*** city v palace *** offical match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v palace *** offical match thread

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
twosips wrote:
Mase wrote:Kolarov proving today why he's our first choice LB when fit (don't have a cry twodicks). Brilliant from the best dressed City player as usual.

I have absolutely nowt against Kolarov. Weird.

The problem is that Made doesn't either and what he'd like to have against him is a raging boner while Aleks dons his vest and flat cap.

Cheers

Who wouldn't? The guys a hunk!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:07 pm

milners shooting needs some work, i'll have a word.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Absolute brilliant team performance today , was a joy to watch , our passing and workrate is at the level if not better than when we won the title last season . The crowd in the Etihad stayed patient with the new system , Palace and Warnock made things incredibly difficult first half with ten defenders , why do these teams do this ? surely they need to try and score a goal ffs ??? Fat cunt of a ref was a disgrace , he needs fucking right off what a clown ! Yaya , Nasri , Fernandino , Zabba and Mangala brilliant but Milner put a shift and a half in for a well deserved standing ovation inside the ground . Terriffic 3 pts in the circumstances ......... now all the pressure is on Chelski Monday eve !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 pm

The proof was in the pudding. Pozo was never the answer.
I thought it was fascinating watching the team trying to solve the problem during the first half. They came within an ace a few times. And they went on to score three beautifully crated goals to win the game.
Maybe it was because I was in the top tier for a change and could see the different view of the play developing rather than the thud and blunder of low down behind the goal.
Excellent performance, and individually many players stepped up and shone. Dave, Ferna, Nasri and Milner worked so hard and Mangala took another step towards settling down to his task.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:23 pm

On the other hand it could have been more to do with me being sober for a change!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Absolutely brilliant. Just got home and noticed we've got a full compliment of Sky channels where I can see the full game, all the highlights and anything I bloody well want. Spoke to the lad and he's done a deal with Sky to get all channels for sixteen quid a month! And what's better, he's fucking paying for it!!!

Pass me that Stella ;-)

PS. Just gotta get rid of the Mrs now. If I'd have known, could've left her abroad ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Milner should never ever be used again in this position , he has been fuckign WOEFUL...if Pozo had performed like this then he wouldn't have been given another chance for the foreseeable..........

Good shout. Worked his arse off but not his position, say the least.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:36 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:That was with his 'weaker' foot. Haha. What a player.

If he'd trusted his left foot in the first half we'd have been two up at half time.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:36 pm

jimmygrimble2 wrote:Does any player hit the ball harder than yaya?

Aguero.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Good win again today.I make that 8 wins in a row, nearly forgot we were on a winning streak I've heard so much about the rags winning run of 6 games.

Yep, almost silent in the media about the fact that we're rolling-over every fucker in our way at the moment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Quality all round performance and again hard to think of one player who didn't play well. A few slightly hairy moments at the back and of course that big slice of luck with the disallowed goal but I felt Mangala and MDM did well.

Midfield and attacking the 3 main men, Yaya,Nasri and Silva, showed great control touch and passing and although Milner is anything but a front man you had to applaud the effort he put in as usual in giving the centre backs something to think about. But we have the added quality of 2 of the best attacking full backs in the prem. Zaba has improved so much with the timing and intelligence of his runs and is now a massive threat as he he gets in behind defences.Kolarov doesn't bother too much with all that but just whips great balls across and first time before defences get set.

The one thing we probably lack most of the time is shooting ability from 20/25 yards.Frank would have scored from there if we had really needed one today.

A little disappointed Ambrose didn't get a few minutes on the pitch. Would have seemed a nice touch but instead we get Sinclair who clearly isn't part of the future.All he managed to do was run offside when Fernando held that break on.I am sure Pellers will have had his reasons

I was a little worried/excited with regard to how we'd play today. We were fucking superb.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:33 am

There was a brilliant graphic of Milner's heatmap from today's match. In the attacking half he spent 99% of his time out on the wings.
Clearly he doesnt like to play up top. Pellegrini needs a rethink before WBA
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:48 am

Saul Goodman wrote:There was a brilliant graphic of Milner's heatmap from today's match. In the attacking half he spent 99% of his time out on the wings.

Maybe that was the point? Drag defenders out if position for others to exploit the space created. If it was, it worked well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:57 am

Saul Goodman wrote:There was a brilliant graphic of Milner's heatmapfrom today's match. In the attacking half he spent 99% of his time out on the wings.

Good username that, If I had to change from cold to warm Id consider it
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:39 am

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:There was a brilliant graphic of Milner's heatmap from today's match. In the attacking half he spent 99% of his time out on the wings.

Maybe that was the point? Drag defenders out if position for others to exploit the space created. If it was, it worked well

Was absolutely the point.

That was why Milner's performance was so good; not because of his work as a striker, but because of his work opening up space for Nasri, Silva etc & his discipline sticking to it rather than going for glory himself.

Not sure I agree with the comments about it proving Pozo couldn't do it though. He was not asked to. When the ball was played to Milner's feet with his back to goal, he lost it most times, just like Pozo.

I recon Pozo could possibly do what Milner did & also score the goals Yaya missed first half if asked to play deeper.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:56 am

So, after another impressive win, without key players, and without any recognised striker, are they still giving the title to Chelsea?

I'm sure they said the league was over in November.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, after another impressive win, without key players, and without any recognised striker, are they still giving the title to Chelsea?

Chelsea went unbeaten, mate, we're just going through the motions.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, after another impressive win, without key players, and without any recognised striker, are they still giving the title to Chelsea?

They will ignore us, like you would a loud fart at a funeral....but...we are not going away, unlike the fart, which would eventually
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

They will ignore us, like you would a loud fart at a funeral....but...we are not going away, unlike the fart, which would eventually

First it was Chelsea winning the league against and out of sorts City and now all's I hear is how the Rags are chasing City down. Can't we just have a headline about ourselves and our 8 game winning streak?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

First it was Chelsea winning the league against and out of sorts City and now all's I hear is how the Rags are chasing City down. Can't we just have a headline about ourselves and our 8 game winning streak?

If Chelsea lose 1-0 at Stoke we will have identical records down to goals scored and conceded and even a draw in the head to head. Be interesting to see who they would have as table toppers at Xmas. Means nothing except pride of course but my money would be Chelsea would be deemed table toppers by the media.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum