, he also wrote that Guardiola misused him to appease Messi but it was when Ibrahimovich approached Guardiola about how he wanted to play that Guardiola basically stopped talking to him.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

According to his autobiography, Ibrahimovich left because of Guardiola. To be fair, he also wrote that Guardiola misused him to appease Messi but it was when Ibrahimovich approached Guardiola about how he wanted to play that Guardiola basically stopped talking to him.

Yes, i read that, however, he didn't look that excited when he had Ibra near him up front (of course, Ibrahimovich has his problems, but still). I remember Eto'o accused him and Guardiola that they pushed him away, just to make room for Messi up front.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Clowncrete » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:Ok, Messi, best in the world, maybe the best of all time. That we know.

But ...

Rather have Trannyando.

So, you would reject a person who is one of the greatest players in history and take another cunt (and an older and inferior rag one too) in his stead?
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Tesl wrote:Messi would be huge in terms of growing the City brand and the commercial opportunities that come with that.

But can we please to god drop this fucking "Pay for itself in shirt sales" canard? Shirt sales account for a tiny fraction of revenue and in the big picture would make no fucking difference. Messi or anybody else.

(He won't leave Barca anyway)

The only post which mentions shirt sales is mine, which mentions it alongside corporate sales and extra tickets etc. So clearly it wouldn't pay for itself in shirt sales, but no one had said that, so try reading the posts before moaning.

I mentioned it, I think.

And it's not actually true that shirt sales would be a tiny fraction of revenue. Signing Messi would bring in a huge amount in shirt sales worldwide & in fact most likely finance a significant percentage of the deal. Rodrigues shifted some 380k shirts in 48 hours when he signed for Real Madrid. We aren't Real Madrid, but he most certainly isn't Messi. They recon Ronaldo paid off his whiole transfer fee immediately.

Then you have the situation with Nike vs Adidas. If we did't get an absolute fortune from Nike, because of the increase in profile, I'd show my arse in Burton's window. So shirts imo would pay for a significant part of the deal.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Ok, Messi, best in the world, maybe the best of all time. That we know.

But ...

Rather have Trannyando.

So, you would reject a person who is one of the greatest players in history and take another cunt (and an older and inferior rag one too) in his stead?

Yes.

I would rather have him, rather than a player that would act like a cunt if he will not start week in and week out, that will question the manager capacity in front of the whole team and players would be brought in after he will give the ok (Fabregas, Suarez, Alba, Neymar). At least the diving cunt ex-rag had a great relashionship with Pellers and almost every other managers, except (maybe) Maureen.

Look, if you look from where we are, what do we see? We see a Messi that looks different, more arrogant, that are more and more discussion regarding his departure from a club where everyone was convinced he will end his career and, let's face it, in a dressing room where, i am curious, how many players still like him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

But ...

Rather have Trannyando.

Yes.

I would rather have him, rather than a player that would act like a cunt if he will not start week in and week out, that will question the manager capacity in front of the whole team and players would be brought in after he will give the ok (Fabregas, Suarez, Alba, Neymar). At least the diving cunt ex-rag had a great relashionship with Pellers and almost every other managers, except (maybe) Maureen.

Look, if you look from where we are, what do we see? We see a Messi that looks different, more arrogant, that are more and more discussion regarding his departure from a club where everyone was convinced he will end his career and, let's face it, in a dressing room where, i am curious, how many players still like him.

We don't know which things about Messi are actually true.

But imo, if you are the best player in the world, who has played under the best manager in the world, in the best team in the world, & are being asked to stay & play in an inferior team, under an inferior manger, you are 100% entitled to question the methods of managers & entitled to know who they are signing to play alongside you.

Messi should be in a team which is designed to be the best, & to compliment him as a player. He is entitled to expect that, as he can go anywhere he likes if he decides to. So far he has remained, in an inferior Barca team.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Clowncrete » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:28 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

But ...

Rather have Trannyando.

Yes.

And how do you know that Ronaldo doesn't create a ruckus when he isn't played? Enrique is pretty much the Spanish Moyes. It's not just Messi who despises Enrique, if media is to be believed. Neymar was openly joking after Alba scored the own goal.

The Barcelona board has been grossly incompetent for a long time. Signing the likes of Vermaelaen, Douglas, Song and letting Thaigo, Fabregas, Sanchez go while keeping aging and past it players like Xavi, Alves or average players like Pedro. Pushing out Guardiola with politics. Getting Neymar and Suarez (for huge amounts) when their defense is dreadful. Getting the club banned from transfers for an year. And then hiring the Spanish Moyes. Messi's peak years are being wasted by poor decision after decision. Naturally, he is unhappy.

From where we are, I see a player frustrated with a stagnant club. It's more than likely that he is using the media to pressure his club into changes.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby twosips » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

But ...

Rather have Trannyando.

Yes.

We don't know which things about Messi are actually true.

But imo, if you are the best player in the world, who has played under the best manager in the world, in the best team in the world, & are being asked to stay & play in an inferior team, under an inferior manger, you are 100% entitled to question the methods of managers & entitled to know who they are signing to play alongside you.

Messi should be in a team which is designed to be the best, & to compliment him as a player. He is entitled to expect that, as he can go anywhere he likes if he decides to. So far he has remained, in an inferior Barca team.

+1

He's even more than the best player in the world too - he's arguably the best player to have ever played the game. I'd be well frustrated if i was him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Interesting the Chelsea geezer made a small speech & said it's impossible due to ffp & how they operate within it, & the Count just played it back to the bowler, down the centre of the pitch.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:46 pm

What did Pellers say?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc