Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:02 pm

From a rag, Milner was the worst player on the pitch.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 am

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Saw an article this last few days which, although acknowledging he is injured, said he wasn't in Klopp's first 11. Having drifted out ont the wing previously, one notes.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:16 pm

john@staustell wrote:Saw an article this last few days which, although acknowledging he is injured, said he wasn't in Klopp's first 11. Having drifted out ont the wing previously, one notes.

He's not really very good is he? He's earning thousands for having a lot of stamina and being able to run around a lot. Personally I think he suits a mediocre team like candlepool. Long may they contest 10th place
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:16 pm

john@staustell wrote:Saw an article this last few days which, although acknowledging he is injured, said he wasn't in Klopp's first 11. Having drifted out ont the wing previously, one notes.

He's not really very good is he? He's earning thousands for having a lot of stamina and being able to run around a lot. Personally I think he suits a mediocre team like candlepool. Long may they contest 10th place
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:16 pm

edgeley blue wrote:

He had his last good season at City he was on the decline at City so stepped down to a lower team who would still pay him silly wages. Lucky as most players in his position usually end up fighting relegation like Lescott and Richards who are both at Villa now and were at the club when we won the title also.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Some jaundiced nonsense being talked on here.His pressing style suits Klop perfectly. Looked awful when they did us 4-1 didn't he.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:07 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Some jaundiced nonsense being talked on here.His pressing style suits Klop perfectly. Looked awful when they did us 4-1 didn't he.

Yes he did. He got injured and Liverpool went shit.
It's no coincidence, milner is a good player. Anyone who dismisses it is barmy. I would have loved him to stay.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:10 am

He was 30 yesterday, he's played a full 90 minutes for all but one of the matches this season, 3/4 of those he was captain. He's a fine professional and a don't begrudge him leaving us for more game time. He'd probably have had about half the game time if he'd stayed with us.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 am

He is very average though - even in his prime with us - a mid table superstar but doesn't belong with the big boys
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:55 am

By May I reckon he will be in "what have I done" territory
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:58 am

Wooders wrote:He is very average though - even in his prime with us - a mid table superstar but doesn't belong with the big boys

The big boys also need piano shifters. Not every player in ever position can be a super star, you mix them in with good solid proffessinal players and that's what he is. I think some comments smack of bitterness towards him. He did a solid job for us and I don't begrudge him a move to play more games at one of the worlds biggest clubs.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:38 am

Exactly SoF, we could've used him last Saturday too, if just to give them a bit back physically, never saw Jimmy shirk a tackle or give less than 100% to win a ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Exactly SoF, we could've used him last Saturday too, if just to give them a bit back physically, never saw Jimmy shirk a tackle or give less than 100% to win a ball.

I've never seen him in gloves or long sleeve shirt either.

Proper player.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:50 am

Probably the best article I've ever read on Milner which backs up the point SoF makes above

Barney gets it

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... er-england
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Probably the best article I've ever read on Milner which backs up the point SoF makes above

Barney gets it

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... er-england

Oldie but goldie.

Milner was indeed important for us and could probably have been this season as well. I personally feel that Jesus is the better option for basically the same job though, especially since Pellegrini insisted on playing Milner out wide all the time.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:24 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Wooders wrote:He is very average though - even in his prime with us - a mid table superstar but doesn't belong with the big boys

The big boys also need piano shifters. Not every player in ever position can be a super star, you mix them in with good solid proffessinal players and that's what he is. I think some comments smack of bitterness towards him. He did a solid job for us and I don't begrudge him a move to play more games at one of the worlds biggest clubs.

Agree. The guy did a solid job for us and I don't get the hate towards him just because he thought it was time to move on.
Everyone moves on sometime, in one way or another and we should too. Good luck to him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:00 am

I thought he was a sneaky little shit in the way he engineered his move. It wasn't game time, he got plenty of that. On the other hand, there have been games when we have missed him this season.
Ultimately, he's gone to a lower level and that was his choice. I won't slag him too much, but I think he's made a poor choice.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:22 am

I think Milner joined the gravy train, why not get a lump of cash from Liverpool, he took the piss for 12 months and had no intention of renewing his contract, No hard feelings but he is not the Choir boy he makes out, sums up football tbh !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Ultimately, he's gone to a lower level and that was his choice. I won't slag him too much, but I think he's made a poor choice.

I'm in agreement with this. Can't fault the bloke for his efforts with us nor the fact that he chose not to renew his contract. The way we are heading, you'd hope that for the majority who leave our club, their next step will be down
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum