Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Credit where it's due. Played well when he came on. Play like that every time and we win far more than we lose
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:Credit where it's due. Played well when he came on. Play like that every time and we win far more than we lose

If he played like that every week, he'd start a lot more.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:36 am

fair play to him.

got lucky with a goal and had a nice pass to Raheem. although, i didnt expect him to actually pass to Raheem. shocked he did.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:46 am

Played well all round.

Never doubted ye for a minute captain Mainwaring
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:38 am

Maybe that's the turning point for him. He will know that he's not been good enough but I'm hoping he can kick on.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Scatman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:21 am

Didn't he have a decent game playing alongside Sterling a few weeks ago, Bournemouth I think, and then go back to being shit?

Is it a run of form he needs? More time with Sterling? Or is he just far too inconsistent to be here?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Scatman wrote:Didn't he have a decent game playing alongside Sterling a few weeks ago, Bournemouth I think, and then go back to being shit?

Is it a run of form he needs? More time with Sterling? Or is he just far too inconsistent to be here?

Confidence and a decent run of scoring, in my opinion.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Scatman wrote:Didn't he have a decent game playing alongside Sterling a few weeks ago, Bournemouth I think, and then go back to being shit?

Too inconsistent imho - the problem we have is that to have a quality replacement for Aguero from the bench is pretty unlikely unless it comes via youth or an ageing star - Bony is probably our best bet (would be the same if it was Vardy etc), but we need to have his inconsistent performances in none crucial matches. He did really well from the bench, but I'm not confident he'll do it week in week out
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:10 pm

We are in danger of chasing off a decent striker. This guy is nowhere near as bad as is being suggested.
He should have started last night, the ball was being pinged across the box with nobody to get on the end of it. At least The Count eventually rectified it.
When he did come on, he played well and made a difference to the outcome. His goal scoring record this season is fine, most sides would be delighted to get that return from their forwards. He has hardly got going on his City career and is finding the net. This isn't Dzeko of last season type poor at all.
It's getting Edghill like. Pathetic
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We are in danger of chasing off a decent striker. This guy is nowhere near as bad as is being suggested.
He should have started last night, the ball was being pinged across the box with nobody to get on the end of it. At least The Count eventually rectified it.
When he did come on, he played well and made a difference to the outcome. His goal scoring record this season is fine, most sides would be delighted to get that return from their forwards. He has hardly got going on his City career and is finding the net. This isn't Dzeko of last season type poor at all.

I totally agree with this. He also opens up space for the other players and is a great target player. I E. He contributes plenty when not scoring as well. Of course he's had his off days, but only when the rest of the team is playing poorly as well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Bony and City need a run now. Post half a dozen wins and we can put a lot of things to bed
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We are in danger of chasing off a decent striker. This guy is nowhere near as bad as is being suggested.

I totally agree with this. He also opens up space for the other players and is a great target player. I E. He contributes plenty when not scoring as well. Of course he's had his off days, but only when the rest of the team is playing poorly as well.

Also agree. I said a while back that he needs a decent run to find form and fitness. It has been frustrating at times, but he has a proven track record. He brings a different dimension and we've lost enough decent strikers in recent history. Whoever we have up front will always live in Aguero's shadow. I reckon we continue to invest in the guy, he hasn't really had a chance yet.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:39 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Also agree. In the match thread I noted we needed Bony on for the exact reason of there being no focal point for the attack. Lo and behold we then had an outlet.

In the main, I like him, but he is is a confidence player I think and stop starting like he has been doing does neither him nor the team any good. Hopefully he can get a run going and it isn't as if he isn't scoring goals
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

I still think he is slow and shite.

He did have a good cameo on Tuesday though I admit that
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:32 pm

So slow and shite that he has the joint most assists in this year's CL group stages.

6 goals and 6 assists in 12 starts in all comps this season also ain't too shabby for someone that's struggled to find form.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:So slow and shite that he has the joint most assists in this year's CL group stages.

6 goals and 6 assists in 12 starts in all comps this season also ain't too shabby for someone that's struggled to find form.

I'm delighted with him as back up to Aguero. Nice return of goals and assists when we needed it.

I can't think of a better striker that would have moved to us to play second fiddle, so all the other garbage about him being shite and "not good enough" etc. was a bit silly really.

Excellent back up striker. Just a pity we have needed our plan b so much this season. Plan a will always be better.
Original Dub

Postby roblues » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Completely agree with what you're saying here, but at least his performances show that he can deal with the abuse. There will always be an Edghill because some of us always have to have someone to shit on when things get tough. Hate it, but this is and always has been a part of the club.

I'll never forget my first experience standing on the Kippax, the look of shock on my dad's face when I asked him to explain the shout from behind..."Andy Hill you lazy twat!"
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:00 pm

When he passes or shoots with the inside of his foot, it looks like someone is guiding his legs in a crude way as if you would do with a cat or a toddler.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby blues2win » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:46 pm

He played decently against BMG but he was lucky with his goal. A shit effort which was going wide but rebounded nicely for an easy finish.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I still think he is slow and shite.

He did have a good cameo on Tuesday though I admit that

Same. And he was indeed very very good. Unfortunately, it was an anomaly.

I wonder if he'll kick on, or if he'll turn back into The Pony?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum