Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Postby phips » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:19 pm

couple of nervy touches, which is to be expected, and a surprising miss from a 1 on 1.
as long as he comes good on Tuesday I'll forgive him
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Was a good save to be fair.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:22 pm

I hate the thread resurrection routine.

It's not even to say "I told you so" or "I was wrong."

Message board compost.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:37 pm

'Pull your fucking finger out Bony' I shouted.

It is an ambition to one day shout that at Lionel Messi.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:45 pm

You can do it to Messi on Tuesday as long as you don't really mean it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby freshie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:'Pull your fucking finger out Bony' I shouted.

It is an ambition to one day shout that at Lionel Messi.

You thought he wasn't trying?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Looks a yard slower than the rest of the team. My confidence in him has wavered a bit.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:26 pm

He's new to the club and has new players around him so he'll get benefit of doubt...but if Dzeko puts in similar performances he gets crucified here.
Just saying

Improvement needed.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:He's new to the club and has new players around him so he'll get benefit of doubt...but if Dzeko puts in similar performances he gets crucified here.
Just saying

Improvement needed.

Don't get why you'd have a go at Bony.

As for Dzeko, that lack of effort to close down Boyd's strike was absolutely fucking pathetic, it looked like he was attempting a balletic pirouette, that type of half-heartedness summed up our performance today.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:He's new to the club and has new players around him so he'll get benefit of doubt...but if Dzeko puts in similar performances he gets crucified here.
Just saying

Improvement needed.

As for Dzeko, that lack of effort to close down Boyd's strike was absolutely fucking pathetic, it looked like he was attempting a balletic pirouette, that type of half-heartedness summed up our performance today.

Looked like he was smiling when he was subbed as well to me, as if he just been for a kick about with his lad on the park. Attitude stinks and it's a malaise that is spreading. I don't like it one bit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:22 am

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Just saying

Improvement needed.

Looked like he was smiling when he was subbed as well to me, as if he just been for a kick about with his lad on the park. Attitude stinks and it's a malaise that is spreading. I don't like it one bit

Are u fucking joking here , wow Edin was smiling, if he was mooping tht would not be good either , ( must becouse hes like to lose and he don't care , can't be any other reason ) if he was mooping that would not be good either , How many times i saw Hart after game smiling and joking around with other team players after we lose game ....and Bony come in and hes biger shit then Edin on hes worst day.
Yes bad game from Edin , but i don't see who was very good last night and nobody is mention in Bony thread , Kun and Silva having problem scoring somthing i would score , they where all more less shit second half esspecially .
Our defense is so shit that is panic room when ball is in our half.
Maybe some Burnley turd yell some stupidity to Edin and he smile . On Bony fucking thread slating Edin, on our Beast mark 2 thread, well Negredo deserve that nickname Bony is a Beast mark 2, Edin is dzonkey. You know when he pulls a finger and do somthing I will worry about Edin smile. Becouse what Edin had done for this club , Bony has plenty work to catch up with Negredo let alone , Edin , not to mention Aguero.
It s easy at Swansea walking about when 10 players working for u and u play all games and nowhone is turned up like against us, show that in City .I see fucking nothing and its few games now , nothing that says to me he will be banging like mad witch is the reason hes here.
Now i did not defend Edin for long time , had stinky season , but first one with prolong injury's. I really don't get it, 4 years gone , hes first target still and he must be great and work hes socks off just to not be in category what Moonchesteri said crucified here.
Negredo was mistake to let go for me , he was different player then Edin , a fighter and when u make sub between them u make problems to defense because they play is not the same, and Bony is not an improvment on Dzeko hes not even more mobile then Dzeko, I really can't see what about hes play can make us great.
I think I said it here millions time that we should sell Dzeko and not in PL. Becouse hes not fit for what we wanna play ( witch is kinda to much depends and few players and is so slow ) When we last time score from counter anybody ? Or corner ? And Edin with hes worst game in PL would score two in Bayern ,or whoever had that kind wingers, or near that class and most of you know that ( Navas is not class of Roben and Ribery in fact ,Navas is so obvious u just need to be fast always go on corner flag, always).
.He (Edin) try to adjust hes play, you can se from season to season ,but hes not striker who can drop and make plays and get on winger so we can beat Barcelona or clubs like that .But buy two great wingers play faster u will get much more from him .And Edin gave City much, had bad ones, had great ones.

But we have Aguero who could be Messi only if he did not play and form like a star in Atletico M.,like lone striker . We need fast drop into the tunnels strikers and really need some other player who can replace ,Yaya ,Silva ,Nasri on bad days( like Verratti ), but buy one great one, not five average ones . we need Cavani type of strikers , Ibrahimovic was great idea two years ago. Only big player who can play this .
I really do not defend Edin for shit games, but on Bony thread riping Dzeko when this Bony ( i will walk on CL game when we have one player less ), had like maybe 10 KM runining in all hes games or walking, few good controls becose hes strong ,and miss 5 6 great chances.Hes got a new toy free from jail card,
it . Fucking 4 years and 4 trophy's in witch hes all included like big part of that will he ever get some slack. When Bony pull a fucking finger and do somthing then rip Edin on this thread.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:58 am

Bony way absolutely awful when he came on yesterday. No urgency, no touch. He looked totally uncoordinated and very average.

So far he has not impressed in a City shirt one bit. I don't think we will see any improvement this season either . Perhaps he will come good next season, if he is still on the books.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 am

the guy is worrying me

played well against leicester though

he reminds me of benjani
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:49 am

Nick wrote:the guy is worrying me

he reminds me of benjani

He reminds you of benjani?
Is it his style or his lack of effort?

Or is it because he was signed in January and hasn't scored in all his starts yet?
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nick wrote:the guy is worrying me

he reminds me of benjani

He reminds you of benjani?
Is it his style or his lack of effort?

Or is it because he was signed in January and hasn't scored in all his starts yet?

Adebyor MK11 my said.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Everything about his play reminds me of benjani. He's a benjani who isn't broke, which benjani was when we bought him.

Benjani was never a bad player mind, and neither is bony. But I don't think he is the type of player we need. But I'm not entirely sure who the player we need actually is. Football seems to be a bit shit when it comes to top draw strikers at the minute.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Am I misunderstanding something here or are people ready to write a player off after 5 appearances and a total of 166 minutes of play and not only that, coming here on the back of the African cup of nations and into a team that's clearly having internal problems? I mean, fair enough, everyone has the right to their opinion and there are certainly a number of perspectives you can have on his play, but if you're questioning or writing him off now, it seems to me you are doing so on very shallow grounds. Am I missing something? Who? Where? What?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Am I misunderstanding something here or are people ready to write a player off after 5 appearances and a total of 166 minutes of play and not only that, coming here on the back of the African cup of nations and into a team that's clearly having internal problems? I mean, fair enough, everyone has the right to their opinion and there are certainly a number of perspectives you can have on his play, but if you're questioning or writing him off now, it seems to me you are doing so on very shallow grounds. Am I missing something? Who? Where? What?

It's nothing short of ridiculous
Original Dub

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Give the lad a chance
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Am I misunderstanding something here or are people ready to write a player off after 5 appearances and a total of 166 minutes of play and not only that, coming here on the back of the African cup of nations and into a team that's clearly having internal problems? I mean, fair enough, everyone has the right to their opinion and there are certainly a number of perspectives you can have on his play, but if you're questioning or writing him off now, it seems to me you are doing so on very shallow grounds. Am I missing something? Who? Where? What?

It's nothing short of ridiculous

Just like slagging off Dzeko for far better performances.
But this is mcf.net, this place is mental :-)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum