Nothing Negative To Report........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nothing Negative To Report........

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Does anyone else feel that City have been relatively quiet in the media of late. Since the 22nd of November we have won eight on the trot,
while being without what you would consider to be a lot of our best players, through injury or suspension. We are in a situation that we don't have a striker
but are managing to win without any fuss. The whole team are pulling together and finding a way.
We are the form team, but it is not getting a lot of attention. We have levelled the points between us and Chelsea, although they play tonight.

A lot of people talk about media anti-City agendas, and the last thing i want to do is start another thread that opens up that debate again.
But the fact is, there is nothing negative to write about us. The opening of the Academy, the qualifying for EUFA round of 16. Just getting on with it and
winning in the face of adversity. These are the stories, but the media are not making a fuss over them.

That's the way I like it. We have played ourselves back into form and done it slipping under the radar. Silent but deadly.
The media seemingly, in the face of no negative stories, have decided to write about United or Rodgers or Mourinho. Long may it continue.
I'm not saying there is nothing at all reported about City. I'm just saying things are very calm and quiet in comparison to previous seasons.

I would quite happily see it stay this way all the way to Vinnie lifting the Premiership trophy, in May, before any of them notice a thing..
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Nothing Negative To Report........

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Yep, success is so dull if it is not red
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Id rather the media kept telling me Utd are going to win it, or that Chelsea - who won it in October anyway apparently - also have it won.

Siege mentality, fucl them all and keep doing what we are doing.

I would add that if other teams had put together the run we have, with the adversity we've faced, several members of the mainstream media would be circle jerking on a huge scale about it but as its City they simply cant bring it upon themselves to praise us.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:21 pm

And let it remain so.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:38 pm

cunts like paddy 'jockslaphead' barclay are desperately trying to push the lampard 'issue'
thankfully, a lot of his colleagues seem to like the idea of frank sticking around until the end of the season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:cunts like paddy 'jockslaphead' barclay are desperately trying to push the lampard 'issue'
thankfully, a lot of his colleagues seem to like the idea of frank sticking around until the end of the season

It's very difficult for them at the moment, to put a negative spin on things without being transparently obvious. I sense an undercurrent of begrudging admiration from some quarters, that kind of scares them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:51 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:cunts like paddy 'jockslaphead' barclay are desperately trying to push the lampard 'issue'

It's very difficult for them at the moment, to put a negative spin on things without being transparently obvious. I sense an undercurrent of begrudging admiration from some quarters, that kind of scares them.

The problem is, they can't slag Frank off, so whilst they criticise us, what happens if he says he wants to stay? Although when he leaves, expect 'Lampard snubs City headlines'
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Yes. And it's very obvious that he'd love to stay. He's been nothing, but positive, about the club.
Hard to put a spin on it without disrespecting him also. It's great, this dilemma that they're in.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Yes. And it's very obvious that he'd love to stay. He's been nothing, but positive, about the club.
Hard to put a spin on it without disrespecting him also. It's great, this dilemma that they're in.

I see Timmy Toffee Howard having a Dig now over Frank now " MLS should slap Ftanks wrist but they won't " City own New York and City own the World . Lol Wanker
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:33 pm

barclay really is a smug know-nothing piece of shit and I hope he has a miserable christmas
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Yes. And it's very obvious that he'd love to stay. He's been nothing, but positive, about the club.

Lose the commas, chief. It's nothing, but bizarre. Capive?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:43 am

On the CFA......(Collymore)..."It's bad for the game. With those facilities, City willhoover up allthe local talent. What chance for Bury, Oldham and Rochdale?"

On Aguero being injured....(Jason Cundy)...."What will City do now? They are a one man team."

After the Rag's draw at Vanilla Park....(Can't be arsed remembering which printed bog roll)..."[the rag's] are probably too far behind Chelsea to catch them up" Before the Stoke match, weren't City on the same number of points? We're not really here.

No media agenda,no media negatives...move along.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:45 am

john68 wrote:On the CFA......(Collymore)..."It's bad for the game. With those facilities, City willhoover up allthe local talent. What chance for Bury, Oldham and Rochdale?"

On Aguero being injured....(Jason Cundy)...."What will City do now? They are a one man team."

After the Rag's draw at Vanilla Park....(Can't be arsed remembering which printed bog roll)..."[the rag's] are probably too far behind Chelsea to catch them up" Before the Stoke match, weren't City on the same number of points? We're not really here.

No media agenda,no media negatives...move along.

Mangala starts to show his worth with a decent run of games, nothing, Jamie Jackson must have had the curly finger as he used the word "class" to describe us on Saturday gone. That is worth a full investigation right there or he has had a major typo.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:29 am

what collymore should have been highlighting, as a voice of the people, yeah right, is that City have shamed the government into putting 50m quid into grass roots which in turn has shamed the fuckwits at the fa who've had years and years to work on this and get things in place but no, the government and the fa chose to build a new wembley that no cunt wanted or can get to and from without the risk of missing the train home after watching their team or an england team full of average scum or pool players. Highlight that collymore you ignorant, dogging, woman beating little turd
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:34 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:what collymore should have been highlighting, as a voice of the people, yeah right, is that City have shamed the government into putting 50m quid into grass roots which in turn has shamed the fuckwits at the fa who've had years and years to work on this and get things in place but no, the government and the fa chose to build a new wembley that no cunt wanted or can get to and from without the risk of missing the train home after watching their team or an england team full of average scum or pool players. Highlight that collymore you ignorant, dogging, woman beating little turd

I will buy you a pint for that. What a belting post.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:58 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:what collymore should have been highlighting, as a voice of the people, yeah right, is that City have shamed the government into putting 50m quid into grass roots which in turn has shamed the fuckwits at the fa who've had years and years to work on this and get things in place but no, the government and the fa chose to build a new wembley that no cunt wanted or can get to and from without the risk of missing the train home after watching their team or an england team full of average scum or pool players. Highlight that collymore you ignorant, dogging, woman beating little turd

I will buy you a pint for that. What a belting post.

ha ha +2 nicely put!

I have an issue with the Government having to put £50m into grass roots when we are being fined multi millions of pounds for not complying with corrupt and insane financial regulations and then this money is distributed amongst europes wealthiest elite clubs? Its sickening, its wrong and its unbelievably absurd!

Its like giving a family on the breadline £50 a week to live on and telling them they have more money in their account but they cannot spend it, however, if they do exceed the set budget then they will take £20 a week off them and they have the same shopping bill to fund. I am sure there are much better analogies out there but FFS, how the fuck do they get away with shit like this?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:28 am

A genuine question as we don't get Talkshite, or Collymore over here.......does anyone actually listen to him. I get the impression from reading on here that he is there for shock radio purposes. You know what I mean.....they say something outrageous that flies in the face of what everyone knows is true and wait for the phone lines to go red. We have stations like that here too but I really couldn't be bothered with them.
There are several know nothings over here that have never been shy about having a pop at City every chance they got, but my feeling is that a lot of them are keeping their powder dry now. maybe they are getting sense. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Certainly a lot quieter over here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:38 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

A genuine question as we don't get Talkshite, or Collymore over here.......does anyone actually listen to him. I get the impression from reading on here that he is there for shock radio purposes. You know what I mean.....they say something outrageous that flies in the face of what everyone knows is true and wait for the phone lines to go red. We have stations like that here too but I really couldn't be bothered with them.
There are several know nothings over here that have never been shy about having a pop at City every chance they got, but my feeling is that a lot of them are keeping their powder dry now. maybe they are getting sense. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Certainly a lot quieter over here.

I've pretty much stopped listening to it, wheras I used to listen to it all the time.

From what I can gather, that is common amongst many City fans. I've seen stuff on Bluemoon where they recon Talkshite have started up some of their usual anti City shit, & asked for City fans to phone in, & not one has done so.

I hope the day will come when no City fans will phone in, ever.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:44 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

TalkScrote is a predictable, right-wing, shock-jock radio station that caters to a London-based audience. It loves the queen, the tories and the rags/dippers. There is not one intelligent person who works on the broadcasting side and it spews puke and poison 24 hours a day. It does nothing less than denigrate the whole of football whilst simultaneously poncing off it. Collymoron is one of its prize, half-witted degenerates. It currently employs avowed misogynists, woman-thumpers, formerly jailed drug-pushers, convicted drink-drivers and God knows what other forms of humanity.
Last edited by Peter Doherty (AGAIG) on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:45 am

Did anyone see Amy Lawrence on Sunday Supplement? She got us bang on. To paraphrase she said that because everyone is used to Real Madrid spending big bucks no one bats an eyelid. But because our success has happened so quickly, people haven't come to terms with it and react negatively. She spoke really well.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum