Site Fixtures updating

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Site Fixtures updating

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 pm

I was wondering if someone could please update the fixtures section on the site? They were last updated towards about 27th September 2014. I always find it interesting to see who's got the TV rights for our forthcoming matches and how the Shalke (or is it Hamburg?) friendly abroad fitted in between our other games?
Many Thanks.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Site Fixtures updating

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:20 pm

I have complained about this a million times over the last 18 months and still its never updated.

I think unless someone like "gimme gimme gimme a fuckign badge" Spazby fills this out on a game to game basis we might as well just bin it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Had a reply from mrm and he will try and get it updated this week
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Had a reply from mrm and he will try and get it updated this week

Can we see a quote from MrM to confirm said action.

Thanks.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Surely someone at some other website, possibly the BBC or even MCFC would think to do something similar.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Scatman wrote:Surely someone at some other website, possibly the BBC or even MCFC would think to do something similar.

The fixture list on this website is the best because it gives the TV rights for each match. I don't know of any other source that does this!
Plain Speaking

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:05 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Scatman wrote:Surely someone at some other website, possibly the BBC or even MCFC would think to do something similar.

The fixture list on this website is the best because it gives the TV rights for each match. I don't know of any other source that does this!

If you include us, then...NONE!

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:54 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have complained about this a million times over the last 18 months and still its never updated.

I think unless someone like "gimme gimme gimme a fuckign badge" Spazby fills this out on a game to game basis we might as well just bin it.

Thanks tubs. I appreciate it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 pm

If it's fairly simple to do I could volunteer - I guess I would say I have slightly obsessive tendencies and large amounts of free time so the prefect combination. I'm not too technically minded though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:If it's fairly simple to do I could volunteer - I guess I would say I have slightly obsessive tendencies and large amounts of free time so the prefect combination. I'm not too technically minded though.

I could do it too, however, MRM has said he updates it using Dreamweaver! I dont have a copy of dreamweaver, although I did go on an introductory and intermediary course back in 2006.
Wonderwall

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:If it's fairly simple to do I could volunteer - I guess I would say I have slightly obsessive tendencies and large amounts of free time so the prefect combination. I'm not too technically minded though.

I could do it too, however, MRM has said he updates it using Dreamweaver! I dont have a copy of dreamweaver, although I did go on an introductory and intermediary course back in 2006.

Give the fuckign keys to Dameerto mate FFS!!!..he's volunteered.
We want this updated every match , not every fucking 5 matches.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm aware of Dreamweaver but I don't have a copy. Maybe there's a way to prepare the information for Mainroad Memories to cut down the amount of time he has to spend doing it? An online document or something? (Like Google docs).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Dameerto wrote:I'm aware of Dreamweaver but I don't have a copy. Maybe there's a way to prepare the information for Mainroad Memories to cut down the amount of time he has to spend doing it? An online document or something? (Like Google docs).

possibly, I will wait for Andy to come on and explain as it doesnt seem that simple.
he has all the images for the TV stations, the types of footballs that link to the match threads etc

I wish it was a s simple as updating a doc and voila.
Wonderwall

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I'm aware of Dreamweaver but I don't have a copy. Maybe there's a way to prepare the information for Mainroad Memories to cut down the amount of time he has to spend doing it? An online document or something? (Like Google docs).

possibly, I will wait for Andy to come on and explain as it doesnt seem that simple.
he has all the images for the TV stations, the types of footballs that link to the match threads etc

Maybe we are trying to make it too complicated, which leads to not being updated as often?
Personally I think we could omit "the types of footballs that link to the match threads"?
I think the TV rights and up to date fixtures and results would be brilliant!
Plain Speaking

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Do away with who has the TV rights ect, just get the time hour and result , nothing else.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Do away with who has the TV rights ect, just get the time hour and result , nothing else.

Havent the BBC and Official City website got this info already?
The forthcoming TV rights linked to City games is unique as far as I know?
Plain Speaking

Postby phips » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:55 am

the page doesn't even load for me on the old "EtihadBlue" style
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus