Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

a. Return as agreed at the end of December
2%
b. Extend to mid-February until the return of Yaya
36%
c. Extend until the end of the season
62%
d. Other - reason stated in thread
No votes

Total votes : 84

Re: Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby freshie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:02 pm

The Turd Rail can fuck off
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:18 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Lampardgate: Where are MLS and New York City FC?

EDITORIAL - So let me get this straight — the opinions of U.S. Men’s National Team coach Jurgen Klinsmann were so severe that Don Garber had to field an embarrassing impromptu press call to address the situation, but no one is coming forward to clarify this New York City FC Frank Lampard debacle?

If ever there was a time for Garber to demonstrate his promise of transparency, this is it.

We are now on the third day of Lampardgate, and all anyone can come up with is conjecture and secondary reporting to explain the entire mess. By now, it is almost an accepted fact that Lampard never had a contract with New York City FC. That, in turn, means Lampard never had a contract with Major League Soccer. That means both NYCFC and MLS have lied to us.

All of us.

And no one is answering for their role.

People can grind their axe against NYCFC all they want, but MLS is complicit in this entire fiasco, and that alone should require some form of response.

So why is everyone so quiet?

Is it the embarrassment of MLS starting their 20th year by feeding into their interminable minor league image? Are both organizations just tossing the ball around to figure out who will fall on their sword for the greater good of American soccer?

The silence is deafening, and the only folks who are made to suffer are those who support the beautiful game across America. Oh yes, this is bigger than just the Third Rail. This is larger than the nearly 12,000 season ticket holders who have plunked down their nonrefundable deposits to support a second New York team. This is bigger than New York soccer.

Lampardgate is about MLS. About American soccer. NYCFC aren’t the only ones made to look like second class “Citizens” in this entire affair. On their 20th anniversary, and just seven short years from Garber’s goal to make the league a global player, MLS is looking as plastic and propped up as ever, quietly sitting in a $100 million dollar cash pool while City Football Group circumvents Fair Play rules to meet their own ends.

No wonder Garber was so elusive about the Lampard situation in his recent Reuters interview. “All player personnel decisions are made by the club. I have great confidence in the management in New York and the ownership and their representatives,” he said. “I am sure in due time they will be able to deal with this issue but it is not something that the league is going to weigh in on in any way.” Nevermind the fact that all player contracts get ratified by the MLS offices. Nevermind the long and illustrious history of MLS involvement in player acquisition (Clint Dempsey and Michael Bradley anyone?!).

Yes, player personnel decisions were taken by NYCFC — but when was MLS going to tell us they weren’t in the loop?

At this point, media members have grown accustomed to the clandestine operations of NYCFC. Whether by choice, lack of infrastructure, or mandate, New York’s latest professional franchise has kept everything close to the vest. Even the simplest requests seem to go ignored and unexplained — and frustratingly so.

Sadly, this behavior has come to be accepted.

MLS, however, has no excuse. NYCFC is making a laughing stock of the league with this Lampard situation and the controversy deserves more response then Garber washing his hands of the entire affair. Instead of celebrating 20 years of growth in the domestic professional soccer realm, we are reminded just how far off MLS is from being a global player.

That seems slightly more detrimental than Klinsmann encouraging players to test themselves in the highest levels of professional soccer, doesn’t it?

Someone needs to take a leadership role. Someone has to take responsibility. Someone has to speak for this black eye on MLS and American soccer.

Now who is it going to be? The MLS Commissioner? Or the tone deaf people who tweeted this mere hours after their franchise was dragged through the mud?

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/lampardga ... ork-31195/

I smell a rag-like sense of self-entitlement.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I smell a rag-like sense of self-entitlement.

No you smell someone from New York. But I understand where they are coming from. NYCFC has lied to their fans and the media since the team was announced. The way Ted and Spartacus has described the structure of the CFG and the fans should just accept it. That wasn't has been coming from NYCFC marketing/PR team.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Michigan Blue » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:38 pm

The hardcore MLS support tends to have a real inferiority complex when it comes to the major European leagues, so there was always going to be an over-the-top reaction from some corners over here.

If NYCFC was in the same position we are and needed to hold on to a Melbourne City player for the run-in, I suspect the NYC fans would not care a jot about the first few weeks of the A-League season.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Seems like they are getting a lot of free press before they have even kicked a ball.

Much ado about nothing.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:28 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

No you smell someone from New York. But I understand where they are coming from. NYCFC has lied to their fans and the media since the team was announced. The way Ted and Spartacus has described the structure of the CFG and the fans should just accept it. That wasn't has been coming from NYCFC marketing/PR team.

If the NYCFC fans have been told something different about their position in CFG which gives them any reason to think that they are an equal patner in this relationship, I would be open to hearing the sources.

The last lines of the article above, about secrecy etc, sounds more like the press taking the huff about what we have come to appreciate at City after decades of circus antics in the media, the club going about its business quietly and efficiently and without media fanfare. Again, this 'secrecy' seems more to me like the 'fans' and the media have completely misjudged the way CFG operate and are expecting some sort of full public admission of the group's competetive strategy.

I do however feel that the fans are owed an explanation, although I myself had wondered in the last few days about the role of MLS in all this and think the article is fair in that both parties need to come clean about whether fans have been misled.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

If the NYCFC fans have been told something different about their position in CFG which gives them any reason to think that they are an equal patner in this relationship, I would be open to hearing the sources.

The last lines of the article above, about secrecy etc, sounds more like the press taking the huff about what we have come to appreciate at City after decades of circus antics in the media, the club going about its business quietly and efficiently and without media fanfare. Again, this 'secrecy' seems more to me like the 'fans' and the media have completely misjudged the way CFG operate and are expecting some sort of full public admission of the group's competetive strategy.

I do however feel that the fans are owed an explanation, although I myself had wondered in the last few days about the role of MLS in all this and think the article is fair in that both parties need to come clean about whether fans have been misled.

I agree that their fans are entitled to an explanation. I think they should also be offered refunds.

However, seeing as it is now transpiring that Frank Lampard has never actually been a NYC player, & has a contract with MCFC, & seeing as those fans complaining don't have any connection with MCFC, & seeing as it was NYC who advertised Lampard; if we follow their fans' thinking on our relationship with NYC, what the fuck has it got to do with us that they don't have Lampard ?

They say it's wrong we should hold onto their player & are blaming us for all kinds of stuff. But it transpires, he's actually our player who we will eventually allow to go over there.

Their argument is therefore with their own club, not with us. Unless of course they see themselves as just an offshoot of our club. In which case; shut up then, you know how it works. They can't have it both ways.

Either they are independant & therefore it's their own club they have a problem with, or they are part of our club, in which case we come first.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 am

i saw something online today that Lampard might stay through the 2015-2016 season. hah.
makes sense. he's English, he's performed well for us, and he's clearly still too good to go to MLS right now
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Premier League clarify Lampard situation

The Premier League have announced they have no problems over Manchester City's contract with Frank Lampard.

As 2014 came to a close, there was some confusion as to how the Blues had managed to extend the midfielder's stay at the Etihad and have him registered for their New Year's Day game.

While there has been talk over who Lampard has signed a contract with, the Premier League say they have assurances that the player has no agreement with teams other than the Blues.

“Frank Lampard is registered as a Manchester City player until the end of the 2014/15 season," a statement read.

“The Premier League has sought and received assurances from Manchester City that there is no agreement in place between the Club or City Football Group with New York City FC relating to the player.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... on-8407664?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:52 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Premier League clarify Lampard situation

The Premier League have announced they have no problems over Manchester City's contract with Frank Lampard.

As 2014 came to a close, there was some confusion as to how the Blues had managed to extend the midfielder's stay at the Etihad and have him registered for their New Year's Day game.

While there has been talk over who Lampard has signed a contract with, the Premier League say they have assurances that the player has no agreement with teams other than the Blues.

“Frank Lampard is registered as a Manchester City player until the end of the 2014/15 season," a statement read.

“The Premier League has sought and received assurances from Manchester City that there is no agreement in place between the Club or City Football Group with New York City FC relating to the player.”

The official now fuck off you American cunts and media slugs statement from the Premier League

How very nice of them . Just need Maureen to choke on it aswell now :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:26 pm

City64 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Premier League clarify Lampard situation

The official now fuck off you American cunts and media slugs statement from the Premier League

How very nice of them . Just need Maureen to choke on it aswell now :-)

Yep and sell him back to Chelsea in the summer when Maureen has to leave trophyless.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Should we demand an apology from Wenger or threaten him with being sued for slander?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Should we demand an apology from Wenger or threaten him with being sued for slander?

Nah ,

He has just made a proper cunt of himself yet again .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Should we demand an apology from Wenger or threaten him with being sued for slander?

What has the tw*t in the hat done now ??
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:51 am

zuricity wrote:

What has the tw*t in the hat done now ??

Nothing new, but he made all sorts of accusations when we 'loaned' Lampard. Today had just proven that he was slandering City based on conjecture. I think Pellegrini should call him a voyeur.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:16 am

Looks like SFF/City have released a statement to the MEN. To me, it sounds like he did have a contract with NYCFC but also had a sub-contract with us.

The statement read:

"I want to make it completely clear about my situation as I have read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days.

"When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYCFC for two years starting January 1st 2015.

"I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York.

"This period has since been extended by Man City and I now will start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season.

"There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone.

"I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York and giving everything to the team to make us a success in the MLS as soon as possible.

"Thanks everyone for you ongoing support and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2015!."
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Looks like SFF/City have released a statement to the MEN. To me, it sounds like he did have a contract with NYCFC but also had a sub-contract with us.

The statement read:

"I want to make it completely clear about my situation as I have read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days.

"When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYCFC for two years starting January 1st 2015.

"I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York.

"This period has since been extended by Man City and I now will start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season.

"There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone.

"I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York and giving everything to the team to make us a success in the MLS as soon as possible.

"Thanks everyone for you ongoing support and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2015!."

I see it contradicts the FA statement, and doesn't really clarify anything.

I assume the devil is in the detail of he word 'agreement' rather than contract
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:35 am

Note the word 'Commitment', as if to say a pre-contract?

So, he signed a commitment to play for NYCFC and signed a contract with us so that he would be allowed to play, if needed. Both parties agree that SFF can stay on with the commitment to join NYCFC moving to the right until Jul 15. Simples.

Either way, he's here with us for the foreseeable.

That'll do me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Nice to see City take Ashley Cole on a short term deal, If only to headfuck Jose.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:They say it's wrong we should hold onto their player & are blaming us for all kinds of stuff. But it transpires, he's actually our player who we will eventually allow to go over there.

Their argument is therefore with their own club, not with us. Unless of course they see themselves as just an offshoot of our club. In which case; shut up then, you know how it works. They can't have it both ways.

Either they are independant & therefore it's their own club they have a problem with, or they are part of our club, in which case we come first.

I think thats the problem is the marketing/PR have been saying that NYCFC are independent of MCFC. But it doesn't appear to be that way. But then who do you place the blame on mixed messages coming out of this. The marketing/PR team is located in Manchester and not NY. I understand CFG do things a certain way but if they want to succeed in NY they will have to adjust or they will fail. So far they haven't done that. Also people outside of the U.S. don't understand how important supporter groups are over here. The clubs that work with their supporter groups are the most successful. Just to make things clear I'm glad Lampard is staying and I don't care if he ever plays for NYCFC. I don't support any teams in MLS I just follow the league as a whole.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum