Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

a. Return as agreed at the end of December
2%
b. Extend to mid-February until the return of Yaya
36%
c. Extend until the end of the season
62%
d. Other - reason stated in thread
No votes

Total votes : 84

Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:30 am

Quite a simple question really, after our reputation being so-called 'tarnished' with the ongoing question of 'Should Lampard return to the MLS as originally agreed?', I was wondering what your thoughts were.

I've given a few choices in the Poll but please feel free to voice another opinion in here.

There are obvious implications for each:

a. would leave us short in the midfield and Lampard's experience, and game, would be sorely missed.
b. this may piss-off the NYCFC fans but help us out for a limited time.
c. this would really piss-off the NYCFC fans and could lead to fans walking away before it's even played a game - we'd be alright though!

So, a tricky one but and I'd go for option b, covering our bases whilst still respecting NYCFC and their fans.

What are your thoughts?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:53 am

C for me . Fuck everyone else , Frank is a top class footballer and has fitted in exceptionally well , the MLS can wait for now !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:43 am

City64 wrote:C for me . Fuck everyone else , Frank is a top class footballer and has fitted in exceptionally well , the MLS can wait for now !

Wouldn't that upset the NYCFC franchise, and their supports in-turn?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:46 am

I don't think our owners will shaft NYCFC but I expect a stay till the end of January.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:48 am

Think he'll be here till Yaya returns from ACON. His job will be done by then. Wish he stays until the end of the season though.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:09 am

I'm all in favour of him staying till Yaya gets back. It covers our backs for that period and he still gets to start the new season in the USA from the first game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:27 am

ive gone for b, but aint NYCFC coming over soon to start training at our place. so I would think that it make sense for him to stay here and train with both teams then he will know the NYCFC players and go over in the 2nd week of feb
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:23 pm

I don't care about a few people sulking if he starts with NYC late, as they will get all kinds of good shit from City over the coming years to make up for it & he will be there for some time once he arrives.

It could be the last time he ever gets to be involved in a Premier League title race, & he is one of the most influential players of the Premier League era. He deserves to be allowed to finish his Premier League career in style, rather than used for marketing purposes, & NYC should let him do it.

He will turn up for the main part of their season as a key player, not an old hasbeen, simply because of his involvement with City this season & any 'fans' who are so mortally wounded by him arriving a few months late, are most likely going to walk out at the first bad set of results anyway & won't be any use to the club long term. The ones who are going to stick around, will reluctantly accept that it's a big thing both for MCFC & for Frank Lampard; winning the Premier League, & they are getting a better, sharper, quality player because of that, rather than a 2nd hand toy thrown out by Chelsea .

Lampard wants to do this, & they should cheer him on, then welcome a champion into their team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:43 pm

If nycfc get the shits with us surely sheik should just remind them whose boss.

He's been a bigger influence than I anticipated and fuck he's grown on me. Keep him as long as we can.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't care about a few people sulking if he starts with NYC late, as they will get all kinds of good shit from City over the coming years to make up for it & he will be there for some time once he arrives.

It could be the last time he ever gets to be involved in a Premier League title race, & he is one of the most influential players of the Premier League era. He deserves to be allowed to finish his Premier League career in style, rather than used for marketing purposes, & NYC should let him do it.

He will turn up for the main part of their season as a key player, not an old hasbeen, simply because of his involvement with City this season & any 'fans' who are so mortally wounded by him arriving a few months late, are most likely going to walk out at the first bad set of results anyway & won't be any use to the club long term. The ones who are going to stick around, will reluctantly accept that it's a big thing both for MCFC & for Frank Lampard; winning the Premier League, & they are getting a better, sharper, quality player because of that, rather than a 2nd hand toy thrown out by Chelsea .

Lampard wants to do this, & they should cheer him on, then welcome a champion into their team.

Absolutely and, since we've been forced to play without any forwards at the moment, our goal-scoring midfield complement must be maintained up to strength (especially with Yaya's disappearance to ACON becoming imminent), in case our striker shortage woes continue further until the end of the season.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:10 pm

I don't give the tiniest little clinker about New York City Football Club.

He stays with City. If the New York people don't like it, stiff shit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Looking at the figures so far we're at 2/3rds to stay the season and 1/3rd to cover until Yaya is back. It's interesting that people see NYCFC as a subsidiary of MCFC rather than a standalone club, and we should do all what is best for City, and nothing more. Being a City fan for many years I can see where people are coming from, we look after ourselves, but on the other hand Frank Lampard was signed for NYCFC and loaned him to us (Or is it the MLS that have loaned him to us on behalf of NYCFC?) so there should be some respect in that agreement.

The reason this thread came about was because when I was reading an article there was a link to a NYCFC forum (which I thought strange because they've not even played a game yet). They have a thread on this exact subject and it seems there is a lot of animosity been caused with the reporting of events. The 'New' supporters of NYCFC don't seem to see the club as part of the CFG but see it as a standalone club that should be doing MCFC no favours. In fact, I got the distinct impression that these new supporters were followers of other PL teams and have turned to a club of their own in the states.

One thing it may do is harm their introduction into the MLS with fans knowing that we're going to poach players willy-nilly to better our own needs whilst their club becomes subservient. I'm not sure if that's what our custodians want.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:20 pm

see what business we do in jan and then decide
in the meantime make sure he's got enough appearances to ensure he picks up a league winners medal and then private jet him back for the presentation - when he'll don a full kit john terry style!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Looking at the figures so far we're at 2/3rds to stay the season and 1/3rd to cover until Yaya is back. It's interesting that people see NYCFC as a subsidiary of MCFC rather than a standalone club, and we should do all what is best for City, and nothing more. Being a City fan for many years I can see where people are coming from, we look after ourselves, but on the other hand Frank Lampard was signed for NYCFC and loaned him to us (Or is it the MLS that have loaned him to us on behalf of NYCFC?) so there should be some respect in that agreement.

The reason this thread came about was because when I was reading an article there was a link to a NYCFC forum (which I thought strange because they've not even played a game yet). They have a thread on this exact subject and it seems there is a lot of animosity been caused with the reporting of events. The 'New' supporters of NYCFC don't seem to see the club as part of the CFG but see it as a standalone club that should be doing MCFC no favours. In fact, I got the distinct impression that these new supporters were followers of other PL teams and have turned to a club of their own in the states.

One thing it may do is harm their introduction into the MLS with fans knowing that we're going to poach players willy-nilly to better our own needs whilst their club becomes subservient. I'm not sure if that's what our custodians want.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/20 ... nch-21-may

Manchester City Football Club are proud to announce, in partnership with the New York Yankees, the acquisition of the Major League Soccer’s 20th expansion club.

The new team will be named New York City Football Club (NYCFC) and expects to begin play in 2015.

“We proudly welcome two of the most prestigious professional global sports organizations to Major League Soccer,” said MLS Commissioner Don Garber.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I don't think our owners will shaft NYCFC but I expect a stay till the end of January.

He will be here beyond January.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby phips » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:55 pm

ruralblue wrote:Think he'll be here till Yaya returns from ACON. His job will be done by then. Wish he stays until the end of the season though.

this. theres no point to him leaving to go train in NY for 2 months. he'll leave when Yaya gets back and join up with NYCFC before the MLS season starts
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Herb » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:07 pm

I can hardly believe the arrogance of some posters on here - it's rag-cafe-esque in it's 'we're the centre of the universe' attitude.

Some things to consider: -
We don't own NYCFC = Fact
NYCFC do own Super-Frank = Fact
City Football Group own MCFC outright but are 'part' owners of NYCFC, Melbourne City FC and Yokohama F.Marinos - they have a responsibility to all of their businesses and also to their business partners = Fact
If we were NYCFC fans we'd have every right to want what was best for our club
If we were the directors of NYCFC we'd have a legal obligation to act in the best interests of our business
We should be grateful to have had Frank on loan and grovelling lay delighted to have had the loan extended to February
We would be twats if we expected NYCFC to automatically bow to the interests of MCFC - if a deal is struck it must be in their favour as much as ours.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Herb wrote:I can hardly believe the arrogance of some posters on here - it's rag-cafe-esque in it's 'we're the centre of the universe' attitude.

Some things to consider: -
We don't own NYCFC = Fact
NYCFC do own Super-Frank = Fact
City Football Group own MCFC outright but are 'part' owners of NYCFC, Melbourne City FC and Yokohama F.Marinos - they have a responsibility to all of their businesses and also to their business partners = Fact
If we were NYCFC fans we'd have every right to want what was best for our club
If we were the directors of NYCFC we'd have a legal obligation to act in the best interests of our business
We should be grateful to have had Frank on loan and grovelling lay delighted to have had the loan extended to February
We would be twats if we expected NYCFC to automatically bow to the interests of MCFC - if a deal is struck it must be in their favour as much as ours.

The thread was titled do we think he should stay or go.

I think he should stay and couldn't give a fuckign rats arse what the NYCFC think about that.

And another thing , if MCFC want him to stay then he will stay.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Can we sign him permanantly in January?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Looking at the figures so far we're at 2/3rds to stay the season and 1/3rd to cover until Yaya is back. It's interesting that people see NYCFC as a subsidiary of MCFC rather than a standalone club, and we should do all what is best for City, and nothing more. Being a City fan for many years I can see where people are coming from, we look after ourselves, but on the other hand Frank Lampard was signed for NYCFC and loaned him to us (Or is it the MLS that have loaned him to us on behalf of NYCFC?) so there should be some respect in that agreement.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/20 ... nch-21-may

Manchester City Football Club are proud to announce, in partnership with the New York Yankees, the acquisition of the Major League Soccer’s 20th expansion club.

The new team will be named New York City Football Club (NYCFC) and expects to begin play in 2015.

“We proudly welcome two of the most prestigious professional global sports organizations to Major League Soccer,” said MLS Commissioner Don Garber.

If the City Football Group wants NYCFC to be a success then they need to send Lampard back. They already have two strikes against them. The stadium situation and the kits. It might take them years to fix their image if ever. Right now they are seen as next coming Chivas USA the MLS club Chivas Guadalajara (Liga MX) started. A club that was just shut down this year because of how poorly they had been run and the small support they had. Another similarity between Chivas USA and NYCFC is they both have well supported clubs in their city to compete with LA Galaxy and New York Red Bulls.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum