Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:26 pm

I'd like him to stay.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd like him to stay.

Then he will stay.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I'd like him to stay.

Then he will stay.

Good.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I really don't understand him, he played almost 120 games for us in 4 years, in a simple math, that means almost 30 games per season from 38 games in the league.

Dave has 148. If that is not regular football time, i don't know what is, really now. Hope he will stay, we really need him.

Many of those were sub appearances and I don't think you are using a number that is only prem matches, are you?

I thought he would have signed by now. If he doesn't sign we can't sell him as others have suggested. He can walk for free and perhaps command a ridiculous salary because he has no transfer fee.

I like him. I don't love him. If he decides to leave then thanks for the effort bro. Good luck.

No, that is overall, not just the PM. It has the Chums League, Cups, etc, but the same goes with Silva too. 120 vs 148.

Silva tho is kicked to death and misses a fair amount due to injury. Whereas James is rarely unfit.

I'm belaboring your point tho...which is valid. He's seen plenty of match time.

Cheers

We've played probably 200 games in that time in all competitions possibly over 220 so he has probably featured in less than 60% which is a criminal underuse of a player who could really player every week on merit. However it would be unfair to compare his ratio of games under Mancini, to the trust he now seems to be enjoying under Pellegrini thus season.

I think the key is that when push has come to shove, hes been left out of a hell of a lot of the REALLY big games during his near 5 years at City

2011 - plays vs Spurs in the Tueday before the FA Cup final and crosses the ball for Crouch to win it for us - on the Saturday at Wembley he is left out

2012 - QPR Clinching game - hes on the bench again

2013 - FA Cup Final, again despite playing a lot in the Cup run including the semi final, hes left on the bench vs Wigan though at least gets on this time

2014 - Capital One Cup Final - as usual, on the bench

2014 - Left on the bench at Klanfield, ridiculously, and comes on at 0-2 and changes the game. Then plays the next 5 vs Sunderland, WBA, Palace, Everton &Villa but come the final day of reckoning vs West Ham he is again left out for Javi Garcia.

Yes hes playing a hell of a lot more this season but is that due to Pellegrini trusting him, or more due to the many injuries we've had? In summation, in 3 Cup Finals and 2 League Title Deciders we've had in his near 5 seasons - he's started none of em. That, in a nutshell, and my opinion the omission last May for Garcia vs West Ham was the last straw and he probably decided then hes offski on his own terms.

He's done his time, ben a great member of the squad and has earned that right.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Herb » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:49 pm

I've liked Jimmy Milner and I think that he's been an important squad member with great effort and a few really notable stand-out displays but I personally feel that players shouldn't hold the club to ransom to force themselves into the team regardless of the manager's selection.
Ergo; If he wants to stay then that's magic, I'm delighted and I'll raise a toast to the fella but I accept that he has every right to take a walk when his contract runs down - that's his choice and it'll say a lot about what he thinks of our club (especially if he forsakes our club, our fans and European football to go to the dodgy dippers) so I won't be lighting a bloody candle if he sets off down the East Lancs because I don't want those who put themselves above the team ethic and club success to hang around.

I should also add that if he weren't english (which ups his status under the racist FA rules) then he wouldn't be good enough for us.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Rogers banging on about him on sky how great jim is bla bla bla.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 pm

sheblue wrote:Rogers banging on about him on sky how great jim is bla bla bla.....

Bagging a City player would be like winning the PL for Brenda, we wouldn't hear the end of it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him lay a wreath on Alan Turing Way, just to show how he rolls.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:16 pm

sheblue wrote:Rogers banging on about him on sky how great jim is bla bla bla.....

There are times I am so glad I dont get sky .I would go through so many Tellies Lol
1st grade cock sucker hate the. Twat
He would be crying like a bitch if Pellers was talking up one of his .
Last edited by carolina-blue on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Superjaw or Barkley perhaps?

Jimmy may have been offered a lower contract in anticipation of him leaving to make room for Barkley. Or Pogba. Or <insert midfield prospect here>
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 am

blues2win wrote:Couple of stories about James in tomorrow's papers. The Mail say City are confident Milner will sign a new contract. By contrast, and worryingly, the Times says Milner has told team mates he sees little chance of staying with City taking the view that it's take or leave it on the latest contract offer.

So which one of his team-mates has bleated to the press?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:30 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Couple of stories about James in tomorrow's papers. The Mail say City are confident Milner will sign a new contract. By contrast, and worryingly, the Times says Milner has told team mates he sees little chance of staying with City taking the view that it's take or leave it on the latest contract offer.

So which one of his team-mates has bleated to the press?

I bet it's the dandruffy cunt.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Pellegrini says Club want Milner to stay and Milner wants to stay. Sure but are the Club prepared to bump up their offer to him? No answer on that.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:41 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ing-closer

Milner gets on well with Manuel Pellegrini, City’s manager, but there is no escaping the fact that he is frustrated with the amount of playing time that he has had under the Chilean and Roberto Mancini before that. Although Milner has featured more regularly this season – he has started 11 Premier League games compared to 12 in the whole of the previous campaign – he is aware that injuries to key players, including Samir Nasri, Yaya Touré and David Silva, have helped his cause at times. When everyone is fit, Milner knows he is not a mandatory pick and is more likely to find himself on the bench.

Being substituted at half-time on Sunday, in the 2-0 home defeat against Arsenal, was a big disappointment and will have done nothing to allay concerns about how he is viewed at City, especially as Nasri was injured for that match and Touré away at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Pellegrini has spoken warmly about Milner’s attributes on plenty of occasions and often expressed his wish to hold onto the player. Yet there was bemusement among Milner’s camp when the City manager intimated earlier this month that an agreement between the club and player was imminent. “I hope that James will stay here and he will sign his contract in the next few days,” Pellegrini said following the 1-1 draw at Everton.

Despite regular and amicable talks with City, the bottom line is that Milner has never been close to signing . Furthermore, while it is likely that the two sides will get together again soon, there are no further discussions scheduled to take place. Perhaps most significantly, it is hard to see how City can satisfy Milner’s desire to be starting more matches.

While the prospect of playing abroad is appealing, and the formal offer that has been tabled in the past fortnight from a top European club has provided serious food for thought, Milner has more to take into consideration since becoming a father last year and it may well be that he arrives at the decision that the timing is not right to venture overseas.

All of which will encourage Arsenal and Liverpool – Chelsea tried to sign Milner when he joined City from Villa but are not believed to be interested this time round – that there is a golden opportunity to pick up an England international, still under 30, on a free transfer in less than six months’ time.

not panicking, but i feel like it's about 50/50 that he ends up staying or going.

why arsenal though? how can he get into their cluttered midfield?

liverpool seems the far more likely destination, as a replacement for gerrard.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:46 am

when our squad is fully fit he's clearly not first choice and im sure he knows that. so if he wants to go somewhere where he is automatic first choice then he better look into some mid table clubs and get used to not winning trophies.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:37 am

Can we not force the Arse and scouse cunts into a bidding war auction right now?

I wouldn't be bothered if he left immediately for just a few bob, as you say.

Fucking...cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 am

It's not about more playing time. He has had plenty. It's a shame but I expect him to go.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Two's Kompany » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:42 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It's not about more playing time. He has had plenty. It's a shame but I expect him to go.

Agree with every word.
If it was about playing time he would have signed.
There are many who say he wouldn't get in our best team, but I think he would for the games against the so called 'big teams.'
Milner would be in my team away at Arse, Chavs, etc, where we tend to play a lone striker.
I think he want's game time in the middle of midfield. He'll get that at Liverpool and to some extent at Arsenal, but he's basically a victim of being such a good utility player.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:02 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It's not about more playing time. He has had plenty. It's a shame but I expect him to go.

Why.dont.we.flog him now then?
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:40 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

because nobody buys players from us?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:30 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

I think he is worth more to us as part of our English quota than the couple of million we would get for him
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum