Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

a. Return as agreed at the end of December
2%
b. Extend to mid-February until the return of Yaya
36%
c. Extend until the end of the season
62%
d. Other - reason stated in thread
No votes

Total votes : 84

Re: Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:Can we sign him permanantly in January?

It would be up to MLS not NYCFC or MCFC. His contract is with the league and not the club.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:01 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Can we sign him permanantly in January?

It would be up to MLS not NYCFC or MCFC. His contract is with the league and not the club.

Seems to me then, if that is the case and Frank being a high profile signing, we have little chance of extending the loan and we may have to look to an arrangement for the permanent signing if we want him to stay.

Worth doing, for my money
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Send Nastasic there and keep Frank.

On a serious note, we need to do everything to keep this fella here, he is top class by far, we need a player like that in our squad, a natural killer instinct.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby AG7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:09 am

Very simple ... he can extend his stay for a little bit while joining NYCFC squad who will be based at the same CFA anyway, so train and play with City till let's say end of Jan ... should we say he plays his last game for us 31st Jan? He's already joint fourth with Thierry Henry on the PL all time goal scorers list, surely by then he'd have passed him and taken that 4th spot on his own. He can then score a winner for us in his last game (oh, that'll be us playing at Stamford Bridge btw) and then he can go to NY, bye bye ... job done!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby AG7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:16 am

AG7 wrote:Very simple ... he can extend his stay for a little bit while joining NYCFC squad who will be based at the same CFA anyway, so train and play with City till let's say end of Jan ... should we say he plays his last game for us 31st Jan? He's already joint fourth with Thierry Henry on the PL all time goal scorers list, surely by then he'd have passed him and taken that 4th spot on his own. He can then score a winner for us in his last game (oh, that'll be us playing at Stamford Bridge btw) and then he can go to NY, bye bye ... job done!

Oh, and while we are at it, isn't David Villa's loan expiring at Melbourne around now as well ... maybe we should loan him from NYCFC for Jan/Feb as well and keep him match-fit for them for their start of the season, while our strikers take their time getting fit for us ... that'll help piss a few more people off here in PL :)
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:29 am

Would love to see him stay. Don't really know what kind of animosity that would cause in NY. I think our owners value their reputation and do want to be seen to do things the right way. I would think that whatever the outcome, they will have thought it through and decided what is best in the long term. They don't seem to do quick fix solutions, not unless it fits with their long term plans.......if that makes sense.
Anyway I would favour him playing with City during their preseason training in Manchester, if that happens. If he has to go then, so be it, but would love to see him stay to the end.
Would go as far as to say I would love to see him signed on a year contract. I think you would get another year at the top from him, used sparingly, playing him the way City do.
But that won't happen.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:54 am

The guy is too good for the MLS and a chance to win more trophies with another team, not sure he'd want to leave right now either.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:13 am

I'd like him to stay until the end of the season. But I think he'll stay until end of Feb / beginning of March and then head to New York.

I think the owners will want him to start at NYCFC as he's key to the new club building a name for itself. However, I think Lampard himself, Pellegrini and all the players at City are hoping he stays with us. He's definitely still got the ability to perform at the top level and has been a superb addition to the squad so far this season. It will be a shame to see him leave if he does go.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:26 am

I'd like us to stick to our word. And as Aaron says, our owners seem to think their public perception as honourable people is important. Hopefully he can stay to Yaya gets back. Then we say "Thanks Fatty" and wish him well.
The New York thing is important too.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Spurge » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

No brainer for me - option C
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:25 am

A good time for SFF to return?

New York City FC are crossing the Atlantic and heading to Manchester in February.

Ahead of their first campaign in Major League Soccer, Jason Kreis’ team will train and play two exhibition matches at City Football Academy – the soon to be opened first team and youth development training facility next door to the Etihad Stadium.

Two exhibition matches will take place at the 7,000 capacity Academy Stadium on the CFA site on 10 and 15 February. The opposition is to be announced shortly.

Before departing for Manchester on 6 February 2015, the team will come together for the very first time on a week-long warm weather training camp in Florida from 24 January to 2 February 2015. The team will train at Patton Park in Jacksonville, a specialized soccer training facility previously used by the U.S. Men’s National Team ahead of their last summer’s World Cup in Brazil.

Head Coach Jason Kreis is certain that these plans give the squad the perfect spring board into their first campaign.

“It’s so exciting to be able to share the details of our first pre-season and to be talking about the squad coming together for the first time. It’s what we’ve all been working towards and it will be great to be with the team on the training pitch,” Kreis declared.

“The training camp in Florida will be vital in determining the condition of the squad, getting to know one another both on and off the field, and bringing us up to the fitness levels required to take part in high level football matches.”

“We’ve had plenty of time to talk, to research and to plan, so I am absolutely sure that we’re giving ourselves the best possible chance to hit the ground running in MLS. Pre-season should be a time to work hard and focus on the season ahead but it should also be fun, it needs to be a balance of both. Brining a roster together for the first time is a challenge and I‘m pleased we have such a great pre-season planned to help us do that.”

Director of Football Claudio Reyna revealed his excitement at using the prospect of being at City Football Academy in Manchester, stating his belief that New York City will be making use of a world leading facility.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to visit the site of City Football Academy at various points throughout its construction,” Reyna told NYCFC.com. “I can say with no reservations that we couldn’t be going to a better place to prepare for our historic first season.”

“City Football Academy has fantastic sporting facilities with everything we need for a great ten-day stay in Manchester, on and off the pitch. We’re all really excited about the new year and the prospect of seeing a team on the field in our shirt for the first time, and I know our supporters are too.”

Calendar

Florida training camp: 01/24/15 – 02/02/15

City Football Academy, Manchester: 02/06/15 – 02/16/15

Exhibition Match - 02/10/15

Exhibition Match - 02/15/15

Carolina Challenge Cup: 02/19/15 – 03/01/15
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 am

Whilst MCFC are my number one concern in this, I think we have to see it from the point of view of the NYCFC franchise and the club's owners.

Sheikh Mansour wants the 'City Brand' to be known worldwide, hence the investments in New York, Australia and Japan. If MCFC are seen to be bullying these other clubs, then their fan-base could well start to resent us - that is not what the AbuDhabi Group want!

We should keep him for as long as possible whilst ensuring that he is available for the beginning of the new MLS season.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:58 am

King Kev wrote:Whilst MCFC are my number one concern in this, I think we have to see it from the point of view of the NYCFC franchise and the club's owners.

Sheikh Mansour wants the 'City Brand' to be known worldwide, hence the investments in New York, Australia and Japan. If MCFC are seen to be bullying these other clubs, then their fan-base could well start to resent us - that is not what the AbuDhabi Group want!

We should keep him for as long as possible whilst ensuring that he is available for the beginning of the new MLS season.

My sentiments exactly mate.

One point to note is that the majority of their new fans will not also be aligned with MCFC, at the moment. I've noticed that a lot of Americans already have a PL team and more than likely they will have allegiances to the Rags, Dippers, Arse & Chelsea as these are the teams that are shown more often than not in the states. That means that those allegiances will have the same discontent surrounding our club, just as they would for supporters over here.

Now, that would probably lead me to say 'Fuck 'em' but at the same time I understand their is a business need here and to alienate your customers before a game is played just doesn't make good sense. Some of these fans are looking for an identity of their own and once on board I'm sure they'll see the benefit of being on side with the CFG. At present though, the tribal rivalries are very much on show.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:58 am

King Kev wrote:Whilst MCFC are my number one concern in this, I think we have to see it from the point of view of the NYCFC franchise and the club's owners.

I don't think we should force NYC to do without him, but if their manager etc is wiling to go along with it, then we should certainly keep him.

I think we need to make sure that we show all the various rags, Liverpool & Arsenal fans who are already hating City whilst talking about supporting NYC, that Manchester City are at at the head of this organisation, & they will be supporting a City team, in New York. We are the parent club, & it's not some place where they can all sit & slag us off; we are part of the same thing. City winning the Prem, is a goal for the whole organisation not just here. And the other clubs winning their leagues, is an eventual goal for us here as part of that.

If they want to do whinge about that, they should support another team, not a City team.

Establish how it works, now & make sure they get it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:09 am

That's a wierd one Ted, you think that they won't have their own identity and that they are only there for MCFC?

All clubs in the CFG are, and should be independent clubs, otherwise, we may as well just all be CFG supporters worldwide with no real loyalty to our local club.

Maybe one day it would be nice to watch a day of CFG realted football, starting with the likes of Melbourne City and finishing with NYCFC, but the reality is that I will only be looking for one club, and that is MCFC. Maybe that's what the other clubs in the group want, just their own club with the added bonus of being part of the wider group. That will not include having your best players stolen when MCFC have a shortfall.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:13 am

Beefymcfc wrote:That's a wierd one Ted, you think that they won't have their own identity and that they are only there for MCFC?

All clubs in the CFG are, and should be independent clubs, otherwise, we may as well just all be CFG supporters worldwide with no real loyalty to our local club.

Maybe one day it would be nice to watch a day of CFG realted football, starting with the likes of Melbourne City and finishing with NYCFC, but the reality is that I will only be looking for one club, and that is MCFC. Maybe that's what the other clubs in the group want, just their own club with the added bonus of being part of the wider group. That will not include having your best players stolen when MCFC have a shortfall.

No, I didn't say that, at all.

I said that the whole thing is a CITY organisation, so therefore, each club supports its sister clubs. The head of that organisation is MCFC.

If people resent City, ie rags etc, they should not become NYC supporters, as NYC are part of City, & vice versa. They should be supporting a rival club.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That's a wierd one Ted, you think that they won't have their own identity and that they are only there for MCFC?

I said that the whole thing is a CITY organisation, so therefore, each club supports its sister clubs. The head of that organisation is MCFC.

If people resent City, ie rags etc, they should not become NYC supporters, as NYC are part of City, & vice versa. They should be supporting a rival club.

That's fine, so as independent clubs with independent supporters then they have a right to support whoever they want, yes?

So, if they live in New York and wish to follow their local team, they should be allowed, yes?

As a club, and a league, who have contracted a player, they should have every right to see that player turn up at an arranged time and not have another club force the issue, especially as the player in question is the lead brand?

Would it be OK for us to lend NYCFC Sergio Aguero until the start of the season, say, when we're playing a title rival, only for them to say 'Sorry, we're keeping him until Christmas.'?

All relevant questions Ted and looking at it from both a supporters and CFG position, I'd suggest that respect has to work both ways and that having a club in other countries is about teamwork, not just MCFC.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 am

I note the vote is a lot closer now, 58% to 42%. I wonder if the debate has actually changed anybody's mind?

Should've really allowed a re-vote.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:58 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That's fine, so as independent clubs with independent supporters then they have a right to support whoever they want, yes?

So, if they live in New York and wish to follow their local team, they should be allowed, yes?

As a club, and a league, who have contracted a player, they should have every right to see that player turn up at an arranged time and not have another club force the issue, especially as the player in question is the lead brand?

Would it be OK for us to lend NYCFC Sergio Aguero until the start of the season, say, when we're playing a title rival, only for them to say 'Sorry, we're keeping him until Christmas.'?

All relevant questions Ted and looking at it from both a supporters and CFG position, I'd suggest that respect has to work both ways and that having a club in other countries is about teamwork, not just MCFC.

Would it have been ok for Sheikh Mansour to take over Stuart Pearce's City team, buy us a new squad of players plus David Villa & Lampard then tell us we have to wait a couple of months longer for Lampard yiou mean ?

Absofuckinglutely it would have been, 100% perfectly fucking utterly, brilliantly fine. As it should be for anyone who is being given a club from nothing.

It's not fine, by rags, Arsenal & Liverpool supporters who live in New York & want City to fail.

But allowed to support the club? How the fuck would I stop them ?

But they need to understand they are supporting a City team which is part of the City football group & is majority owned by City. I'm not sure some of them actually realise that, as they are bitter rags & scousers, & therefore want nothing to do with City, & are actually avidly against City.

They need it spelling out that they are supporting a City team, therefore if they hate City, they should not be supporting our organisation.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Would it have been ok for Sheikh Mansour to take over Stuart Pearce's City team, buy us a new squad of players plus David Villa & Lampard then tell us we have to wait a couple of months longer for Lampard yiou mean ?

Absofuckinglutely it would have been, 100% perfectly fucking utterly, brilliantly fine. As it should be for anyone who is being given a club from nothing.

It's not fine, by rags, Arsenal & Liverpool supporters who live in New York & want City to fail.

But allowed to support the club? How the fuck would I stop them ?

But they need to understand they are supporting a City team which is part of the City football group & is majority owned by City. I'm not sure some of them actually realise that, as they are bitter rags & scousers, & therefore want nothing to do with City, & are actually avidly against City.

They need it spelling out that they are supporting a City team, therefore if they hate City, they should not be supporting our organisation.

The relationship with the other teams in the CFG will evolve over the coming years and as with all evolution there may be small factors with big consequences that you wouldn't expect.
I would think that the owners and management teams will give this a lot of consideration and try to choose the right option for the long term plan.
Us fans naturally want him to stay as we see it as best for City in the short term.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum