Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

a. Return as agreed at the end of December
2%
b. Extend to mid-February until the return of Yaya
36%
c. Extend until the end of the season
62%
d. Other - reason stated in thread
No votes

Total votes : 84

Re: Frank Lampard - Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That's a wierd one Ted, you think that they won't have their own identity and that they are only there for MCFC?

All clubs in the CFG are, and should be independent clubs, otherwise, we may as well just all be CFG supporters worldwide with no real loyalty to our local club.

Maybe one day it would be nice to watch a day of CFG realted football, starting with the likes of Melbourne City and finishing with NYCFC, but the reality is that I will only be looking for one club, and that is MCFC. Maybe that's what the other clubs in the group want, just their own club with the added bonus of being part of the wider group. That will not include having your best players stolen when MCFC have a shortfall.

No, I didn't say that, at all.

I said that the whole thing is a CITY organisation, so therefore, each club supports its sister clubs. The head of that organisation is MCFC.

If people resent City, ie rags etc, they should not become NYC supporters, as NYC are part of City, & vice versa. They should be supporting a rival club.

That's fine, so as independent clubs with independent supporters then they have a right to support whoever they want, yes?

So, if they live in New York and wish to follow their local team, they should be allowed, yes?

As a club, and a league, who have contracted a player, they should have every right to see that player turn up at an arranged time and not have another club force the issue, especially as the player in question is the lead brand?

Would it be OK for us to lend NYCFC Sergio Aguero until the start of the season, say, when we're playing a title rival, only for them to say 'Sorry, we're keeping him until Christmas.'?

All relevant questions Ted and looking at it from both a supporters and CFG position, I'd suggest that respect has to work both ways and that having a club in other countries is about teamwork, not just MCFC.

Would it have been ok for Sheikh Mansour to take over Stuart Pearce's City team, buy us a new squad of players plus David Villa & Lampard then tell us we have to wait a couple of months longer for Lampard yiou mean ?

Absofuckinglutely it would have been, 100% perfectly fucking utterly, brilliantly fine. As it should be for anyone who is being given a club from nothing.

It's not fine, by rags, Arsenal & Liverpool supporters who live in New York & want City to fail.

But allowed to support the club? How the fuck would I stop them ?

But they need to understand they are supporting a City team which is part of the City football group & is majority owned by City. I'm not sure some of them actually realise that, as they are bitter rags & scousers, & therefore want nothing to do with City, & are actually avidly against City.

They need it spelling out that they are supporting a City team, therefore if they hate City, they should not be supporting our organisation.

More like absolutely bollocks Ted, although hypothetical, I'd say there's no way would we stand for our player sitting it out in another league after the defined moment he was supposed to come to us.

And the way you are saying it, MCFC are the only thing here and everybody else panders to our whims. Well, I don't see it like that, not like that at all. Our custodians have not brought the CFG about to just better City's needs, if you think it is then I'll leave it there. However, it's far more important to break into other marketsto further their needs, not just to help City.

Fuck me mate, 'They're there to support the City team' and nothing more?

*Shakes head*
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That's a wierd one Ted, you think that they won't have their own identity and that they are only there for MCFC?

All clubs in the CFG are, and should be independent clubs, otherwise, we may as well just all be CFG supporters worldwide with no real loyalty to our local club.

Maybe one day it would be nice to watch a day of CFG realted football, starting with the likes of Melbourne City and finishing with NYCFC, but the reality is that I will only be looking for one club, and that is MCFC. Maybe that's what the other clubs in the group want, just their own club with the added bonus of being part of the wider group. That will not include having your best players stolen when MCFC have a shortfall.

No, I didn't say that, at all.

I said that the whole thing is a CITY organisation, so therefore, each club supports its sister clubs. The head of that organisation is MCFC.

If people resent City, ie rags etc, they should not become NYC supporters, as NYC are part of City, & vice versa. They should be supporting a rival club.

That's fine, so as independent clubs with independent supporters then they have a right to support whoever they want, yes?

So, if they live in New York and wish to follow their local team, they should be allowed, yes?

As a club, and a league, who have contracted a player, they should have every right to see that player turn up at an arranged time and not have another club force the issue, especially as the player in question is the lead brand?

Would it be OK for us to lend NYCFC Sergio Aguero until the start of the season, say, when we're playing a title rival, only for them to say 'Sorry, we're keeping him until Christmas.'?

All relevant questions Ted and looking at it from both a supporters and CFG position, I'd suggest that respect has to work both ways and that having a club in other countries is about teamwork, not just MCFC.

Would it have been ok for Sheikh Mansour to take over Stuart Pearce's City team, buy us a new squad of players plus David Villa & Lampard then tell us we have to wait a couple of months longer for Lampard yiou mean ?

Absofuckinglutely it would have been, 100% perfectly fucking utterly, brilliantly fine. As it should be for anyone who is being given a club from nothing.

It's not fine, by rags, Arsenal & Liverpool supporters who live in New York & want City to fail.

But allowed to support the club? How the fuck would I stop them ?

But they need to understand they are supporting a City team which is part of the City football group & is majority owned by City. I'm not sure some of them actually realise that, as they are bitter rags & scousers, & therefore want nothing to do with City, & are actually avidly against City.

They need it spelling out that they are supporting a City team, therefore if they hate City, they should not be supporting our organisation.

More like absolutely bollocks Ted, although hypothetical, I'd say there's no way would we stand for our player sitting it out in another league after the defined moment he was supposed to come to us.

And the way you are saying it, MCFC are the only thing here and everybody else panders to our whims. Well, I don't see it like that, not like that at all. Our custodians have not brought the CFG about to just better City's needs, if you think it is then I'll leave it there. However, it's far more important to break into other marketsto further their needs, not just to help City.

Fuck me mate, 'They're there to support the City team' and nothing more?

*Shakes head*

I'm shaking my fucking head at how you've managed to completely misrepresent what I'm saying TWICE after me explaining it to you TWICE.

Suffice to say; No I'm not saying they are all there to support the City team & nothing more.

In case you didn't get it for the 3rd time: No, I'm not saying they are all there to support the City team and nothing more.

What I am saying is; they are all part of the same organisation, which is CITY. They will all support each other.

We didn't buy a fucking club in US for it to be a fucking RIVAL CLUB full of rag supporters who hate us, we bought it to be a part of CITY.

If people can't see that, they must think our owners are fucking stupid; 'lets start a club for rag & scouse supporters in the staes & have them bitching about our organisation'.

It's designed to be CITY. That's why it fucking plays in blue & white & is training at our fucking training ground; because it's owned by US representing us as a sister club in New York. The fucking manager has been working with Pellegrini ffs!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am

JamieMCFC wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Can we sign him permanantly in January?

It would be up to MLS not NYCFC or MCFC. His contract is with the league and not the club.

This point seems to be completely lost on everyone.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

It would be up to MLS not NYCFC or MCFC. His contract is with the league and not the club.

It's not lost on me, it's ignored as not being in any way relevant, so I can't be arsed looking up the legal details. The case of Beckham has already proved it anyhow.

Whatever ownership technicality you are referring to, should it exist, has already been dealt with months ago by those of us following the situation, but just for the benefit of the thread & to save pointless future arguement on this matter, here is the head honcho of MLS on the subject:

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-socc ... i-and-more

ESPN FC: Another NYC FC question: The whole Frank Lampard situation with his loan to Manchester City, and possibly extending that loan, keeps coming up. What's the latest on this and might he miss part of the regular season? Might he miss preseason?

Garber: I want to say strongly that all player personnel decisions like this are made by the club. It was [this way with] the L.A. Galaxy with David Beckham, and his decision to go out on loan to AC Milan and any decision as it relates to Frank and his time is going to be made by NYC FC. The club has said publicly that they expect Frank to be with them for preseason training. That's all I know.

Not even interested.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

It's not lost on me, it's ignored as not being in any way relevant, so I can't be arsed looking up the legal details. The case of Beckham has already proved it anyhow.

Whatever ownership technicality you are referring to, should it exist, has already been dealt with months ago by those of us following the situation, but just for the benefit of the thread & to save pointless future arguement on this matter, here is the head honcho of MLS on the subject:

ESPN FC: Another NYC FC question: The whole Frank Lampard situation with his loan to Manchester City, and possibly extending that loan, keeps coming up. What's the latest on this and might he miss part of the regular season? Might he miss preseason?

Garber: I want to say strongly that all player personnel decisions like this are made by the club. It was [this way with] the L.A. Galaxy with David Beckham, and his decision to go out on loan to AC Milan and any decision as it relates to Frank and his time is going to be made by NYC FC. The club has said publicly that they expect Frank to be with them for preseason training. That's all I know.

Not even interested.

I was referring to Barclay and his ilk in that post.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Fair enough.

I don't think the MLS are interested in which player does what, so long as no rules are broken.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Fair enough.

I don't think the MLS are interested in which player does what, so long as no rules are broken.

They only get involved if the owner club files a complaint........well we all know that isnt going to happen.

There again lets just go with fuckign TITS like Foreverbumming shampoo bottles...he has all the answers.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

They only get involved if the owner club files a complaint........well we all know that isnt going to happen.

There again lets just go with fuckign TITS like Foreverbumming shampoo bottles...he has all the answers.

More surpressed homoeroticism, perhaps you and Herb should hook up, it may help you both relax a bit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

More surpressed homoeroticism, perhaps you and Herb should hook up, it may help you both relax a bit.

Can you tell us all what the next step is for Lampard and what the MLS is going to do.

Thanks.
Cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Can you tell us all what the next step is for Lampard and what the MLS is going to do.

Thanks.
Cunt.

Please, if you would be so kind, point out to me where I have suggested that I have all the answers. Retard.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Not even interested.

I wasn't talking about the loan deal. I was referring to the permanent signing of Lampard in January. MLS has blocked deals from going through before if they feel that it isn't in the best interest of the league. I've been following MLS since the league formed. I've been following it even closer over the last year. Since my local club has entered into expansion talks with the league. As far as NYCFC goes the launch of this team has been horrible from a PR standpoint. From the failure to get a soccer stadium in NYC, to the Lampard loan, to the kit launch. They are being called Chivas 2.0.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:34 pm

Not surprising when many of the people commenting on it seem to be rags, scouse & arse fans etc who have nothing but animosity toward City, yet are claiming to 'support' a City team.

I imagine it will take a while to grow its own support & weed out all the bitter wankers.

But so long as City stick to their guns & build a quality team, which learns to play football like the team here does,it will happen eventually.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Not surprising when many of the people commenting on it seem to be rags, scouse & arse fans etc who have nothing but animosity toward City, yet are claiming to 'support' a City team.

I imagine it will take a while to grow its own support & weed out all the bitter wankers.

But so long as City stick to their guns & build a quality team, which learns to play football like the team here does,it will happen eventually.

You are wrong. This has nothing to do with rags, scouse or arse fans. For the most part the supporting of teams outside of America do not come into play when supporting your local team over here whether it be MLS, NASL or USL. If NYCFC weed out all of the supporters of those other teams. They aren't going to have very much support.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:19 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Not surprising when many of the people commenting on it seem to be rags, scouse & arse fans etc who have nothing but animosity toward City, yet are claiming to 'support' a City team.

You are wrong. This has nothing to do with rags, scouse or arse fans. For the most part the supporting of teams outside of America do not come into play when supporting your local team over here whether it be MLS, NASL or USL. If NYCFC weed out all of the supporters of those other teams. They aren't going to have very much support.

In one paragraph you've just managed to contradict yourself...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:20 pm

I strongly disagree with that. The main whingers seem to me to be very much the kind of people I am talking about.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I strongly disagree with that. The main whingers seem to me to be very much the kind of people I am talking about.

I'd imagine so. Typical rags who'll have sly digs but claim "no alliance". Wankers!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I strongly disagree with that. The main whingers seem to me to be very much the kind of people I am talking about.

I'd imagine so. Typical rags who'll have sly digs but claim "no alliance". Wankers!

Well we are the only club who have set up an extension in the States. Comparing it with other MLS teams is bollocks. Why would rags or scousers have animosity towards New York Cosmos if it was them instead ?

This is City, & they are shit stirring.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby halnone » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:43 pm

I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

They have one team owned by red bull that isn't even in the city, and now they have another team that will always be second to Man City. They own Lampard and don't even have a say where he goes.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:54 pm

halnone wrote:I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

They have one team owned by red bull that isn't even in the city, and now they have another team that will always be second to Man City. They own Lampard and don't even have a say where he goes.

Seeing as they had FUCK ALL. And have now been given a club, a team, David Villa & Frank Lampard, plus the use of the training facilities & infastructure of the Premier League Champions & most likely the best football setup in the history of the fucking world, all immediately without even KICKING A FUCKING BALL. More then we had in A HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS.

I suggest that rather than feeling sorry for them, you feel what a stuffy bunch of fuckers they are compared to 99.99 % of football supporters anywhere in the world, ever.

Jesus H Christ.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
halnone wrote:I used to live in New York and this whole thing is making me feel for football fans in New york.

Seeing as they had FUCK ALL. And have now been given a club, a team, David Villa & Frank Lampard, plus the use of the training facilities & infastructure of the Premier League Champions & most likely the best football setup in the history of the fucking world, all immediately without even KICKING A FUCKING BALL. More then we had in A HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS.

I suggest that rather than feeling sorry for them, you feel what a stuffy bunch of fuckers they are compared to 99.99 % of football supporters anywhere in the world, ever.

Jesus H Christ.

Didn't we also build a football pitch for a school on top of one of their buildings?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum