Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Regardless of CL, someone's got to go to balance the books. We had an allowed net spend of £49m. I'm still not clear what happens in regard to add ons ie is Bony £25m or £28m for FFP purposes?

From my poor memory, below are what we spent and recouped in summer and so far in January.

Mangala 40
Willy 3
Fernando 12
Zuccelini 1.5
Bony 25
Total 81.5

Negredo 25
Nastasic 1.5 (loan)
Total 26.5

Net 55

If that's right, it means raising a further £6m. Sinclair will be a couple of million, so the rest is needed from somewhere. Maybe another loan fee or a loan with commitment to buy for someone like Jovetic?

Javi Garcia to Russia for £12+ million.

Mangala is 32 mil not 40, the press are lying. Willy was about 6 I think. I think Javi was about 13.

Rodwell rumoured to be about 10 mil to Sunderland. Barry 2 mil, Huws 2.5.

Looking at that lot, we would have spent about 76.5 mil, including Bony, & brought in, about 27.5. So it's perfect; just under the allowed spend.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Regardless of CL, someone's got to go to balance the books. We had an allowed net spend of £49m. I'm still not clear what happens in regard to add ons ie is Bony £25m or £28m for FFP purposes?

From my poor memory, below are what we spent and recouped in summer and so far in January.

Mangala 40
Willy 3
Fernando 12
Zuccelini 1.5
Bony 25
Total 81.5

Negredo 25
Nastasic 1.5 (loan)
Total 26.5

Net 55

If that's right, it means raising a further £6m. Sinclair will be a couple of million, so the rest is needed from somewhere. Maybe another loan fee or a loan with commitment to buy for someone like Jovetic?

Javi Garcia to Russia for £12+ million.

Mangala is 32 mil not 40, the press are lying. Willy was about 6 I think. I think Javi was about 13.

Rodwell rumoured to be about 10 mil to Sunderland. Barry 2 mil, Huws 2.5.

Looking at that lot, we would have spent about 76.5 mil, including Bony, & brought in, about 27.5. So it's perfect; just under the allowed spend.

Christ, i forgot Rodwell! And yes, they are lying about Mangala.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:07 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:See, my thinking is the other way, Dzonkey is a proven striker and worth money, also he has earned the right to play as a team's first striker rather than it's third, hell he practically dragged us to the title at the end last season.

JoJo needs to turn his shit around, most players aren't 100% all the time but they manage to play on anyway, I get the feeling he needs to toughen the fuck up. If we let him go now, it'll be another Adebayor farce with loans where we pay his wages, transfer fees where we continue to pay him after he leaves, all manner of shit I'd rather we not deal with.

I think he'll go, as he doesn't fit.

But he'll be a better finisher than Nasri, whether he goes or stays & anyone who says otherwise, is a tit.

Jojo has scored 74 in 227 at club level and 13 in 35 at INTL level.
Nasri has scored 62 in 440 at club level and 5 in 41 at INTL level.

Imagine if Jovetic was fucking fit? Glass-made cunt. it is hard to compare their contribution tho, since they play different roles. I'm not even sure why this comparison is an argument tbh.

However, I wouldn't trust Jojo to stay around. And just for the record, I value Nasri's contribution far above Jovetic's. And luckily this inane argument is NOT the decision anyone will actually make.

cheers

Jovetic has done ok, just not been a spectacular success. But currently he's scoring at a decent rate.

Nasri suffers from Silva overshadowing his contribution & taking his job imo.

He is working really hard for the team, but I don't think it's the job he wants. He has to play 2nd fiddle to Silva & he'd rather be doing Silva's job. But he just gets on with it & lets Silva take all the credit.

Still rarely shoots though, unless he has a brainstorm.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:04 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:See, my thinking is the other way, Dzonkey is a proven striker and worth money, also he has earned the right to play as a team's first striker rather than it's third, hell he practically dragged us to the title at the end last season.

JoJo needs to turn his shit around, most players aren't 100% all the time but they manage to play on anyway, I get the feeling he needs to toughen the fuck up. If we let him go now, it'll be another Adebayor farce with loans where we pay his wages, transfer fees where we continue to pay him after he leaves, all manner of shit I'd rather we not deal with.

Are you assuming that the Nigerian Nacho is the 4th striker? If so, i can perhaps buy your logic. It's how Daniel Levy would approach things i think. However, i'd still keep Jayko. Scores goals that matter. You can't buy that with any certainty.

And yes the deep deep irony of me defending BozSpaz is...heartfelt.

cheers

If Nacho is good enough for 4th, I'd certainly want that to be the case. I think having a 4th come from the ranks(even if briefly) will open up the Count's thinking to pushing through others. Especially players like Pozo, Lopes and if we believe Doug, Barker.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 am

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Are you assuming that the Nigerian Nacho is the 4th striker? If so, i can perhaps buy your logic. It's how Daniel Levy would approach things i think. However, i'd still keep Jayko. Scores goals that matter. You can't buy that with any certainty.

cheers

If Nacho is good enough for 4th, I'd certainly want that to be the case. I think having a 4th come from the ranks(even if briefly) will open up the Count's thinking to pushing through others. Especially players like Pozo, Lopes and if we believe Doug, Barker.

Would a 4th striker role would get enough game time necessary for a young developing talent? May be better for an older striker who doesnt mind sitting on the bench, (like Chelsea have done bringing back Drogba?)
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:26 am

Actually playing without a striker got Silva scoring a bit more. The holy grail in his position is 20-20; 20 goals and 20 assists. Only Yaya's got close to that I think. Nasri can shoot with profit witness the cracker in Rome. He also scored that crucial goal against Chelsea at home when we won the League first time round. Both Nasri and Silva should be scoring more.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:34 am

blues2win wrote:Actually playing without a striker got Silva scoring a bit more. The holy grail in his position is 20-20; 20 goals and 20 assists. Only Yaya's got close to that I think. Nasri can shoot with profit witness the cracker in Rome. He also scored that crucial goal against Chelsea at home when we won the League first time round. Both Nasri and Silva should be scoring more.

but not when we play with 2 strikers.

Are you saying "we should not play with 2 strikers" cuz if so, next time...i'd mention that you think we shouldn't play with 2 strikers.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:36 am

Iheanacho (permit willing) will force his way in sooner or later if he gets the chance to show what he can do imo. But we have to consider that he's not kicked a ball in a serious football game for a long long time. Whether he is so talented that he can immediately pick up the pace of the Premier League this season, or whether it will take til next season, I've no idea, but he might possibly be that good. And then there's the possibility Nigeria U20s will grab him.

If he is around, then with Bony added to the squad, one of Dzeko or Jovetic might be seriously pissed off in a few months time; not even being 4th striker.

Statistically, this season, Dzeko is actually the lowest ranked striker at City, for scoring, finishing accuracy, & in possession of the ball. But he has proved himself in the past. Still though, if he's shit when he gets his chance next, he has a problem.

The Count is hinting at a bit of a 'shootout' situation to see who gets the Champions League spot. That may be the case as to who survives next season.

Re Lopes; rumour has it he's almost fit again. We really need him to get some work done at Lille, or otherwise we'll have to loan him out again next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:52 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Iheanacho (permit willing) will force his way in sooner or later if he gets the chance to show what he can do imo. But we have to consider that he's not kicked a ball in a serious football game for a long long time. Whether he is so talented that he can immediately pick up the pace of the Premier League this season, or whether it will take til next season, I've no idea, but he might possibly be that good. And then there's the possibility Nigeria U20s will grab him.

If he is around, then with Bony added to the squad, one of Dzeko or Jovetic might be seriously pissed off in a few months time; not even being 4th striker.

Statistically, this season, Dzeko is actually the lowest ranked striker at City, for scoring, finishing accuracy, & in possession of the ball. But he has proved himself in the past. Still though, if he's shit when he gets his chance next, he has a problem.

The Count is hinting at a bit of a 'shootout' situation to see who gets the Champions League spot. That may be the case as to who survives next season.

Re Lopes; rumour has it he's almost fit again. We really need him to get some work done at Lille, or otherwise we'll have to loan him out again next season.

Interesting, what's he said that gives you this impression?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:56 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Iheanacho (permit willing) will force his way in sooner or later if he gets the chance to show what he can do imo. But we have to consider that he's not kicked a ball in a serious football game for a long long time. Whether he is so talented that he can immediately pick up the pace of the Premier League this season, or whether it will take til next season, I've no idea, but he might possibly be that good. And then there's the possibility Nigeria U20s will grab him.

He said we have til the last days of January before we decide which players get the Champions League places, meaning it's up for grabs. (That of course will include the likes of Kolarov, not just the strikers).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He said we have til the last days of January before we decide which players get the Champions League places, meaning it's up for grabs. (That of course will include the likes of Kolarov, not just the strikers).

Cheers, I was wondering about Kolarov, he played just 93 minutes CL football this season and 90 of them were away to CSKA, so on that basis he won't really be missed.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 am

I'm not saying we should never play with two strikers, just noting that Silva has scored one or two more when we didn't play with any recognised striker. My own view is that playing with two strikers requires the strikers to press hard high up the pitch and also for one of them to drop back into midfield when we haven't got the ball. Against the Barcelonas of this world I'd play Aguero up front on his own, play both Ferns and relieve Yaya of heavy duty defensive responsibilities. I just don't think against these kind of times you can afford to get out manned in central midfield. Against a lesser team at home two up front would be fine especially with Bony coming in to press much more effectively than say Dzeko.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Would a 4th striker role would get enough game time necessary for a young developing talent? May be better for an older striker who doesnt mind sitting on the bench, (like Chelsea have done bringing back Drogba?)

It's not a bad thought, but I wouldn't expect Nacho to sit around as 4th striker all season. He'd probably have played more in the last 6 weeks than we'd have wanted him to and I expect any young striker to be moving up or moving out. If he started the season as 4th striker and ended the season the same way with the opportunities he would have had this season, I'd say we could move him on.

Sadly the face is while we have Aguero, there is always going to be games for the squad players and they can either step up or step aside. And if Nacho was 4th choice behind JoJo, I'd expect better application and reliability to move him ahead of the delicate princess.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 am

It seems to be done now. Newsnow has just lit up!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 am

john@staustell wrote:It seems to be done now. Newsnow has just lit up!

that well trusted source, the ivory coast's fa have confirmed it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30812168
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:57 am

Breaking on SSN. Ivory Coast have announced it. Bizarre
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Newsnow IS the source - it amalgamates the sources!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 am

john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

SSN developing story now says City say deal not yet done. Will believe it when he has a shirt on and Txiki has his arm round his shoulder
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:33 am

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

SSN developing story now says City say deal not yet done. Will believe it when he has a shirt on and Txiki has his arm round his shoulder

but was does newsnow say?? that is THE SOURCE
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:36 am

john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

That's like saying a forum is a source cos we amalgamate all online opinions into here.

In that instance we're all sources! Sauce everywhere. Shotgun being ketchup.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum