Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:31 pm

tbh all of our strikers are gash right now, including aguero. i wish we'd gone false 9 last night like we did in dec.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Boneh in....rest of season. Partner Kun and see what's what.

Or play him alone up top and give Kun a rest and a think. He's been lackluster since his return.

I like Silva in behind Bony with Kun on the bench as the best option for a few matches to see what's what.

cheers

I'd actually like to see Bony with Dzeko or Jovetic as well. Not going to happen though unless Aguero gets injured.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Or play him alone up top and give Kun a rest and a think. He's been lackluster since his return.

I like Silva in behind Bony with Kun on the bench as the best option for a few matches to see what's what.

cheers

I'd actually like to see Bony with Dzeko or Jovetic as well. Not going to happen though unless Aguero gets injured.

Bony and Dzeko do not make sense unless u have two best wingers in world , even with that u should play one of the two . For me Board and Menager with this decision failed miserably , becouse u pay this much player in January to have Impact immediately on that season. We have problems all over the pitch it was clear last few games . But i must say that this players and some of tem will go I hope a lot of them in summer deserve respect. They put City on the map, 2 titles, FA and League Cup, just few years ago that was a stuff od dreams.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Bony and Dzeko do not make sense unless u have two best wingers in world , even with that u should play one of the two

Depends though doesn't it. A midfield four with Navas and Milner on the flanks could be energetic enough to cover Yaya's defensive shortfallings and also serve as an outlet for his creativity and supply decent crosses into the box. With Milner on the left flank, Kolarov could definitely play there and do his thing. #Believe
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Bony and Dzeko do not make sense unless u have two best wingers in world , even with that u should play one of the two

Depends though doesn't it. A midfield four with Navas and Milner on the flanks could be energetic enough to cover Yaya's defensive shortfallings and also serve as an outlet for his creativity and supply decent crosses into the box. With Milner on the left flank, Kolarov could definitely play there and do his thing. #Believe

It doesn't have to just be about getting crosses in with them two as a partnership either. Bony is comfortable playing with his back to goal, Dzeko ( like Aguero ) likes to play off the shoulder of the defender, making runs for through balls etc. . It could work really well with that pairing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

cheers

Rather see Bony play off Silva or even Jovetic, but not with Dzeko. Ed has shown very little this season, and Bony is ahead of him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:54 pm

It doesn't have to just be about getting crosses in with them two as a partnership either. Bony is comfortable playing with his back to goal, Dzeko ( like Aguero ) likes to play off the shoulder of the defender, making runs for through balls etc. . It could work really well with that pairing.

Definitely.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby World Toure » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Bony needs starts. Period. we can try multiple combinations around him, as long as he's given chances. He plays well...gets in good position, has great control of the ball. Just hasn't been quite able to finish yet. But that time is coming soon.
World Toure
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Still not convinced, but he's got time .................................. in the 90 against Brom.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bayblue » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Is he the new Jovetic?

Maybe I'm too cynical but something seems very odd about what's been going on. I get he missed the trip put on the 9th July but it's two weeks on now and he's "working on his fitness"......
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:00 pm

bayblue wrote:Is he the new Jovetic?

Maybe I'm too cynical but something seems very odd about what's been going on. I get he missed the trip put on the 9th July but it's two weeks on now and he's "working on his fitness"......

nothing like Jojo's shown us. Bony hasn't been made of glass, and certainly wants to compete. Jovetic shrunk away from the competition and his injuries, imho, were an artifact of not wanting to admit to himself that he might not be good enough for automatic selection.

He'll start every match he wants at Inter and prove it. Watch.

Bony's just got a minor injury and he needs to get in shape for the season. Nothing to see here.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Bony's not injured, he's been ill. Nothing official on what that illness is but the rumour doing the rounds is that he contracted malaria, was over it by the time the squad went to Oz but was kept back at City as a precaution so as not to pass it on to the rest of the squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Malaria isn't contagious. You have to get bitten by an infected mosquito.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:27 pm

blues2win wrote:Malaria isn't contagious. You have to get bitten by an infected mosquito.

Maybe Bony is a hungry lad and they couldn't ensure that he wouldn't go walking dead on the rest of the team?

Related, you had to eat one City player to survive after being trapped in the Andes with them as a guest on their South American tour, which one would it be?

You'd have to admit that Nasri would be tasty in a kebab shop kinda way. However, I might choose a younger, leaner cut of meat tho and take that new Fulham kid. He's like a piece of veal.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Wasn't aware of that, thanks mate. Still, the rest is true, he's been ill and not injured. There's an interview on the OS.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Is a bit odd he didn't travel if he did just have the flu. Maybe it is a more serious, or slightly more serious version?

Maybe a strong upper respiratory infection, or pneumonia or mononucleosis?

The recovery period for these can be longer than a week.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby ruralblue » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:Is a bit odd he didn't travel if he did just have the flu. Maybe it is a more serious, or slightly more serious version?

My guess is avian flu, Ebola and possibly the Spanish flu all rolled into one. He's a big lad he'll deal with it.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:36 pm

I think it is possible that it was just flu. They wouldn't want it spreading through the team at the start of a commercially important tour. Still who knows. He looked fine posing in the gym so he's clearly over whatever it is. Without Aguero for the first game or two we badly need Bony to be ready for West Brom.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:45 pm

ruralblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Is a bit odd he didn't travel if he did just have the flu. Maybe it is a more serious, or slightly more serious version?

My guess is avian flu, Ebola and possibly the Spanish flu all rolled into one. He's a big lad he'll deal with it.

Big enough to bury in a pit of hot coals and then exhume after 12 hours for a community roast/street party?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
blues2win wrote:Malaria isn't contagious. You have to get bitten by an infected mosquito.

Maybe Bony is a hungry lad and they couldn't ensure that he wouldn't go walking dead on the rest of the team?

Related, you had to eat one City player to survive after being trapped in the Andes with them as a guest on their South American tour, which one would it be?

You'd have to admit that Nasri would be tasty in a kebab shop kinda way. However, I might choose a younger, leaner cut of meat tho and take that new Fulham kid. He's like a piece of veal.

cheers

Dunnie. . Kebab fillings for months.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum