Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

a. Return as agreed at the end of December
2%
b. Extend to mid-February until the return of Yaya
36%
c. Extend until the end of the season
62%
d. Other - reason stated in thread
No votes

Total votes : 84

Re: Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
halnone wrote:I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

They have one team owned by red bull that isn't even in the city, and now they have another team that will always be second to Man City. They own Lampard and don't even have a say where he goes.

Seeing as they had FUCK ALL. And have now been given a club, a team, David Villa & Frank Lampard, plus the use of the training facilities & infastructure of the Premier League Champions & most likely the best football setup in the history of the fucking world, all immediately without even KICKING A FUCKING BALL. More then we had in A HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS.

I suggest that rather than feeling sorry for them, you feel what a stuffy bunch of fuckers they are compared to 99.99 % of football supporters anywhere in the world, ever.

Jesus H Christ.

Didn't we also build a football pitch for a school on top of one of their buildings?

Yep. And no doubt we will do more of it.

And we will back this fucking club, to build a team capable of challenging for their league regularly. But some of them want their hot dogs with fucking ice cream on the top, straight away or feel underprivileged & mistreated.

I wonder how they'd get on supporting Manchester City in the 3rd division with FUCK ALL.

Seeing as New York Cosmos attract an average 5k fans, wih Raul in the fucking team, I'd suggest not very well.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I strongly disagree with that. The main whingers seem to me to be very much the kind of people I am talking about.

I'd imagine so. Typical rags who'll have sly digs but claim "no alliance". Wankers!

Well we are the only club who have set up an extension in the States. Comparing it with other MLS teams is bollocks. Why would rags or scousers have animosity towards New York Cosmos if it was them instead ?

This is City, & they are shit stirring.

You do realize the model being used by City is already being used by the energy drink company Red Bull. They have a team in MLS it's the other New York team. There teams are FC Red Bull Salzburg, New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Brasil, RB Leipzig and Red Bull Ghana. City is actually the third club to do this in MLS. The other was Chivas who started Chivas USA which was a complete failure. That team was shut down by the league at the end of this past season.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:33 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I strongly disagree with that. The main whingers seem to me to be very much the kind of people I am talking about.

I'd imagine so. Typical rags who'll have sly digs but claim "no alliance". Wankers!

Well we are the only club who have set up an extension in the States. Comparing it with other MLS teams is bollocks. Why would rags or scousers have animosity towards New York Cosmos if it was them instead ?

This is City, & they are shit stirring.

You do realize the model being used by City is already being used by the energy drink company Red Bull. They have a team in MLS it's the other New York team. There teams are FC Red Bull Salzburg, New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Brasil, RB Leipzig and Red Bull Ghana. City is actually the third club to do this in MLS. The other was Chivas who started Chivas USA which was a complete failure. That team was shut down by the league at the end of this past season.

You do realise that none of those teams play in the English Premier League, thus are not rivals to rags, Arse, scouse etc supporters, so your point has no relevance whatsoever ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
halnone wrote:I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

They have one team owned by red bull that isn't even in the city, and now they have another team that will always be second to Man City. They own Lampard and don't even have a say where he goes.

Seeing as they had FUCK ALL. And have now been given a club, a team, David Villa & Frank Lampard, plus the use of the training facilities & infastructure of the Premier League Champions & most likely the best football setup in the history of the fucking world, all immediately without even KICKING A FUCKING BALL. More then we had in A HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS.

I suggest that rather than feeling sorry for them, you feel what a stuffy bunch of fuckers they are compared to 99.99 % of football supporters anywhere in the world, ever.

Jesus H Christ.

Didn't we also build a football pitch for a school on top of one of their buildings?

Yep. And no doubt we will do more of it.

And we will back this fucking club, to build a team capable of challenging for their league regularly. But some of them want their hot dogs with fucking ice cream on the top, straight away or feel underprivileged & mistreated.

I wonder how they'd get on supporting Manchester City in the 3rd division with FUCK ALL.

Seeing as New York Cosmos attract an average 5k fans, wih Raul in the fucking team, I'd suggest not very well.

Raul hasn't played yet he just signed a couple of weeks ago.

NYCFC has already used two of their DP slots it will be interesting to see who the third is. The salary cap for the team is $3.1 million and with a players can have maximum salary of $387,500 a year. For the the three DP slots their salary counts for $350,000 towards the salary cap.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Perhaps the whingearses can all fuck off & watch Raul then, & support the club who was giving them Pele & a team full of stars in the '70s rather than sitting on their fat fucking arses waiting for City to hand them everything on a fucking big fat plate.

Then we can get on with building a club along with supporters who want to be part of that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Perhaps the whingearses can all fuck off & watch Raul then, & support the club who was giving them Pele & a team full of stars in the '70s rather than sitting on their fat fucking arses waiting for City to hand them verything on a fucking big fat plate.

Then we can get on with building a club along with supporters who want to be part of that.

Honestly I fucking hate the Cosmos and their supporters. NYCFC I really don't care about. If my local club moves up to MLS then I fucking hate them too.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:49 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Perhaps the whingearses can all fuck off & watch Raul then, & support the club who was giving them Pele & a team full of stars in the '70s rather than sitting on their fat fucking arses waiting for City to hand them verything on a fucking big fat plate.

Honestly I fucking hate the Cosmos and their supporters. NYCFC I really don't care about. If my local club moves up to MLS then I fucking hate them too.

I'm looking forward to watching NYC.

I think it's going to be a great adventure. I imagine it will produce a lot of its own players in the long run, & maybe take some from our academy. Maybe even vice versa one day; we may get a top player from New York's academy.

With the expertise on offer & the backing of the CFG i think they will really create something in the long term. Short term it will just be a case of seeing what happens & hoping it works.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Maybe even vice versa one day; we may get a top player from New York's academy.

That is probably at least 20 years away if ever. The academy system and youth football in general in the U.S. needs a major overhaul. The problem is the kids that could really turn in to something special here stop playing between the ages of 13 or 15. I'm not sure if the trend is still there but for a couple of years a lot of boys are quitting soccer to play lacrosse.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:30 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Maybe even vice versa one day; we may get a top player from New York's academy.

That is probably at least 20 years away if ever. The academy system and youth football in general in the U.S. needs a major overhaul. The problem is the kids that could really turn in to something special here stop playing between the ages of 13 or 15. I'm not sure if the trend is still there but for a couple of years a lot of boys are quitting soccer to play lacrosse.

They haven't had City's academy involved though. I think they will try to go big on it over there.All the kids from the communities with backgrounds in football such as Italy, Spain etc for example; City wil be looking to tap into the poor kids from those kind of areas for talent I should imagine.

I'd be very suprprised if they don't find some raw talent, & if some of them don't actually get to train over here as part of their education. Then they have just as good a chance as a kid from Manchester. There was a lad from the US for example, playing as a guest for one of City's kids teams in a tournament a year or two ago, who was voted player of the tournament. No idea if he will be at NYC, but it shows there can be comparable talent.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

They haven't had City's academy involved though. I think they will try to go big on it over there.All the kids from the communities with backgrounds in football such as Italy, Spain etc for example; City wil be looking to tap into the poor kids from those kind of areas for talent I should imagine.

I'd be very suprprised if they don't find some raw talent, & if some of them don't actually get to train over here as part of their education. Then they have just as good a chance as a kid from Manchester. There was a lad from the US for example, playing as a guest for one of City's kids teams in a tournament a year or two ago, who was voted player of the tournament. No idea if he will be at NYC, but it shows there can be comparable talent.

It's going to take a long time for the stigma of youth football to change here. It is seen for the most part as a sport that is played by middle class kids from the suburbs. The kids from the poor areas play basketball or American football. Those are the sports where the money is over here and they see it as a way to get their family and friends out of that area. As far as TV ratings goes for team sports MLS is sixth behind NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and WNBA but their attendance is third or fourth.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:08 am

JamieMCFC wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

It's going to take a long time for the stigma of youth football to change here. It is seen for the most part as a sport that is played by middle class kids from the suburbs. The kids from the poor areas play basketball or American football. Those are the sports where the money is over here and they see it as a way to get their family and friends out of that area. As far as TV ratings goes for team sports MLS is sixth behind NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and WNBA but their attendance is third or fourth.

Hence City already started, 4 years ago, to begin changing that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... chool.html

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:30 am

The exception to this is the rapidly expanding hispanic population. This may ultimately make a difference to US attitudes to soccer. I agree that the guys who buy premier league soccer on satellite are exclusively middle class types.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:59 am

blues2win wrote:The exception to this is the rapidly expanding hispanic population. This may ultimately make a difference to US attitudes to soccer. I agree that the guys who buy premier league soccer on satellite are exclusively middle class types.

Surely the majority of people who succeed in American Football & Basketball, need to be of a particular size & build ?

That must surely rule out countless millions of kids.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:26 pm

As it happens my sister lives in the U.S. Both her sons played soccer through school. She wasn't at all keen on them playing american football which she regarded as much more violent and potentially dangerous. I think a lot of soccer moms feel the same. It's certainly true that to succeed at basketball and american football you've ultimately got to have the right physique. That doesn't mean that smaller boys won't ultimately become American football or basketball fans helping finance the huge costs of those sports into the future. It's actually quite difficult to keep playing soccer at College. If you're good enough for the College team fine but otherwise boys tend to stop playing as both my nephews have. Also if you play for the team you have to dedicate a lot of time to training cutting down on study and having fun. There doesn't room for guys who just want to play for fun whilst boozing and screwing etc.

I just think that young Hispanic kids are more culturally attuned to soccer. If they want to watch soccer as they leave school rather than traditional American sports it might change things over time.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:40 pm

blues2win wrote:As it happens my sister lives in the U.S. Both her sons played soccer through school. She wasn't at all keen on them playing american football which she regarded as much more violent and potentially dangerous. I think a lot of soccer moms feel the same. It's certainly true that to succeed at basketball and american football you've ultimately got to have the right physique. That doesn't mean that smaller boys won't ultimately become American football or basketball fans helping finance the huge costs of those sports into the future. It's actually quite difficult to keep playing soccer at College. If you're good enough for the College team fine but otherwise boys tend to stop playing as both my nephews have. Also if you play for the team you have to dedicate a lot of time to training cutting down on study and having fun. There doesn't room for guys who just want to play for fun whilst boozing and screwing etc.

I just think that young Hispanic kids are more culturally attuned to soccer. If they want to watch soccer as they leave school rather than traditional American sports it might change things over time.

Whatever changes around the country, City will be trying to identify kids with talent, for our project & coach them. That can happen irrespective of the college system or anything else; we don't need it. Just the right kids with talent. We will provide the rest.

The system isn't our problem.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:The exception to this is the rapidly expanding hispanic population. This may ultimately make a difference to US attitudes to soccer. I agree that the guys who buy premier league soccer on satellite are exclusively middle class types.

Surely the majority of people who succeed in American Football & Basketball, need to be of a particular size & build ?

That must surely rule out countless millions of kids.

But there are even millions more that have the perfect size and build to play football but choose to play American football and basketball instead. I do agree with the increasing Hispanic population changing things here. I saw it with my sons youth club. When he started at u9 all of the teams were primarily white suburban kids there was always a few exceptions on each team. His last year playing at u15 there were several all Hispanic teams in his league. That was 3 years ago and I'm sure it has increased since then.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:10 pm

I'm fairly certain that our involvement in the MLS is much more than just participating in the league with the longer term objective to evolve the league into a primary sport in the USA, just like American Football, Basketball & Baseball.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Telegraph reporting that the Premier League are threatening to block Lampard from playing in the next two matches because his loan period ends at midnight on Dec 31 and City won't be able to register an extension of the loan until January 3. That would also rule out his playing in the FA Cup because he wouldn't be registered by the Friday midday deadline for that match. Wonder whether whisky nose would have had that problem. Extension till mid February agreed with american side then review at that stage apparently.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:24 pm

blues2win wrote:Telegraph reporting that the Premier League are threatening to block Lampard from playing in the next two matches because his loan period ends at midnight on Dec 31 and City won't be able to register an extension of the loan until January 3. That would also rule out his playing in the FA Cup because he wouldn't be registered by the Friday midday deadline for that match. Wonder whether whisky nose would have had that problem. Extension till mid February agreed with american side then review at that stage apparently.

I am sure City will have known about this and maybe the FA are being awkward if they do delay it all, if indeed what the Telegraph is saying is 100% correct.It isn't usually.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby halnone » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Jesus H Christ.

i would expect this type of arrogance from rag cafe. God forbid there are football fans somewhere in the world that want to have a club that isn't part of some global brand that is already fucking them over by not giving their player back.

The whole thing is a joke and i wish we never started these "sister clubs". It's just tarnishing our image. Some people I know in NY have already canceled their season tickets because NYCFC is just looking like a farce at this point.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum