Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby phips » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:18 am

Sue Perb wrote:Hope you're right?

its not hoping. he's under contract. he can't leave unless we allow him to (loan, sold, contract termination)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 am

He gets far too much fucking game time imo.....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 am

The money we got for SWP and Ned will have been swallowed by the money paid to make them leave, both had contracts. Milner has played well this season, as he looks to be not signing a new deal should we sell him or not ? How come he gets a free pass in most cases he is sent to Coventry by the club and the fans, we are seeing Modern football up and close.
Players as average in ability have become powerful enough to scare fans from booing a cheeky cunt and the club are filling a spot, mental times when 5 mill a year is treated as I will let you know. His worst run of form this season January?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sue Perb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:44 am

phips wrote:
Sue Perb wrote:Hope you're right?

its not hoping. he's under contract. he can't leave unless we allow him to (loan, sold, contract termination)

Understand about his contractual position; my thoughts were around whether we'd be forced to sell him, rather than him go on a Bosman in summer?

The whole team is currently not performing, so I'm not inclined to isolate James, particularly, apropos his individual performance.

If he was sold, I'm convinced that to secure an equivalent replacement player would undoubtedly cost more! Assuming there's one out there, available and he WANTS to join the Manchester Project!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 am

I very much doubt he'd be sold this month Sue. If he doesn't sign then he walks for nothing in the summer but we don't necessarily need to spend any money to replace him, we could already have his replacement in Marcos Lopes who is currently on loan at Lille.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sue Perb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I very much doubt he'd be sold this month Sue. If he doesn't sign then he walks for nothing in the summer but we don't necessarily need to spend any money to replace him, we could already have his replacement in Marcos Lopes who is currently on loan at Lille.

Encouraging and positive, I like it!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Sue Perb

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:25 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I very much doubt he'd be sold this month Sue. If he doesn't sign then he walks for nothing in the summer but we don't necessarily need to spend any money to replace him, we could already have his replacement in Marcos Lopes who is currently on loan at Lille.

Lopes cannot play a holding mid, right wing, left wing, striker, left back and right back

Jimmy has played all these this season. He is a valuable versatile squad member and one i want to keep. However, if he has said he wants to leave and will not sign a new deal. Get rid now and get some money in for him.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:30 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Lopes cannot play a holding mid, right wing, left wing, striker, left back and right back

Jimmy has played all these this season. He is a valuable versatile squad member and one i want to keep. However, if he has said he wants to leave and will not sign a new deal. Get rid now and get some money in for him.

What do we do about replacing him for the rest of the season then?

Jimmy might have played them positions but that doesn't mean he can, well at least not with any great competence.

He is primarily an attacking mid in our squad, the position Lopes plays.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Jimmy might have played them positions but that doesn't mean he can, well at least not with any great competence.

The thing is, we have been fed tripe about the squad for quite some time. Apparently we need two class players for each position? IF so why do we need Mr Versatile? He is the one who allows you to change the game to how you want because he can play in numerous positions. Also he allows for those unexpected incidents like sendings off or injuries to key areas after all the subs have been made. There are tons of reasons for him staying, but he must have indicated whether he is signing or not to the management team. I expect him to sign, if not I will be disappointed with the Spafia for not getting rid and getting some money in.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 am

If Milner was going to sign a new contract he'd have done so months ago.

Either sell now for anything, or we wave him off for zilch on the summer - that's our choice. May as well let him play it out as we are short in midfield anyway.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

The thing is, we have been fed tripe about the squad for quite some time. Apparently we need two class players for each position? IF so why do we need Mr Versatile? He is the one who allows you to change the game to how you want because he can play in numerous positions. Also he allows for those unexpected incidents like sendings off or injuries to key areas after all the subs have been made. There are tons of reasons for him staying, but he must have indicated whether he is signing or not to the management team. I expect him to sign, if not I will be disappointed with the Spafia for not getting rid and getting some money in.

I think short term ( as in until season's end ) we need him, long term not so much.

If we sell him now then we're going to have to spend big to replace him as it will have to be an association trained player that replaces him, I don't believe it's possible to do that with our sanctions.

I'll be disappointed if he goes as I like him and to lose him for nothing would be a real kick in the teeth but I'd rather forego any money we may bring in for him and have him available for the rest of the current campaign.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 am

If Milner has been shrewd enough to run down his contract so that he can leave on a free in the summer, he's hardly going to allow himself to be sold this January.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 am

Then we should hardly be expected to play the cunt anymore then.....Id have a youngster to fill in.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Then we should hardly be expected to play the cunt anymore then.....Id have a youngster to fill in.

Eggsackly. If he wants to go to Liverpool then sell him for a few million.

Start a bidding war for him now. Force him to make a decision. A boring one.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Milner has done a great job this season & will most likely produce some key moments during the rest of the season, including a couple of possibly title winning ones if we do eventually win it.

Dropping him in a fit of pique, because he won't sign a new deal, would be just as stupid as it would have been if we had done the same with Yaya Toure.

If he leaves at the end of the season, he goes as a hero for me who has given everything in a City shirt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Crossie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Did James not see what happened to Adam Johnson?

Would you rather play 25 games a season for relegation contenders, or 20 games a season for The Champions and also pick up 5-6 Champions League games, cup runs, regular silverware and play along side the best players in the world, usually holding your own?

Fuck him if he decides to leave, he's clearly deluded if that happens.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Bags of time for him to sign yet.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sue Perb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Bags of time for him to sign yet.

True, but why is James holding out and not signing a contract, unless he has no intention of signing?

I think keep him. We actually need him, if we're all honest, and then let him go in July.

His contributions between now and season end are more valuable than any financial reward we might accrue by selling him now!

If he goes I will be disappointed, but agree with the sentiment; we can not be held to ransom by anyone individual!

Sue Perb

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Milner has done a great job this season & will most likely produce some key moments during the rest of the season, including a couple of possibly title winning ones if we do eventually win it.

Dropping him in a fit of pique, because he won't sign a new deal, would be just as stupid as it would have been if we had done the same with Yaya Toure.

If he leaves at the end of the season, he goes as a hero for me who has given everything in a City shirt.

This all day for me . Everybody getting pissed off ..we are talking millions of pounds to him he has to consider that. He won't be going to Sunderland or the like .He will be at a top club with the potential of winning things . I would deffo keep him until the end of season and if he goes so be it . As I said in an earlier post he has been a model pro with no fuss . Good luck to the man .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Crossie wrote:Did James not see what happened to Adam Johnson?

Would you rather play 25 games a season for relegation contenders, or 20 games a season for The Champions and also pick up 5-6 Champions League games, cup runs, regular silverware and play along side the best players in the world, usually holding your own?

Fuck him if he decides to leave, he's clearly deluded if that happens.

I agree 100%
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum