Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wilfred Bony - possible January Signing

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Why do you introduce Kaldoon ?
If it was Kaldoon's decision to let Edin go, then he clearly does not know what he is talking about.

Because he mentioned players leaving in his end of season video message, specifically saying those who had served us well, and seemed very upbeat about it.

Oh dear ! Edin went on pre season tour, was still a City player as the season began , it seems pretty clear to me ( as he wrote when he left) that he did not want to leave us and i think it was more the Spafia than Kaldoon that brought this on.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:48 pm

I have had time to reflect on yesterday's performance and I have analysed the first to last minute of said game in a very calm manner.

My final conclusion - Bony is a fuckign lump of shit who does not belong in our squad , let alone our team. He can get fucked off asap as I never ever want to see him in our team again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have had time to reflect on yesterday's performance and I have analysed the first to last minute of said game in a very calm manner.

My final conclusion - Bony is a fuckign lump of shit who does not belong in our squad , let alone our team. He can get fucked off asap as I never ever want to see him in our team again.

Valid points there Carl.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have had time to reflect on yesterday's performance and I have analysed the first to last minute of said game in a very calm manner.

Interesting.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
zuricity wrote:
If it was Kaldoon's decision to let Edin go, then he clearly does not know what he is talking about.

Because he mentioned players leaving in his end of season video message, specifically saying those who had served us well, and seemed very upbeat about it.

Oh dear ! Edin went on pre season tour, was still a City player as the season began , it seems pretty clear to me ( as he wrote when he left) that he did not want to leave us and i think it was more the Spafia than Kaldoon that brought this on.

He didn't write anything about not wanting to leave.

Bony, despite his struggles is just one goal shy of Dzeko's tally last season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:35 pm

I can see by your analysis that there was a pattern throughout that led to a fundamental problem resulting in a weakness with in the team, how very astute lol.
Last edited by everyonehatesus on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Is this your audition for rat boys job.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:00 pm

ibm has watson, sap has hana, we have carl
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:47 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I agree he probably didn't want to leave, but the writing seemed to be on the wall for him, especially when Manuel wouldn't confirm he was staying and hardly played him on the tour. My opinion is that the football managers (team manager and director of football) decided to get rid of several players at the end of the season (Jovetic, Dzeko) and that Kaldoon knew this when he made that video.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:17 am

Edin's body language said everything last season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

ibm has watson, sap has hana, we have carl

I think you are being most unkind to Carl and Watson, their influence has been around for a long time and also in the future SAP hana is just another Office plaything that will slowly choke SAP.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby gillie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:01 am

Some players only fit in certain systems or clubs Bony was a great fit at Swansea but in our system he is the proverbial square peg in the round hole and will never fit.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:35 am

gillie wrote:Some players only fit in certain systems or clubs Bony was a great fit at Swansea but in our system he is the proverbial square peg in the round hole and will never fit.

Spot on.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:42 am

craigmcfc wrote:
gillie wrote:Some players only fit in certain systems or clubs Bony was a great fit at Swansea but in our system he is the proverbial square peg in the round hole and will never fit.

Spot on.

And this sums up my feelings 100%

This from Craig Bellamy.

'"Pace all day long, don’t give me a centre-forward who is 6ft4 but can’t run in behind. He can hold it up? Yeah, great. But if I’ve got a small centre-forward who might be able to hold it up, but he can run in behind and cause a threat going that way, all day long I’m going for pace.'

Some cunts on here should just listen to me and nod their heads.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:05 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Spot on.

And this sums up my feelings 100%

This from Craig Bellamy.

'"Pace all day long, don’t give me a centre-forward who is 6ft4 but can’t run in behind. He can hold it up? Yeah, great. But if I’ve got a small centre-forward who might be able to hold it up, but he can run in behind and cause a threat going that way, all day long I’m going for pace.'

Some cunts on here should just listen to me and nod their heads.

Bony at Stoke, was a waste of a shirt, but as we have decided to go with 3 all season what ya gonna do, Sergio injured 3 times a season, world class but a sick note. Playing the Kid in bursts is what we had to do. That is out of the window now, needs must and Bony is being carried, despite the fact he is nailed on for games with Kun out. Start the Kid he is a better footballer which will suit us better than a lump.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ray78 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:34 pm

He will not win the Balon D'or in his career and pace has never been part of Bony's game, but it is the case of writing him off at your peril. The Goat had got similar type of abuse earlier on his City career and left the club as a cult legend. Strikers feed off confidence and at this time he could do with a bit of a boost imo.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Ray78 wrote:He will not win the Balon D'or in his career and pace has never been part of Bony's game, but it is the case of writing him off at your peril. The Goat had got similar type of abuse earlier on his City career and left the club as a cult legend. Strikers feed off confidence and at this time he could do with a bit of a boost imo.

I think he's eaten enough of them already. Frankly, Goater would do a better job, as at least he'd be in the box for the tap ins. I'd say it's like playing with 10 when we've got him, but it's more like playing against 12 with the way he breaks down everything we try
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Ray78 wrote:He will not win the Balon D'or in his career and pace has never been part of Bony's game, but it is the case of writing him off at your peril. The Goat had got similar type of abuse earlier on his City career and left the club as a cult legend. Strikers feed off confidence and at this time he could do with a bit of a boost imo.

I think he's eaten enough of them already. Frankly, Goater would do a better job, as at least he'd be in the box for the tap ins. I'd say it's like playing with 10 when we've got him, but it's more like playing against 12 with the way he breaks down everything we try

Like I said, potential game changer
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ray78 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Never doubted the lad :D
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Thought he did well when he came on gave them a lot to think about and made space for the others, particularly raheem.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum