Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

a. Return as agreed at the end of December
2%
b. Extend to mid-February until the return of Yaya
36%
c. Extend until the end of the season
62%
d. Other - reason stated in thread
No votes

Total votes : 84

Re: Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:09 am

Halnone, you're fucking joking right?

So 'fans' of a club which hasn't even kicked it's first ball in anger, have already started giving up their season tickets, in anger at news reports (as that's currently all this is) that a player CITY FOOTBALL GROUP are funding, is likely to play for the parent club a while longer.

NYCFC are a fucking subsidiary of CFG, and in all likelihood the entire premise of the club is to facilitate loans and transfers between it and other clubs in the group.

Eg, as per any corporation, CFG will direct it's assets in the direction in which the return will be greatest, and that, in the case of Lampard, is clearly withing the premier league at this present time.

Nothing rag like about Ted's point, it's the reality of the situation, and until such time that the financial returns in Australia and USA become comparable to the premier league, the supporters (and I use that term very loosely in the case of NYC) clubs had better fucking get used to that situation.

I have a little more sympathy were this situation to happen in Australia, as their fans didn't sign up for this arrangement, but the NYC 'fans' can go and get fucked
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:00 am

halnone wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
halnone wrote:I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

They have one team owned by red bull that isn't even in the city, and now they have another team that will always be second to Man City. They own Lampard and don't even have a say where he goes.

Seeing as they had FUCK ALL. And have now been given a club, a team, David Villa & Frank Lampard, plus the use of the training facilities & infastructure of the Premier League Champions & most likely the best football setup in the history of the fucking world, all immediately without even KICKING A FUCKING BALL. More then we had in A HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS.

I suggest that rather than feeling sorry for them, you feel what a stuffy bunch of fuckers they are compared to 99.99 % of football supporters anywhere in the world, ever.

Jesus H Christ.

i would expect this type of arrogance from rag cafe. God forbid there are football fans somewhere in the world that want to have a club that isn't part of some global brand that is already fucking them over by not giving their player back.

The whole thing is a joke and i wish we never started these "sister clubs". It's just tarnishing our image. Some people I know in NY have already canceled their season tickets because NYCFC is just looking like a farce at this point.

pmsl
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:59 am

halnone wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
halnone wrote:I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

They have one team owned by red bull that isn't even in the city, and now they have another team that will always be second to Man City. They own Lampard and don't even have a say where he goes.

Seeing as they had FUCK ALL. And have now been given a club, a team, David Villa & Frank Lampard, plus the use of the training facilities & infastructure of the Premier League Champions & most likely the best football setup in the history of the fucking world, all immediately without even KICKING A FUCKING BALL. More then we had in A HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS.

I suggest that rather than feeling sorry for them, you feel what a stuffy bunch of fuckers they are compared to 99.99 % of football supporters anywhere in the world, ever.

Jesus H Christ.

i would expect this type of arrogance from rag cafe. God forbid there are football fans somewhere in the world that want to have a club that isn't part of some global brand that is already fucking them over by not giving their player back.

The whole thing is a joke and i wish we never started these "sister clubs". It's just tarnishing our image. Some people I know in NY have already canceled their season tickets because NYCFC is just looking like a farce at this point.

If some of the cunts are giving their season tickets back, then it's working.

Get rid of the shithouses who want everything handed to them on a plate, & build a proper club with proper supporters. Those kind of whinging cunts will just be a pain in the arse year in year out & find something new to moan about every season. Probably want the manager sacking after two months if they're not top of the league.

Fuck 'em.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Get rid of the shithouses who want everything handed to them on a plate, & build a proper club with proper supporters. Those kind of whinging cunts will just be a pain in the arse year in year out & find something new to moan about every season. Probably want the manager sacking after two months if they're not top of the league.

Fuck 'em.

Too right, starting with Lampard heading up the start of the campaign.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Absolutely silly remarks about a new club.

The New York tri-state area is Massive and is a great Cosmopolitan City, with enough potential .

Brooklyn alone has about 2+ million people. Easily enough to support NYCFC by itself.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Get rid of the shithouses who want everything handed to them on a plate, & build a proper club with proper supporters. Those kind of whinging cunts will just be a pain in the arse year in year out & find something new to moan about every season. Probably want the manager sacking after two months if they're not top of the league.

Fuck 'em.

Too right, starting with Lampard heading up the start of the campaign.

If they are so desperate for Lampard to start, then he will start. We would not force them to release him. We would offer them something to compensate & try to keep all sides happy (apart from the whinging cunts, who can just fuck off).

We pay for a club, a team & probably eventually a stadium & get called cunts for doing it because we would like to borrow a player for a few weeks due to us being shit on by ffp ?

Everybody is so keen to suck the dicks of a bunch of fair weather fans, nobody is considering what we actually get out of it.

They are getting a huge amount more from City, than we are getting from them even including Lampard, & it's not even close. Some of these wankers seem to think they are entitled to it, for free. They are not.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Official statement from both Clubs. Fat Frank's contract with City has been extended till end of EPL season.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby AG7 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:24 pm

blues2win wrote:Official statement from both Clubs. Fat Frank's contract with City has been extended till end of EPL season.

Here it goes:

Manchester City can confirm that it has extended Frank Lampard’s contract up to the end of Manchester City’s season, enabling his continued participation in both domestic and European campaigns.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Nice one. Suck on that Wenger
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby AG7 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:Nice one. Suck on that Wenger

Twitter is in meltdown ... Chelsea fans don't know what to do with themselves ... are encouraging NYCFC fans and new season ticket holders to withdraw their season tickets and ask for refund, lol.

Now a sub appearance by him and an injury time winner on 31st Jan at Stamford Bridge is all we need ... :D

Can't wait for Sunday Supplement already, Paddy Barclay back please!!!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Nice one. Suck on that Wenger

Post of the year! And you left it so late....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:41 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Image

B ..... rilliant ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:37 am

i wonder if we're sending someone (Ian Nacho) their way in return
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby AG7 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:54 am

Two interesting quotes off Twitter (two separate journos):

"Lampard has been a City player since the day he arrived, not a NYCFC player on loan. Was scheduled to change today, but now much later."

"Lampard #MCFC deal was not loan but season-long contract signed as free agent with break clause scheduled to end his stay at midnight 31 Dec"

So apparently Frank had actually signed with us (MCFC) as a free agent and not NYCFC last summer and it was probably going to cause too much of an uproar at Chelsea (and likes of Wenger of course) and probably Frank wanted it kept low key so they never really announced him but used NYCFC as a backdoor.

OR

It was a loan as initialy announced and he is an NYCFC player but because original loan finished Dec 31 ... and our window doesn't open till Jan 3 this year so Khaldoon's lawyers came up with this plan to back date his agreement and sign him from July for one year contract with a break-clause to be exercised on Dec 31 and him moving on to NYC but since that clause is not exercised by all parties, the contract continues and thus he is still our player and is available for Jan 1 game ...

Whichever of the above two happened here ... Maureen, Wenger, Barclay and a whole lot of others are rolling in their beds tonight with a big itch ... Happy new year boys! Well done City, that truly is two middle fingers to all!!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:10 am

phips wrote:i wonder if we're sending someone (Ian Nacho) their way in return

Maybe Cole or similar ?

Tbh though, surely it's not even that long he'll be missing for ?

Hilarious to find out he's not even their player anyway & it's actually us who are giving him to them rather than vice versa.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Durham said on talk shite a few minutes ago that us signing Lampard reaks of "desperation"
Yeah right, one of the greatest English midfielders in recent years and probably ever. Already with six goals under his belt......his goals per minute ratio this season must be phenomenal.

I am delighted with this news and he comes across to me as a thoroughly nice fellow and it must be incredible not only for our established players to play alongside him, but he must also be a truly positive influence on our up and coming players.

I'm already wanting to win the title this year more than I did last year because the disrespect that the media is showing us this season is beyond belief, even worse than last season when every scouser on the planet were ushered before us.

Anyway all lets hope we're top come 5 O'clock so we can see how Chelski cope with the pressure.

Happy New Year to you all and more fine banter in 2015 !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:09 pm

AG7 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Official statement from both Clubs. Fat Frank's contract with City has been extended till end of EPL season.

Here it goes:

Manchester City can confirm that it has extended Frank Lampard’s contract up to the end of Manchester City’s season, enabling his continued participation in both domestic and European campaigns.

Great news that!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:23 pm

So 'fans' of a club which hasn't even kicked it's first ball in anger, have already started giving up their season tickets, in anger at news reports (as that's currently all this is) that a player CITY FOOTBALL GROUP are funding, is likely to play for the parent club a while longer.

NYCFC are a fucking subsidiary of CFG, and in all likelihood the entire premise of the club is to facilitate loans and transfers between it and other clubs in the group.

Eg, as per any corporation, CFG will direct it's assets in the direction in which the return will be greatest, and that, in the case of Lampard, is clearly withing the premier league at this present time.

Nothing rag like about Ted's point, it's the reality of the situation, and until such time that the financial returns in Australia and USA become comparable to the premier league, the supporters (and I use that term very loosely in the case of NYC) clubs had better fucking get used to that situation.

I have a little more sympathy were this situation to happen in Australia, as their fans didn't sign up for this arrangement, but the NYC 'fans' can go and get fucked

I agree with about the economic argument but supporting a football club isn't really something you do for the sake of a club's financial status or subordination to another club. Say that City had not been bought by the sheik and a Spanish club had come to us (I don't think that's legal but just for the sake of the argument, bear with me) and supported us financially on the condition that they can first give us players and then take them back if they want to, I wouldn't have liked it. From a rational standpoint we're not worse off than before, probably better, but it still doesn't sit right you know? I guess you could argue that NYFC is a new club, doesn't have any history and so forth, but I wouldn't want to support a club that's so obviously treated as a subsidiary even if it DOES make sense both from a sports perspective AND economic perspective. To me, the emotional aspect of supporting a club would be lost.

On the other hand, in the US they'd be used to this kind of thing as there's a ton of farmer teams in all major sports where players move back and forth depending on injuries, transfers and form. I however would not have liked to support a team like that. It's like supporting a mid-table club in the PL and knowing that you're best players are going to get poached but you'll get nothing for it (not exactly, as again NYFC are benefitting financially and sportswise from their affiliation with City but it doesn't sit right).
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I agree with about the economic argument but supporting a football club isn't really something you do for the sake of a club's financial status or subordination to another club. Say that City had not been bought by the sheik and a Spanish club had come to us (I don't think that's legal but just for the sake of the argument, bear with me) and supported us financially on the condition that they can first give us players and then take them back if they want to, I wouldn't have liked it. From a rational standpoint we're not worse off than before, probably better, but it still doesn't sit right you know? I guess you could argue that NYFC is a new club, doesn't have any history and so forth, but I wouldn't want to support a club that's so obviously treated as a subsidiary even if it DOES make sense both from a sports perspective AND economic perspective. To me, the emotional aspect of supporting a club would be lost.

On the other hand, in the US they'd be used to this kind of thing as there's a ton of farmer teams in all major sports where players move back and forth depending on injuries, transfers and form. I however would not have liked to support a team like that. It's like supporting a mid-table club in the PL and knowing that you're best players are going to get poached but you'll get nothing for it (not exactly, as again NYFC are benefitting financially and sportswise from their affiliation with City but it doesn't sit right).

I think your point reinforces what I said In my last paragraph, that I'd have considerably more sympathy in this situation for the Melbourne fans who didn't have a choice in who owned their football club. I reckon there is every chance that this has a bearing on why we are not interested in Villa during our current striker crisis.

But the NYC fans signed up knowing that their new club were part of CFG, and it really just shows their naivity about 'soccer' that like Ted says, they think this is all a one way street and that they were going to get all this handed to them on a plate for free without anything flowing back across the Atlantic in our direction.

I get their point, I just feel it's totally naive of them to think that NYCFC are a stand alone entity, and that when it all comes down to priorities, unless they accept that Mcfc will always be the first priority for the group, they are destined to be disappointed.

Alternatively they can look at the positive things having mcfc on their side can do for them, and begin to see that both sides can benefit from sharing resources, and that in all likelihood in the long run when it comes to loans and player swaps, mcfc need this particular one, but NYC will get a choice of several top young talents each year, for ever....something no other club in the MLS has
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum