AC Sh**house Milan are now against FFP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: AC Sh**house Milan are now against FFP

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Keeping in theme so Mikhail, just for you. here's something from Rory Gallagher,

Why ask how I feel, well, how does it look to you?
I fell hook line and sinker, I lost my captain and my crew
I'm standing on the landing and there's no one there but me
That's where you'll find me, looking out on the deep blue sea

I think he wrote it for Slur Alex.

Most appropriate indeed, although the closest that a myopic FergusScum got to a blue-water vision was probably during his time in the Govan shipyards....and that would be a tainted view.

I've never really been a fan of Rory Gallagher but many thanks for quoting those particular lines; I quite like them.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Keeping in theme so Mikhail, just for you. here's something from Rory Gallagher,

Why ask how I feel, well, how does it look to you?
I fell hook line and sinker, I lost my captain and my crew
I'm standing on the landing and there's no one there but me
That's where you'll find me, looking out on the deep blue sea

I think he wrote it for Slur Alex.

Most appropriate indeed, although the closest that a myopic FergusScum got to a blue-water vision was probably during his time in the Govan shipyards....and that would be a tainted view.

I've never really been a fan of Rory Gallagher but many thanks for quoting those particular lines; I quite like them.

From a song called 'A Million Miles Away'.......a bit like their next Premiership Title.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Please don't anybody link Rory to Baconface.

Especially not that song.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Please don't anybody link Rory to Baconface.

Especially not that song.

ah! A fan.
I'd Walk On Hot Coals to defend him also.
Didn't mean to rock your cradle.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:30 am

iwasthere2012 wrote: Having them underestimate us was probably the biggest weapon in our arsenal (spits).
Stalling us is definitely their strategybut nothing I've seen from them has me convinced that they know what their next step is, should throwing money at the problem fail two years in a row. Forget what Neville says, nobody can say that City are not progressing. Regardless of whether we win this year or not.
United winning in the league in 2013 made them think they had seen us off. Our ship had sailed. Only they find out our ship had sailed out to meet the worldwide fleet that we are putting together.

Their next step has already been under discussion and negotiation for quite a while now. Whilst they may well have initially underestimated us, that underestimation didn't last for long. Don't forget that the FFPRs were announced as long ago as under the Hughes reign..

The danger is that we underestimate them and their power to control. A huge number of City fans poo pooed the FFPRs, but asTed says,it has hurt us.It also had the effect of City changing and speeding up the player investment, which was the the way they finally nailled us buy dragging in those contracts we had already.

The difference when Chelsea arrived was that they became absorbed and 2 extra qualifying places were added.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 am

john68 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote: Having them underestimate us was probably the biggest weapon in our arsenal (spits).
Stalling us is definitely their strategybut nothing I've seen from them has me convinced that they know what their next step is, should throwing money at the problem fail two years in a row. Forget what Neville says, nobody can say that City are not progressing. Regardless of whether we win this year or not.
United winning in the league in 2013 made them think they had seen us off. Our ship had sailed. Only they find out our ship had sailed out to meet the worldwide fleet that we are putting together.

Their next step has already been under discussion and negotiation for quite a while now. Whilst they may well have initially underestimated us, that underestimation didn't last for long. Don't forget that the FFPRs were announced as long ago as under the Hughes reign..

The danger is that we underestimate them and their power to control. A huge number of City fans poo pooed the FFPRs, but asTed says,it has hurt us.It also had the effect of City changing and speeding up the player investment, which was the the way they finally nailled us buy dragging in those contracts we had already.

The difference when Chelsea arrived was that they became absorbed and 2 extra qualifying places were added.

They announced they were going to do it, but didn't say what 'it' was, until they found a way of arranging it to stitch us up & let Utd etc off. They watched what we were doing, discussed it with us every step of the way, patted us on the back, & adjusted the rules accordingly, to catch us out.

I'm convinced that the cartel thought it would stop us from spending money & that they would be able to hit us with such penalties that we would be unable to compete & they would run away from us, just like they did the rest of the Premier League all those years ago. We just carried on spending money, & introduced higher levels of sponsorship to cover it. In the end, they managed to get us by nailing us for stuff we did before they'd even told us what the penalties were & that they had led us to believe, would be exempt from the calculations.

We have tried in the last couple of years, to calm things down a bit & not go for the really big deals/wages etc, in order to avoid sanctions, but it did us no good; they just nailed us anyway. At least the work balancing the books these last few seasons has set us up for the future.

But PSG just drove a truck through the barricades, without bothering, THEN took the hit for a season. Now they are through the gates & away. I bet if we could go back in time, we would do the same.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Bang on Ted.

We should have done exactly what PSG did and bought who we liked - Hazard and Sanchez.
We would have had the same fine and probably won another title, with this year's being nailed on as well. Much better chances in the chumps league also.

Fuck these cunts, they rile me up every time.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:Bang on Ted.

We should have done exactly what PSG did and bought who we liked - Hazard and Sanchez.
We would have had the same fine and probably won another title, with this year's being nailed on as well. Much better chances in the chumps league also.

I would have no hesitation in breaking it again (if it's still around) if it was for a big enough player.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14 pm

From memory, albeit a poor one on my behalf, didn't EUFA at first confirm that we had fully complied with FFP, only for them to do a subsequent about-turn and disallow some of our accounting transactions, which then, miraculously, meant that we had "failed" and that a punishment should then ensue ??

Or have I been eating too many magic mushrooms and being completely mistaken ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

From memory, albeit a poor one on my behalf, didn't EUFA at first confirm that we had fully complied with FFP, only for them to do a subsequent about-turn and disallow some of our accounting transactions, which then, miraculously, meant that we had "failed" and that a punishment should then ensue ??

Or have I been eating too many magic mushrooms and being completely mistaken ??

Sort of. Running up to the audits the club openly stated that we would pass but after we submitted our accounts a couple of the regulations were changed slightly which then meant that we could not discard player wages after a certain period so we then failed under the revised regulations. Instead of slipping through we ended up failing the test by about £80 million, I think. And this is why we took the pinch, us knowing, and EUFA knowing, that it was a totally underhand thing to do on behalf of the European superpowers of football.

Strangely, this was at a time when the old G14 were getting a little twitchy and good old David Gill was appointed to oversee FFP.

Some may even think he was there just to make sure we and the likes of PSG, failed, but that's another story.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:09 pm

The club employs two key people who were responsible for setting up European FFP, and maintains a dialogue with UEFA for several years inorder to ensure compliance. At the last moment UEFA alters its interpretation of the rules and we are no longer in compliance.
They massaged the rules to ensure we failed - plain and simple.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:18 am

Dameerto wrote:The club employs two key people who were responsible for setting up European FFP, and maintains a dialogue with UEFA for several years inorder to ensure compliance. At the last moment UEFA alters its interpretation of the rules and we are no longer in compliance.
They massaged the rules to ensure we failed - plain and simple.

You are of course absolutely correct.

It is going to be a good deal harder for them to do it again this year though as we are now in the black. All they can do is stretch out the time it covers. But then a lot of other clubs will fall foul of it as well, ones they don't want to harm.

If indeed it is still in place at all.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:24 am

Wasn't the rule in question the one about players signed before the FFP regulations came into effect? We were told in no uncertain terms that the wages of players signed before FFP came in were not to count towards the FFP balance sheet, then they did. It wasn't a massaging of rules, it was a rug they pulled out from under us.

Also, there was no rule that said FFP doesn't apply to you if you didn't qualify for a European competition the previous season, but knowing that Liverpool would fail, that was all of a sudden a rule.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 am

Slim wrote:Wasn't the rule in question the one about players signed before the FFP regulations came into effect? We were told in no uncertain terms that the wages of players signed before FFP came in were not to count towards the FFP balance sheet, then they did. It wasn't a massaging of rules, it was a rug they pulled out from under us.

Also, there was no rule that said FFP doesn't apply to you if you didn't qualify for a European competition the previous season, but knowing that Liverpool would fail, that was all of a sudden a rule.

All correct.

I wonder what creative scheme they will try to implement this year to catch us and only us. It is going to take some doing.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:32 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:Wasn't the rule in question the one about players signed before the FFP regulations came into effect? We were told in no uncertain terms that the wages of players signed before FFP came in were not to count towards the FFP balance sheet, then they did. It wasn't a massaging of rules, it was a rug they pulled out from under us.

All correct.

I wonder what creative scheme they will try to implement this year to catch us and only us. It is going to take some doing.

They'll take the youth infrastructure regulation and remove it. That'll see us breach by a ludicrous amount and as everyone else is doing fuckall in that regard, it should be a nice single team catch.

Either that or our lack of debt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 am

Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

All correct.

They'll take the youth infrastructure regulation and remove it. That'll see us breach by a ludicrous amount and as everyone else is doing fuckall in that regard, it should be a nice single team catch.

Either that or our lack of debt.

You don't work for UEFA, do you, by any chance? ;-)
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

All correct.

My money's on the rags changing their name to Trafford Park Rangers and UEFA coming up with a rule about clubs with Manchester in their name.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm

If FFP collapsed, the forum would be empty of posts on non-match days. Long live FFP!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:If FFP collapsed, the forum would be empty of posts on non-match days. Long live FFP!

Jorge Mendes now speaking out against FFP, saying it would lose any court case against it.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/01/3 ... UM20150130
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:18 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:If FFP collapsed, the forum would be empty of posts on non-match days. Long live FFP!

Jorge Mendes now speaking out against FFP, saying it would lose any court case against it.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/01/3 ... UM20150130

Clearly bad for business if that cunt is talking about it.

It's an interesting perspective on TPO that he puts forward, which does make a lot of sense particularly for Portuguese clubs who do an excellent job of bringing in South American talent
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum