Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
reni800 wrote:Milner cost us £16m plus Stephen Ireland, so in essence he cost us 16m (cos Ireland is dogshit). Although, wasn't Ireland on £50k a week as well?

Spot on. I have been surprised by the down beat nature of his move to the dippers. If it had been a free the other way we would have had headlines like "Milner in £30m deal to city" despite the free transfer. No mention of his £6.5m signing on fee or his £7.5m per annum four year deal anywhere. I have no problem with Milner at all, but the media....

So, there's an agenda then. City lambasted, Sky 4 club praised.

Just wait, he'll be an automatic starter for Hodgson soon, rather than sat on the bench, and rather than getting a 6 in reviews for good effort, he'll automatically start with an 8 for great leadership.

It's the Candle-pool way.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:15 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:Well it looks like Milner is off, so I will be to, it has been nice knowing you guys over the year, cheers.

Do we get a fee?

Are you seriously, really fucking off when he's sold?????

Wow man!

Are you James Milner?

No I am Mr Bloom.

Is that the horticulturalist Adrian Bloom, the leading expert on conifers and who has the garden centre business near Diss in Norfolk ??

I loved your book "Conifers for your garden" and I still have my thirty five year old copy of it, even though it is now falling to pieces.

Respect to you...........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:55 pm

No that's my Brother. I am Ian Bloom the Author of 'Effective Ferns and Grasses for Your Back Passage'.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:38 pm

ruralblue wrote:No that's my Brother. I am Ian Bloom the Author of 'Effective Ferns and Grasses for Your Back Passage'.

The same author of 'How To Trim your Bush For Summer' and 'A Tube Is All You Need To Clear Out The Back Passage'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:09 pm

I'll laugh my arse off if he does his cruciate today - try passing a medical with that
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:I'll laugh my arse off if he does his cruciate today - try passing a medical with that

Bit harsh that. Would piss myself if a rag did though, so I do see where you're coming from
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:I'll laugh my arse off if he does his cruciate today - try passing a medical with that

Bit harsh that. Would piss myself if a rag did though, so I do see where you're coming from

Only shrek. Injuries to the rest would make them stronger.

Huge risk for Milner though. Get a serious injury in these games and he's on the social for the next year
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:23 am

I see Milner has had another sly dig at us this morning. What's the guys problem? We've paid him well for the five years he was with us and he's won more with us than he would have at any other club. He certainly won't be getting a warm reception from me when the murderers come to us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:31 am

The team went backward with him in it, the more games he got, the worse we were, he was never really good enough for us but flattered to deceive with his "workhorse" playing style which was pretty hopeless for the most part
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:49 am

Wooders wrote:The team went backward with him in it, the more games he got, the worse we were, he was never really good enough for us but flattered to deceive with his "workhorse" playing style which was pretty hopeless for the most part

Really? Wow. That's completely the opposite of how I see it. Jimmy was a great servant to our club. I for one will give him a very good reception.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 am

He tells his audience what they want to hear. He's a snake.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He tells his audience what they want to hear. He's a snake.

100%
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby littlebig » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:18 am

Mase wrote:I see Milner has had another sly dig at us this morning. What's the guys problem? We've paid him well for the five years he was with us and he's won more with us than he would have at any other club. He certainly won't be getting a warm reception from me when the murderers come to us.

What did he say?
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:32 am

littlebig wrote:
Mase wrote:I see Milner has had another sly dig at us this morning. What's the guys problem? We've paid him well for the five years he was with us and he's won more with us than he would have at any other club. He certainly won't be getting a warm reception from me when the murderers come to us.

What did he say?

that life was too boring for him at city.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:58 am

He was asked if he re
littlebig wrote:

What did he say?

He was asked if he regretted leaving City after our great start, to which he replied:

"Do I regret it? Not really. I have watched them on the TV – I might have been watching them sitting on the bench if I had stayed at the club."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:05 am

When asked did he regret leaving City he said;

"Not really."

"I have watched them on the TV -- I might have been watching them sitting on the bench if I had stayed at the club."

That's the only quote I can find from him. How is that a dig at City. Looking at what we have in our squad, it's true. He would struggle to get regular time on the field.

I won't be at the City v Liverpool match, so I probably don't really get a say in the matter, but I would be of the same frame of mind as Wonderwall.
The way I see it, 'Us' giving Milner a warm reception would be the classier thing to do and would highlight the difference between City fans and The Dipper fans. You just know that Sterling will be given dog's abuse by them. Let the media see for sure which set of supporters have class and don't forget their own.

Just my tuppence worth!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:15 am

How is that not a dig at City? Are you saying he's openly admitting that he's not a good enough footballer to break in to this City team? I very much doubt he meant that.

What that quote does is discourage any potential player we're linked with from joining us in the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:22 am

He is just being honest though but I can see why it may be interpreted as a dig.

I guess he could have just said that he has no regrets and left it at that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Mase wrote:How is that not a dig at City? Are you saying he's openly admitting that he's not a good enough footballer to break in to this City team? I very much doubt he meant that.

What that quote does is discourage any potential player we're linked with from joining us in the future.

That is total bollocks. If a player thinks they are good enough then they will come. If they don't, then we don't want them to come.

Nothing wrong with what he said, he was justifying his decision. He will change his tune in a couple of years of scouse1 go nowhere. However, he is guaranteed to play and in his favoured role.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He is just being honest though but I can see why it may be interpreted as a dig.

I guess he could have just said that he has no regrets and left it at that.

Interviewer: 'have you been watching City this season?'
Milner: 'yes, they've been playing well.'

That's honest. He doesn't need to add the bit about sitting on the bench. It's sly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum